Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And the reason after this idea is that Saviola is having a high salary, so he is not wanted by the Catalan club any more.
Well its a good news anyway, let them stuck with their Dutch squade :groan: I hope the same goes with Riquelme.

The Spanish media said Inter and Juve are chasing him.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Good, I hope they do release him. He'd be better off elsewhere at a club that ISN'T in a mess

My sig says it all!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Oh yeah, I hope he quits Barca. It would be interesting to see whether he can perform well in Italy aswell. Many players who have been good in La Liga are poor in Serie A, it's also the other way around...Vieri, Albertini and Zidane are exceptions.
As a big Roma fan I would die to see him playing alongside Totti and Cassano :rolleyes: but this seems to be pretty unrealistic.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Barca won't sell him. We only have 3 forwards in our first team squad, we need more, not less. Of course, if Saviola would stop messing about and get that EU passport sorted, his position would be set in stone. Especially since next season Spanish teams will only be allowed 2 non EU players on the pitch at any one time. It's a stupid ass rule, but that's the way it is.

But why let common sense get in the way of blind nationalism?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Saviola won't leave. He's one of the most popular players in the squad. He's adored by many fans. His problem is that he can't play as singel attacker (according to Rijkaard). He has been peforming very well the whole season. He was our best player in january and still he got benched when Kluivert returned. Unbeliable!:mad: This is of course not Javier's fault that the coach doesn't have enough faith in his ability. I agree on that Saviola isn't the perfect player to use as single attacker. He is at his best when he's partned up with someone up front like Angel in River and Kluivert last season.

lucifuga said:
Barca don't deserve him:yuck:
Why not?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Originally posted by Robban Why not?

He's too good to waste his talent with Barca.

Barca should have kept Riquelme, Christanval, Bonano and Sorín instead of buying Rüstü and Ronaldinho. Romi just needed some time to become accustomed to the squad and Sorín was just awesome. Christanval is also doing well with l'OM. Mendieta wasn't bad aswell, he scored many important goals last season.

Barca would have been much better this season with this squad:

-------------Bonano
Reiziger--Puyol--Christanval--Sorín
-------Xavi---------Cocu
Overmars--Riquelme--Saviola
----------Kluivert

And Antic was a much better coach than Rijkaard. :rollani:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
lucifuga said:
He's too good to waste his talent with Barca.

Barca should have kept Riquelme, Christanval, Bonano and Sorín instead of buying Rüstü and Ronaldinho. Romi just needed some time to become accustomed to the squad and Sorín was just awesome. Christanval is also doing well with l'OM. Mendieta wasn't bad aswell, he scored many important goals last season.

Barca would have been much better this season with this squad:

-------------Bonano
-------Xavi---------Cocu
----------Kluivert

And Antic was a much better coach than Rijkaard. :rollani:
Keep Christanval? He was just horrible and I want to remind you that it's a big diffence between the french league and the spanish one. The spanish league is very fast and Christanval just couldn't keep up with the tempo. Sorín played very well and I would have like to keep him. It doesn't really matter that Mendieta did a few good matches. For his price-tag you could get a much better player. Which important goals are you talking about?

I just though that you were on drugs when you said that we shouldn't have bought Ronaldinho. He's the only worldclass player in the squad. You can't find any player in any other team who's so important for the team as he is for us. Pure class!:star:

Playing Kluivert and Overmars? I won't even comment that...:rolleyes: But I agree with you that Antic is better than Rijkaard. Frank is bloody useless!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Important goals? E.g. the penalty kick vs. Valencia at the end of the season, it gave Barca the chance to claim an UEFA Cup spot.

Overmars is okay, Quaresma ain't consistent enough.

I wasn't on drugs when I said Riquelme is better than Ronaldinho. The thing I meant was that it was stupid to exchange the most important players, you can't create a successful team this way because new players need time to become accustomed to the rest of the squad. ;)

Kluivert needs time. Btw he's the only good centerforward besides el conejo Barca have. :rolleyes:

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Is it not worth pointing out that Riquelme couldn't adapt during a whole season, slouched about, messed about with training, and had the annoying habit of holding onto the ball until all momentum of the attack was gone.....

While Ronaldinho walked straight into the team with people thinkign of him as a showman who doesn't actually do anything, then promptly starts creating and scoring from the word go? I like Riquelme (I have his name on last season's shirt) but Ronaldinho is miles better. He adapted his game to the Spanish league and utilised his talents. Riquelme did not.

Saviola isn't "wasting" his talent. His talent would have been wasted if he'd stayed in Argentina. He is already a better player since then. Given that he's scored 50 goals in 2 and a half seasons, it seems clear that he is both being given plenty of games and is performing well.

"-------------Bonano
-------Xavi---------Cocu
----------Kluivert"

Yout think this team is somehow miles better than the current team? I would have kept Sorin, he's an excellent left back. Christinval is awful, nowhere near Marquez or even Olegeur. As stated, Ronaldinho is NOT going to be swapped for Riquelme. Ever. Rustu and Valdes are both better than Bonano, it amazes me to think he could actually have ever been in an Argentina squad. And wouldn't playing a small right footed forward on the left wing be a "waste" of talent?

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Soooooooo.....why put Saviola there? What Sorin would be doing is irrelevant, because Saviola can't play on the left wing. I think it would be a huge waste to play such a talented forward way out there where he can't do anything, when it would be un-necessary.

Seductive - I did, I had a look a minute ago. We're 5th, on 34 points. Villareal are on 33 points in 7th position. Not trying to be offensive, but are you making a point here?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
we would love to have saviola if we sell vieri...

adriano + saviola = :star:

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I will not comment on what you guys have said, but I will say something about Barca in general.

Barcelona is a mess. It has been a mess for a few years now and unfortunately, one of our best players is playing for Barca which is not good for him cuz this isnt the barca we all know and love. This seems to be a long transitional period for them. They need drastic changes and time to regroup, but it seems like all they do is keep making the same mistakes again and again.

Until they hit rockbottom and decide to make all out changes and stop their obsession with the dutch, they will not be the same old Barcelona that we love.

Very sad to see talented players wasting their careers there right now. Hope Saviola thinks hard about his future and his aspirations because Barca doesnt seem like the team that will make his dreams come true.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The latest about this matter came today, I read that the first thing Barca will be thinking of in the summer is to find a good bid for Saviola from European team's and they are going o replace him with either Kezman, Vieri or Torres.

According to the report, Rijkaard dont believe in Saviola to develop in future, so he always decides to keep him on the bench and now he wants to sell him:groan:

And the whole world never felt Rijkaard as a coach at once.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts