Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ridiculous contortions specific to create an unbelieveable atmosphere. This is what I wrote yesterday in the Chelsea thread. See for yourself.

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE AFTER PPL DO, THEY'LL STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE CRAP THAT SUPPOSEDLY CAME OUT OF OUR PLAYERS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Marc said:
So one media outlet doesn't show it, yet a vast conspiracy of the tabloids, sports websites, sky sports, ITV later etc. are all in it together to try and fire up the teams. Does ESPN report everything in Spain though, like the racism? I know the spainish press barely mentions it. I'm sorry but that doesn't sound very likely. It was Eto'o, Puyol and Ronnie... and they may have said all this to the English press on the way over so might be why it isn't covered elsewhere.
Yes the spanish press barely mentions it (why would they?), but I'm not talking about fanzines like El Mundo, Sport and Marca. As far as ESPN goes , Espn Asia did at an hour special about Racism in sport....and guess what, they spent 25 mins on the England-Spain game. They are the "worldwide leader in sports" :happy: . How can you not see that these comments are too ridiculously convenient and how the event is being played out in the British press? Suddenly the Spanish boys are the villians (cue Puyol, Ronaldinho and Eto'o lauging maniacally) and the Chelsea players are glowing angels who are going to fight Barca's tyranny and overcome their big mouthed adversaries and move forth to the next stage (Cue Ol' Joey's comments about "let our football do the talking on the pitch") .. :rollani: If these reports are so prominent then why hasn't BBC Sport carried the articles? Tell me this, if a retraction is printed by the newspapers that carry these stories on the last page, in size 8 font after the obituaries Thursday morning, who's going to remeber/care?

Click here to see for yourself

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4324581.stm

Notice the news papers that have printed these stories........and notice how they are under "Gossip"..... :sweeteye:

With the exception of the Independent (discusses Robben's fitness), the newspapers that reported Barcelona players saying these things have this as their cover story for today

The Sun follow up their CL coverage with "Lets try again Jen, Brad and Jen get marriage counselling"

Daily Record - Today's cover story "Dundee boss bans laughter at Dens Park "

Daily Mirror - "Wedding of the Year...congrats Mr and Mrs Barlow"

The independent discusses if Robben might play or not.........and if Bush was right to go to War....wow....look what decent news agencies print... :rolleyes:

The rest of your post carries good, interesting points which I'll have to respond to a little later. Pre-Med examinations have priority right now.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Whatever you discuss here, please don't let it degenerate into discussions on the racism issue. Its been exhausted and will only cause problems.

Good luck on your exams.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Barca Rule said:
Whatever you discuss here, please don't let it degenerate into discussions on the racism issue. Its been exhausted and will only cause problems.
Understand and agree. The racism comments were only meant to show that certain news/sports broadcasting agencies do tend to show both sides of the coin.

The point of this thread spawns from the fact that so many people quote those bullshi*t articles and think that Barcelona are nothing but a bunch of bloated idiots. :frustrat:

Barca Rule said:
Good luck on your exams.
Thanks mate. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts