Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe not this year but maybe in a couple of years time i mean they do not really need Henry or Lampard they want them because they are superstars. they should be for defenders really not these guys but you can have Lampard. :tongue:

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
I dont think there is any danger of of it happening.

Barca have a very reliable defence and they dont have the theory that they can score more goals than they conceed in a game.

They are more than that, they are a footballing empire with a very intelligent manager, backed up by a intelligent president and back room staff.

I am also assuming this thread is in a result of rumours starting again that Henry will be Barca bound soon.

Lets say they do, that only means that have purchased 2 names of World Class calible in 4 seasons, Henry and Dinho. The rest have been of mediocre value and home grown talent.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Let us not proclaim Barca as a footballing empire yet.... RMCF at the end of the 01\02 season looked similarily mighty, actually perhaps even more so despite failing to win the league that season.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Borruma II said:
Let us not proclaim Barca as a footballing empire yet.... RMCF at the end of the 01\02 season looked similarily mighty, actually perhaps even more so despite failing to win the league that season.
What you mean not yet? They have been a footballing empire for a very long time now ;)

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
maradona10 said:
I dont think there is any danger of of it happening.

Barca have a very reliable defence and they dont have the theory that they can score more goals than they conceed in a game.

They are more than that, they are a footballing empire with a very intelligent manager, backed up by a intelligent president and back room staff.

I am also assuming this thread is in a result of rumours starting again that Henry will be Barca bound soon.

Lets say they do, that only means that have purchased 2 names of World Class calible in 4 seasons, Henry and Dinho. The rest have been of mediocre value and home grown talent.
Yes Deco, Eto'o, Larsson, Giuly, Edmilson, Márquez are pretty mediocre, I think they should be in relegation Dutch league teams to be honest. They are nobodies.

Dude, does 'ignorance' mean anything to you? :)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
As long as the players don't let their Ego's get to their heads,But I doubt it given Barca aren't anything like Real. :)

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
"Barca, will they turn into Madrid?"

Dude.....why would you say that?

That's just mean. :frownani: I cannot express fully how hurt I am at such a suggestion. Hell, I feel like I need to take another shower just having read that suggestion. :D:D

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Barçawinner said:
Yes Deco, Eto'o, Larsson, Giuly, Edmilson, Márquez are pretty mediocre, I think they should be in relegation Dutch league teams to be honest. They are nobodies.

Bwhahahahahaha :dielaugh:

To be honest, Lampard would be a waste of money and personally I think he would be half the player he is with a move to La Liga. His style really suits the EPL. Henry would be a great addition. Just imagine a force Eto'o and him would be.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I agree, they don't need Lampard although they do need a midfielder since Rijkard doesn't play Iniesta or Van Bommel.

But getting Henry would be fantastic. Imagine this:

Messi - Xavi - Deco - Ronaldinho

Henry - Eto'o

A bit too attacking, as there isn't a proper defencive midfielder in there, but what a team!

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
I agree, they don't need Lampard although they do need a midfielder since Rijkard doesn't play Iniesta or Van Bommel.

But getting Henry would be fantastic. Imagine this:

Messi - Xavi - Deco - Ronaldinho

Henry - Eto'o

A bit too attacking, as there isn't a proper defencive midfielder in there, but what a team!
That would be a devastating force. You wouldn't even need your back four to come up and attack, you could even have Xavi stay back as a DM/CM. Messi and Ronaldinho would destroy whoever is out on the flanks and Deco would dominate the middle. I don't even have to mention Henry or Eto'o. The only way a team could play against them would be in a zone defense with a non-offensive line-up.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nah,I believe in Txiki & the current sporting model.During the pre-season we tied up Ronaldinho,Messi,Eto'o,Xavi,Deco's contract to another 5 years.I think there are the spine of the team.So after 5 years,Ronadinho will be among the veterans in the team.Youth players from the B team will be brought into the first team guided by the "veterans".They will grow up perfectly,playing the traditional barca's attacking football :D Sounds kinda like "Zidanes and Pavones" policy of Perez? Not exactly. The galacticos were brought in when they were in the late 20's.The kids were rushed into first team football & they did not have enough time playing with the galacticos.To make matters worse,players like Samuel were brought in place of the "Pavones" of the team,so there is zero development in them.

As for bringing Henry & (possibly) Lampard,it will create more healthy competition to the team.They will simply make Barca a better team.

·
Registered
174 Posts
As i said,Ronaldinho,Eto'o,Deco & others are the spine of the team.They were brought to Barca in their early 20's (with arguably Deco as an exception) If they continue with their type of football for more years to come,they will improve their bond & understanding on the field.

As for Henry & Lampard,they are excellent additions to the team & thus create more competition in the squad.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Deco-20 said:
Nah,I believe in Txiki & the current sporting model.During the pre-season we tied up Ronaldinho,Messi,Eto'o,Xavi,Deco's contract to another 5 years.I think there are the spine of the team.So after 5 years,Ronadinho will be among the veterans in the team.Youth players from the B team will be brought into the first team guided by the "veterans".They will grow up perfectly,playing the traditional barca's attacking football :D Sounds kinda like "Zidanes and Pavones" policy of Perez? Not exactly. The galacticos were brought in when they were in the late 20's.The kids were rushed into first team football & they did not have enough time playing with the galacticos.To make matters worse,players like Samuel were brought in place of the "Pavones" of the team,so there is zero development in them.

As for bringing Henry & (possibly) Lampard,it will create more healthy competition to the team.They will simply make Barca a better team.

It is the same policy, its just madrid's youth were not ready, but the vision is identical....if u look at what ur club is doing, they are taking alot of ideas that Florentino first used.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
If we sign Henry, that will have been the first signing in 2 years. Not very galactico-like.

I think we've been pretty conservative recently. The Henry experiment is a little scary, but i don't think our finances would ever let us get out of control.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Barçawinner said:

Allo!

I expected someone to reply but not a Barca fan. Let me explain why you cant compare Real/Barca transfer policies.

Flo Perez purchased Figo, Zidane, Beckham, Zidane, Cassano and Ronaldo, these are the ones named the "galacticos', that name makes me bloody cringe! What do all these players have in common, they are primarily offensive players.

Barca have brought in and not paid big money for as well may I add, Larsson, Eto'o, Giuly, Deco, Dinho, Silvinho, Van Bommell and Belletti.

Theres 4 players been brought in and even if you add Henry to make it 5, there is simply no comparison to the ridiculous transfer fee's paid by Madrid. Rijkaard has the sense to build a complete football team without loosing the flair of his squad.

My point was to simply point out that both teams have completely different transfer methods. I wasn't saying Barca didn't have big names, its evident they do but they also have better footballers.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
We have never had the Galactico model simply because our signings were all about football first and merchandise second. Plus, we rarely signed mega stars in their prime, and we also don't cut out the middle of the squad and replace them all with mediocre youth players. We, as we always have, adopt a slower more natural progression of youth players.

So in effect, there are practically no similarities between our policies and Madrid's up to this point.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts