Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm from Belgium and I would like to go to Barcelona to see the game Barcelona - Villa Real on 22-05-2005...
Can someone tell me what attendance I can espect?
50 000? 60 000? 70 000? More? Less?
I really don't know...????

Thanks allready!

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Talking about attendance, I think Barça needs 'louder' supporters, because the only thing the supporters do is "clap" after a goal :pp

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
Barcawinner said:
Talking about attendance, I think Barça needs 'louder' supporters, because the only thing the supporters do is "clap" after a goal :pp
I can't agree more :thumbsup:

sometimes I don't know whats wrong with the fans in Nou Camp, they don't sing as the fans in England, and thats the most great thing with the EPL when you see fans singing and shouting all the time, and supporting the team 90+ minutes.

the team is doing great, giving the best football act in the hole world and leading LA LIGA with 8 points! :sweeteye: :googly: :wallbang:

with such thing, you'll see fans else where dancing naked on the pitch :happy: :happy: :D

I'd like to see the fans singing Barca anthem in the time of the game, or sing anyother song for the team

Visca el Barca :strong:

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
The place where I am from, Utrecht, we have a club called FC Utrecht, and they have the best supporters in the country. Always behind the team and really pushing the team. Its like we have a 12th man.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Utrecht has awesome fans. They're so damn loud. I wish Barca fans will learn, but I think the problem is that the majority of those who go to games are older people, who would rather sit comfortably and watch Barca as if it was a ballet. There needs to be an infusion of younger, louder fans to liven up the environment at the Camp Nou.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
The problem is that there is few young people in the stadium. Too many bourgeois that go to the Camp Nou as it were the opera. It's different in big matches. For example, the crowd was a hell in the match against Chelsea and there were more than 96000 people.

Anyway, in Europe, only Borussia Dortmund is over us in attendance.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
Koeman4, Attindance isn't a problem these days, as we all seen in the big games, and some of the other games, its just so damn hard to understand the quiet Nou Camp get when we are leading, and going for our 1st title in the past 5 years!!
its understandbel if the team wasing even giving a good football act or something.

about Broussia Dortmund attindence, with thier last bad form, I don't this will last for too long :D

wish to see luoder supporters and its Football match not opera :(
there should be anthem singed and fans yelling and screaming to push the team to go forward.

Visca el Barca :strong:

·
Registered
747 Posts
well..i am from croatia.....and suppoters here.....ARE CRAZY....well not only croatia...but other balkan countries...serbia...bosna & hercegovina.....turkey, greece.....ITS ALL A MENTALITY ISSUE...and the supportes are the resaon why clubs from these countires lose very seldom home games

·
Registered
967 Posts
:thmbdown: to you
:thumbsup: to our supporters

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
To be fair, the Barca fans have been making a bit more noise, I've heard the "Barca!" chants going up during difficult home games, and only once has it not made a difference. That being the Atletico game, but the fact is there is an improvement.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Sometimes when i think of why the fans in barca are really quite, the first thing that i think of is old people. Like what koeman mentioned earlier. I think the fans got to a point were they think that anything can happen although they are 6 points ahead of Real Madrid, i think they are not celebrating now because they believe and so do i that anything in football can happen. Old people have seen stuff like that happen to barca before, so maybe they will celebrate when barca have secured the league, but that's not the issue here.

It makes me feel sometimes that even if you shout in the Nou Camp you can hear yourself, even when it is crowded. I can't believe that a stadium this big can't make alot of noise!!

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
naaah... Cules are always too calm... maybe it's too much "seny", right K4? :pp ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Barcelona fans aren't like English fans... the whole concept of going to games to provide ambiance and the type of support you see at English grounds is not something that the fans do. Perhaps some of them, like the Boixios Nois and other "penyas" but the majority of fans go to the games with the mentality that they are to be "entertained." They have said that going to Camp Nou to watch FC Barcelona is like going to a movie to be entertained... and in a movie, you don't cheer the heroes on... football in Spain is viewed as a spectacle to beholden and not a mission to roar on your team. The joke in the Camp Nou was that the loudest sounds you would hear were the women at half-time opening up their tin foiled wrapped sandwiches.

But the effect of this phenomenom is that when Barcelona score a goal, the entire stadium erupts into this roar that rises to all four tiers.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
blaugrana77 said:
Barcelona fans aren't like English fans... the whole concept of going to games to provide ambiance and the type of support you see at English grounds is not something that the fans do. Perhaps some of them, like the Boixios Nois and other "penyas" but the majority of fans go to the games with the mentality that they are to be "entertained." They have said that going to Camp Nou to watch FC Barcelona is like going to a movie to be entertained... and in a movie, you don't cheer the heroes on... football in Spain is viewed as a spectacle to beholden and not a mission to roar on your team. The joke in the Camp Nou was that the loudest sounds you would hear were the women at half-time opening up their tin foiled wrapped sandwiches.

But the effect of this phenomenom is that when Barcelona score a goal, the entire stadium erupts into this roar that rises to all four tiers.
Reminds me of when my sister and brother-in-law went to see Barça-Malaga a couple of years ago (the game where Mendieta committed a penalty, and then also scored one for Barça to win 2-1), and they sat next to (and somehow communicated with ) this "cute" oooold couple who came with their own Barça cushions to sit on, and opened up a couple of those "famous" sandwiches at half-time... :howler:

AND I HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN TO A GAME MYSELF YET!!! MY SISTER DOESN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT BARÇA!!! :googly:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
blaugrana77 said:

I don't think that there is any difference between English or Catalan fans. I think that the feeling is the same everywhere. In fact, every Spanish stadium behaves similarly. If a stadium is noisier, it's because their ultra groups are bigger, for example, Frente Atlético or Biris Norte. Personally, I don't mind that much, it's just another way to behave in a stadium, that's all.

The only truth is that Barça has an average attendance higher than any English club and we have more "socios" or ticket holders than any English club.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts