Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
is saviola ready for europe.
the big question.
young and talented aregntinians have been signed up by big clubs and then the talent gets wasted because they dont fit into the lineup.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I think that Saviola needs to spend more time in Argentina. Give, him another two seasons and he would have matured both as a player and as a person. For many reasons, a move to Europe is premature at this time.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Saviola is just so young to go to Europe now especially to some place like Barca.

What you need to do is let him spend another two years in Argentina and then join INTER :D:D:D

Anyway seriously speaking why would Barca want Saviola anyway? They need another real centre forward and Jr. Saviola is not the guy.

If they wanted Riquelme or Aimar or Gallardo to replace Figo then that would make sense.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
If Saviola went to inter all he would learn is to warm the benches and how to underachieve. :D:D:D It's best for him to stay at River and show that his success last year was not fluke.

D

·
0 Posts
Many people thought Zenden was too young for Barcelona too, and he turned out great, so great that he's been sold to another big club already :)

Anyway, Gaspart isn't going to make any rash decisions, there is a lot of hype of bringing Saviola to Barca with so much money in the kitty, but Gasparts first priority is to try and prise Overmars and Petit away from Arsenal.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
He would be making a mistake if he left at the tender age of 18. Like czar said, he still needs more maturing both as a player and as a person.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
argentinian news sais he has signed for inter for the season 2002-2003.....

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
the only argentinian the was interested in was j r riquelme,but they was out to late cause milan have already riquelme in their hands.
they might want aimar and saviola too,but as you all know saviola want join any team this year or the next one,his father is also very sick and he has other stuff to think about,then 2002 he will play in italy,i pretty sure of that
aimar has interest many teams but he is still in argentina,i believe its open wide with him,he could join any big club,he's still a youngster but god damn good,we'll see......

M

·
0 Posts
I agree on two things. Saviola is a great player and he's too young to go to Europe right now. I'd love to see him come back and bring us a couple more championships be fore he departs although I think if Barcelona offers the right amount of $ he would be sold. Argentine clubs never have any money, don't know why since they sell so many players for such high prices. If the offer is right, River will sell him.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
The problem with Barcelona is that they have a history of 'chasing out' their star players. If Saviola and Aimar were to go to Barcelona would they end up as such especially since Nunez's right hand man Gaspart now runs the show at Barca.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
It appears to be official. Barcelona seems to have made River Plate an offer of US$25 Million for the services of the very talented Javier Saviola. Check out the the following link: http://www.supergol.com/viewnews.cfm?id=5485

Personally, I think he should stay in Argentina for a couple of more years. I honestly believe that it is too early for him to move to a big European club. Barcelona, also seems to have dropped their interest in signing Pablo Aimar.

[Edited by czar on 28-07-2000 at 22:21]

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I am with you Czar Saviola should stay for another two seasons but for Aimar its OKIK.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I wonder why Barcelona is not interested in Aimar who is 20 but want to sign Saviola who is 18?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts