Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on all you Barcelona fans, why are you blaming Figo (a VERY GOOD PLAYER)? what have Barcelona done to keep him to the team??? I think it's a big mistake of Nunez.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Agree!

Yes, Barcelonas pride was a major contribution that Figo is white!

I dont think Figo had in mind after Euro2000 to leave for Real (maybe some other clubs but) and Barca could easily have kept him. But as i said, Catalans are so "proud" that sometimes it gets in their way!

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Wrong wrong wrong. It's a matter of having the decency to wait until the elections are over to negotiate. Not to take advantage of it by holding your team at gun point for a heafty randsome. Rivaldo had this decency. He refused to let his name be used in elections, why couldn't Figo do the same? Rivaldo is going to get his improvement in contract, all he had to do was wait until the elections were over. Figo is a bastard! Everyone who comes here who isn't a Barca fan telling us to shut up about this should think how they felt when there team lost someone who they loved because he wanted a bigger paycheck.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
You're right CarlosMiguel, probably the worst part was to discover that a player perceived as a team symbol was proved to be nothing but a common, cheap, greedy pesetario.

Correction: a common, EXPENSIVE, greedy pesetario.

What a contradiction to Redondo!

P.S. Sorry Dutch for trespassing. It won't happen again. I was just temtped by the topic starter, a Greek Panathinaikos fan(!)

[Edited by hala on 26-07-2000 at 17:42]

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Panathinaikos we expect you in the Greek forum,ok? :)

As for Figo,he should (a) stay at Barcelona or at lest not move to their worst rivals and (b) shut the **** up!

Greedy *****...I dont think I would forgive him if I was a Brc fan.Noone is bigger than the club and Barcelona didnt do anything wrong in my opinion.

·
Registered
550 Posts
FC Barcelona are blameless in this. Figo should have waited until all the Presidential elections were over, just as Rivaldo has done. Instead of biding his time and in the process gaining a better wage, Figo has not only shown himself to be a dirty traitor but he has also been made to look like Perez's whore.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Funny that Real Madrid has the symbols of loyalty and betrayal....Redondo & Figo playing in its midfield

[Edited by Che on 27-07-2000 at 01:16]

·
Registered
90 Posts
if i was the president of barca, i would have change the election date.

why?

- give the time to the new president to decide what he wants to do about figo and rivaldo (whatever he think about them)

- evaluate the team with the coach and decide the players to buy

you know guys, i think barca only played with fire and got burned. i mean, on a side you have your (probably) 2 best players that wants to re-negociate theirs contracts and on the other side you have the elections in the end of the summer. uselly, the players are sold or buy around the middle of the summer.

of course they already had a contract and should have respect it without complaning. but seriously guys they diserve a better salary. in my opinion barca wouldn't have being able to give a better pay to both players.so you would probably have lost a player anyway. this way you guys can give a better contract to rivaldo.

even you are lucky that rivaldo didn't do the same thing that figo did

of course now, it's too late, and figo did lie to you but he's not the only to blame, nunez didn't do nothing to help the situation.

you may say that the club is more important then any player, maybe but if you want to be consider as one of the best club in the world, you need the best players around

whatever you think about figo now, just remember that he use to be a key player for barcelona, probably the most consistent player all year long. he will be mist

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
judas07 (shouldn't you change it to judas10?)>
Judas didn't improve one single bit since last year. So he shouldn't get a better salary than last year when he just renewed his contract. If he negotiated the right way he could be earning more than he gets at Madrid. But he screwed it. Then he asks for more money, when he knows the president can't do anything because of the elections. To force them to give him more money he signs a precontract with a candidate of our archrivals who won't become president, at least Judas thought so. Then he lied to the Barça-fans about it. Judas burned himself when Perez got elected. He had to go, and he knew it.
Once again: He's great in the pitch, but I don't understand one single bit of the way he and Veiga run his carreer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
dutch fan, i guess you know that when figo plays for portugal, he always wear the number 7, so i don't think i'm gonna change my user name. anyway i'm not a real fan :)

i have to disagree with you about the fact that he didn't improve last season. "au contraire" i think he improve a lot, he scored more goals this season, took better free kicks... and why so many people discovered figo this year and not last season then

as a portugueese, i won't stop liking the player. and i guess that you will continue to dislike him when portugal and netherlands will face up in the qual for the next world cup :)

·
Registered
986 Posts
One question.

How long before Rivaldo signs for an Italian club and the Barca fans will be saying the same things that they are saying about Figo.

Face the music, Figo is gone and Rivaldo will probably also go. Maybe they can go out and get Beckham and pay him the money they should have paid Figo.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Sorry England66, your knowledge of the Rivaldo is as poor as the side England sent to Euro2000! Today Minguella, Rivo's agent said that Gaspart and the player had a telephone conversation in which Gaspart promised to give him what Barca owes him. Also SF has said that he wants to play him in the "mediapunta" role with freedom to show his true brilliance. This is what Rivo wanted all along and never would have gotten in Italy. He's going to stay and have a great year in the position he loves to play. Everyone should stop coming in this forum and having a go at us Barca fans over this Figo deal. The way i look at it, we will be buying three world class midfielders (Gerard, Petit?, Overmars?) for about 5 million dollars less than what we got for Figo. Tell me if i'm wrong, but isn't 3 better than 1? I think we'll be just fine.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I think he wasn't better this season than last season. Don't think I'm saying he wasn't good last year, but that he was this good the year before also. You have to admit, he could have gotten a much better deal last year... Then this situation wasn't necessairy at all...

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
The reason why many people finally "discovered" Figo was because Rivaldo's action last december. Figo played like he usually does, but because he got all the attention, he suddenly was "in the picture". He didn't improve.... He was just way more hyped in the media....

·
Registered
90 Posts
i agree with you on that point but i think that many people said last year that figo should have won the title instead of rivaldo (best player in the world).

rivaldo himself said that if figo was brazilian, he would probably have won the title.

i'm not saying these guys are right, i'm only saying that many people tought that figo was better then rivaldo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts