Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
Chelsa vs Barca

Omg i know that both teams were handed the toughest draw...i realy like think that this will be matches of the year..btw mourinho stated that he loved to get barce...:
 

·
Defunct
Joined
·
23,341 Posts
I don't think Chelsea has anything to fear. The pressure is on Barcelona, I think everyone expects them to go through. But you guys have a strong team and you can compete with anyone so they will be more worried about losing than you should be.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,469 Posts
Chelsea to win.
Arsenal to... ermmm... well never mind, we're used to it:D
 

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
Joined
·
31,893 Posts
Mourinho already prepared his psychological stuff before the draw...

He said the WANTED FCB!

Now its for the Catalans to ponder.

Congrates... Chelsea

and Fergie is a Genuis, isnt he... :howler:
 

·
THE
Joined
·
14,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as much as I understand, all planes from London to B are already booked. Revenge time :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,144 Posts
numerodix said:
I don't think Chelsea has anything to fear. The pressure is on Barcelona, I think everyone expects them to go through. But you guys have a strong team and you can compete with anyone so they will be more worried about losing than you should be.
I don't understand, why would the pressure be on Barcelona? So it matters if Barcelona loses, but it doesn't matter if Chelsea loses? Ronaldinho, Deco, Eto'o, Valdes and Puyol will make the difference :shades:
 

·
Welcome To Jamrock
Joined
·
9,729 Posts
This match is going to be brilliant! My prediction:

Arsenal - OUT
Man Utd - OUT
Liverpool - OUT
Chelsea - Hmmm...tough one :pp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69,969 Posts
Barcawinner said:
I don't understand, why would the pressure be on Barcelona? So it matters if Barcelona loses, but it doesn't matter if Chelsea loses? Ronaldinho, Deco, Eto'o, Valdes and Puyol will make the difference :shades:
I don´t understand either. Just see how much money Chelsea has invested in the squad... :eekani:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
I think, Chelsea's chances is better.. anyway without Larsson Barca isn't so good as before, especially cos has only one real forward and very short substitution's bench..
 

·
Defunct
Joined
·
23,341 Posts
Barcawinner said:
I don't understand, why would the pressure be on Barcelona? So it matters if Barcelona loses, but it doesn't matter if Chelsea loses? Ronaldinho, Deco, Eto'o, Valdes and Puyol will make the difference :shades:
No, not quite. But when it comes to Barcelona, you have your ups and downs and you haven't had a squad this strong for a while plus you have a lot of pressure on you which comes with the big club label. Chelsea, on the other hand, are not a big club per se, they're aspiring to be. And they also have (for now) the financial resources to mount a competitive CL campaign every year so if they don't win now, they probably will pretty soon anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
barcelona to repeat the 5-1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,477 Posts
Dimetrio said:
I think, Chelsea's chances is better.. anyway without Larsson Barca isn't so good as before, especially cos has only one real forward and very short substitution's bench..
Two months to the game, much can happen as the transfer market is open and players get back and get injuried....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,208 Posts
Tough tough call to make now! It is smack in the middle with 50-50 right now. Barcelona have more history compared to Chelsea which could unwind it all in the end but Mourinho brings with him organisation, purpose and confidence. He prepared his side to meet the strongest side hoping that another side would lift his side even more. It backfired and he is stuck with the worst 2nd pot team. A great tie in prospect.

For Barcelona this is the worst possible draw along with Juve. Chelsea is more a Serie A outfit than an EPL style team. Chelsea is more Serie A than Inter and Inter is more EPL than Chelsea IMO.

It will be a superb tie. Lots of great ones actually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,549 Posts
Last season Mourinho did exactly the same thing when he told that Manchester Utd was the team he wanted to play against. One day later, the draw put Manchester Utd against Porto and the Portuguese won the round. After that win, everyone saw that Porto could do something in 03/04 CL edition and that's what Mourinho wanted to show, especially to his players.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,144 Posts
LuisPedroCat said:
Last season Mourinho did exactly the same thing when he told that Manchester Utd was the team he wanted to play against. One day later, the draw put Manchester Utd against Porto and the Portuguese won the round. After that win, everyone saw that Porto could do something in 03/04 CL edition and that's what Mourinho wanted to show, especially to his players.
But Barcelona is no Manchester. :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,469 Posts
JKris said:
Two months to the game, much can happen as the transfer market is open and players get back and get injuried....
But Barca don't have a lot of spare cash at the moment.
 
1 - 20 of 171 Posts
Top