Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a difficult moment for You guys, but can You please give (or completely destory) some credibility to these talks from the Italian newssource Kataweb Sport.
-----------------------------------------

Nelle ultime ore si è fatta attiva anche la Juve. Approfittando del momento del Barcellona, Moggi e soci hanno avanzato richieste per Figo (vecchia fiamma dell'avvocato Gianni Agnelli).
-----------------------------------------

Even if You don't understand Italian I suppose it's obvious that Juventus general manager Moggi is alledgedly having talks with Barca over Figo.
The same article mentions that Milan has joined Lazio in the race for Rivaldo, and that Parma could have an opportunity to sign Guardiola if Van Gaal stays.
Prsonally I'm not able to get my hopes up, even if Juve had first option on Figo before he came to Barca.
I suppose alot depends on the way Nunez handles the Van Gaal situation, but what do You guys kow about this ?

Ciao.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sounds like the typical italian newspaper sh|t to me. :)
Why would it make sense to sell all our best players at one of our lowest moments?
Surely these are the guys we should keep.
Figo has always struck me as a modest player who doesn't believe his own press (which was fairly non-existent until this season actually. lol)
I think that he's been through enough with barca to want to win the big one with us some day.
The same goes for Pep, but was he in the Cup winning squad of Cruijff's? I'm not sure if i read that he played or that he was on the bench.
Anyway, he is barca forever i think, and italian teams have tried and failed to take him away before, remember?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I'm sorry to all you guys for interfering, I'm a Real fan myself, but since I'm not spanish I have nothing against Barca (except for the last 2 years). In fact I have always supported Barca in international games for about 10 years now.

Here's what I wanted to say: can't you all see that the basic problem with Barca is van Gaal? It should be obvious to eveybody by now. Didn't you see the white handkerchiefs waving in the Nou Camp stadium and the voices shouting Fuera! Fuera! (out out) to him?

As I said above, for the past years I cannot stand the sight of Barca, one of the most historic spanish clubs turned into a dutch one. I have nothing against foreign players in national championships, but it's one thing for a club to lose its national identity and a completely different story to be given another national identity from the one of the championship it plays into.

van Gaal FUERA!

J

·
0 Posts
Well I can see your piont Oly. But if a player doesn`t come along with the coach than you`ll see that on the field. I mean Rivaldo havn`t been as good as he can be since the trouble with L.v.G. began. Another example is Zidanes condition last year when he didn`t feel to good about living in Turin.
It is obvious that the big problem in Barca is L.v.G., but as Glen said it all depends how Nunez handles the situation. He sure is under pressure.

But if he decides to keep L.v.G., the players with "coach problems" will probobly not be to keen on staying. The content of that will be poorer peformances on the pitch. Than they`ll get less attractive on the transfer market which means a loss of money for Barca.

If the case is to sell thoose 3 players it would be a great loss for Barca. While a Juve fan as myself can`t possible be any happier if we were to buy Figo.

------------------

·
Registered
271 Posts
But neither Figo nor Pep have any "coach problems".
I don't really care if Rivaldo leaves tomorrow actually, as long as we get some good money for him.

J

·
0 Posts
You definatly know your team better than me, so you're probobly right. I just have to hope for the best.
But what I don't understand is how you can't care for Rivaldos future. I mean he was chosed to be worlds greatest player. For sure is on the other hand that if he was to be sold you will recieve a great deal of spending money.

------------------

·
Registered
271 Posts
The reason i don't care about him is that he no longer is the world's greatest player.
He looks tired and uninspired this season compared with the brilliance of the last 2 years.
After seeing the Valencia game i can now see the importance of pace in our forward players. Rivaldo, great as he once was and may again be, just lingers on the ball for too long when things aren't going our way.

·
Registered
526 Posts
The problem goes deeper than just Van Gaal. It goes all the way to the top, Nuñez. Until he is voted out of office the same problems will continue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts