Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Looks odd with the last remaining small stand.

They're going to have trouble building that with the railway so tightly behind it.

Still, at least 2 of the corners are sorted out now...

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Its the best match possible to open up our newly-improved stadium.

Ruud vs Eto'o
Ronaldinho vs Rooney
C.Ronaldo vs Messi

Mouthwatering! :lick:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Posted this in the thread in the Barca forum, I suppose I should post it here too:

I'd be both surprised and a little dissapointed if Celtic weren't to get the invite for that match tbh. Celtic always get invited to play Man Utd testimonials etc as we always bring a good support and can be guaranteed to provide an atmosphere and behave well.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Ronaldinho invited to take his bow at Old Trafford
By Oliver Kay

RONALDINHO might finally be on his way to Old Trafford after Manchester United invited Barcelona to provide the opposition for a glamorous pre-season friendly to commemorate the stadium’s expansion.

United hope to admit the first spectators to two new quadrants on the North Stand this month, with a view to increasing the capacity to 76,000 by the start of next season, but they are eager to stage a high-profile friendly to mark the official opening in August. They have approached Barcelona about bringing Ronaldinho, who turned down a move to Manchester United in 2003, and his team-mates to Old Trafford.

Barcelona are understood to have accepted the offer in principle, but United must achieve a top-two finish in the Barclays Premiership, thus ruling out the need for a Champions League qualifying tie in August, if they are to secure the arrangement.

Mikaël Silvestre’s apparent upturn in fortune, with a probable return to the France team to take on Slovakia tonight after a 16-month absence, does not seem likely to extend to the offer of a new contract.

Silvestre’s contract expires in June 2007, and after the club gave the 28-year-old permission to talk to Lyons during the January transfer window, Ferguson may consider offering him to the French club as a makeweight in a deal for Mahamadou Diarra, the midfield player.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
vedz said:
Ruud vs Eto'o
Ronaldinho vs Rooney
C.Ronaldo vs Messi
3-0 Barca then if them match ups are anything to go by ? :shades:

as it happens i think it's quite wrong for Ronaldo to even be in a match up with Messi. :finger:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:

as it happens i think it's quite wrong for Ronaldo to even be in a match up with Messi. :finger:
If thats the case then no arsenal players can be even matched barcelona reserve players lets alone the likes of ronaldinho,messi and etoo

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
man utd forever said:
If thats the case then no arsenal players can be even matched barcelona reserve players lets alone the likes of ronaldinho,messi and etoo
they are after one of our players to improve their attack. :shades:

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Messi's talent is scary. He toyed not only with the entire Chelski team but with the "Special One" as well. His right leg probably has more talent than Chelski's entire team combined. It would be special to see him and Gaucho at Old Trafford.:)

·
Registered
718 Posts
mincecfc said:
Posted this in the thread in the Barca forum, I suppose I should post it here too:

I'd be both surprised and a little dissapointed if Celtic weren't to get the invite for that match tbh. Celtic always get invited to play Man Utd testimonials etc as we always bring a good support and can be guaranteed to provide an atmosphere and behave well.
I couldn't imagine it, now Keane is there :(

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jern Lizardhous said:

Well, they are atm the best team in the world, compare us to another trident and we'd win.

Eto'o/Dinho/Messi and Ruud/Roon/Ronaldo are the two best tridents in world football. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ronaldinho invited to take his bow at Old Trafford
By Oliver Kay

RONALDINHO might finally be on his way to Old Trafford after Manchester United invited Barcelona to provide the opposition for a glamorous pre-season friendly to commemorate the stadium’s expansion.
United hope to admit the first spectators to two new quadrants on the North Stand this month, with a view to increasing the capacity to 76,000 by the start of next season, but they are eager to stage a high-profile friendly to mark the official opening in August. They have approached Barcelona about bringing Ronaldinho, who turned down a move to Manchester United in 2003, and his team-mates to Old Trafford.

Barcelona are understood to have accepted the offer in principle, but United must achieve a top-two finish in the Barclays Premiership, thus ruling out the need for a Champions League qualifying tie in August, if they are to secure the arrangement.

Mikaël Silvestre’s apparent upturn in fortune, with a probable return to the France team to take on Slovakia tonight after a 16-month absence, does not seem likely to extend to the offer of a new contract.

Silvestre’s contract expires in June 2007, and after the club gave the 28-year-old permission to talk to Lyons during the January transfer window, Ferguson may consider offering him to the French club as a makeweight in a deal for Mahamadou Diarra, the midfield player.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-2063972,00.html

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Barca have already planned a 3 match US tour so its not happening, Real Madrid will be new opponents....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts