Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the huge matches of this CL round. Perhaps the biggest, considering the position each club has in their dometic league table at the moment.

Talking points

-Robben will not be availible. This weakens Chelsea quite a bit, considering the world class play Robben was providing.

- Chelsea's strong defense with possession play, vs. Barca's possession attacking play.

Key for Chelsea is to score a goal or 2, and not losing by more than 1 goal if it comes to that.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
is drogba back for this match does anyone know? we should play joey in this one and our usual defense and midfield. strikers drogba and kezman.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
POLARIS AMDE A THREAD!?? GIVE THE MAN A PRIZE :)!

Drogba will be back, Mourinho is saving him.

I'm wondering whether Carvalhowill be back. I'd probs keep it as it is with Bridgey at left back, he can whip in nice balls for the Drogs against Barca's weak defence.

It'll be tough. I just hope we're still in the match when it comes back to Stamford Bridge.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Carvalho is back already, he played last week for a while already. it would be a really tough match, especially now without Robben :(

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Carvalho only came on at 90 minutes though. I assume he will play vs. Newcastle.

Word now is Drogba is not fit. Big talk in the Barca forum about it.

·
THE
14,427 Posts
Well, look at the line-up for the Newcastle. No Lamps, no JT, hopefully JM withdraws Maka too.

Hold the midfield, don't let them play too close to goal. Should work.

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
drogba will be fit for barca, accordin to Chelsea FC website..i expect him to start with gudjhonson thou..

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
drogba will be fit for barca, accordin to Chelsea FC website..i expect jose to start with gudjhonson thou..

·
Registered
168 Posts
Is Jason Terry under sunspension?

from Yahoo.com:

Jose Mourinho admits Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba is unlikely to be fit for next Wednesday's Champions League match at Barcelona where Terry will be suspended

·
Registered
156 Posts
chelsea will go through,no one looks like they are able to score against them,mourinho has put the team together perfectly,he has found the right combination and its working ,they dont let goals in and they are dangerous going forward and score goals up the other end.i cant see barca going thru.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Roni#10 said:
Is Jason Terry under sunspension?

from Yahoo.com:

Jose Mourinho admits Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba is unlikely to be fit for next Wednesday's Champions League match at Barcelona where Terry will be suspended
Jason? I saw that as well, its a mistake... he is suspended against Newcastle in the FA cup. Or at least I think so. :)

I think it'll be a draw this week.

·
Registered
744 Posts
The Grappler said:
chelsea will go through,no one looks like they are able to score against them,mourinho has put the team together perfectly,he has found the right combination and its working ,they dont let goals in and they are dangerous going forward and score goals up the other end.i cant see barca going thru.
No one looks like thay can score against Chelsea this season! There is only one team that can score against them and score a bunch of goals, and that is Barca

Barca is going through and winning the UCL this season

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Robben is out
Gallas is out
Bridge is out
Duff is out
Drogba is doubtful.
Huth, Forsell, Parker were already out for a long time.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Barcawinner said:
Robben is out
Gallas is out
Bridge is out
Duff is out
Drogba is doubtful.
Huth, Forsell, Parker were already out for a long time.
Are you sure about Duff and Drogba, has the news ben confirmed or this is just coming out of you.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
CosovaFC said:
Are you sure about Duff and Drogba, has the news ben confirmed or this is just coming out of you.
This has been confirmed yes, Drogba doubtful means they will decide on wednesday if he plays or not :lala:

·
THE
14,427 Posts
No, this has not been confirmed.

We can do without Gallas, Jonhson-Carv-Terry-Ferreira. Duff is essential tho.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Great news for us, even though whoever plays will do just fine.
But these injuries make the job a hell of a lot easier.

With or without the injured players Chelsea is going to lose in BOTH matches

1 - 20 of 238 Posts