Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Barca Fans:

I have been watching the Spanish league for about 15 years now and find it amazing. I am a Man Utd supporter but I also love the Spanish game and my favoured team is Barca.

But I must say that Barca are one of the biggest underachievers in Europe. For a club with such a beautiful football history you should have won the European Cup and Champions League many more times. I can only remember Barca winning it once in the whole history when Koeman scored at Wembley against Sampdoria. I know Man Utd have only won it 2 times but we have recently been challanging most years and Barca have not. Plus you have had the best players in the world for 20 years, United have only been good for the last 7 years, Robson, Cantona, Beckham, Keane, Nistelrooy, Schmichael, etc..

If you look at the players Barca have had over the years you will understand my point. Cruyff, MAradona, Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Hagi, etc..... These are some of the greatest players of all time. So it is a surprise and a shame to me that you have not won more in Europe. What makes it worse is that Madrid have won it 8-9 times.

Please let me know why this is the case and how it can change for the future?

Your Friend

Di'Raggio

PS: What 3 players should Barca buy this summer??

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
i know that barça has had the best players but this players didn't always play the champions league, ronaldo played the cup winers cup, and i think lineker and maradona din't played also. the lasts years barça has been in results crisis. and with the dream team age after the 92, we get out for the 1993 cl in first round and about the 1994 the final in atenas.
maybe barça has bad luck or maybe the social mass that is behind this team give them a lot of pressure.
having good players only good results can changes the future
and the inmediatly is winnig the two games for cl this summer
about the 3 new players now is a mistery

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
The whole "being more than a club" is a thing to be proud of but it surely doesn't make players' lives easier. The pressure enormous. There are so many supporters and each one has the best sollution to club's problems. There's almost never an agreement. Besides, with all the respect to our fans, I've been watching a lot of English and Spanish football and haven't seen white hankerchiefs waving in UK or supporters whistling at their own players. This is wrong! This pressure from supporters. I've seen many times people crying in English stadiums because of relegation but they were still with the club. While when only Barca has a crisis the supporters instead of helping the team, they just keep whistling and waving. I remember a few years ago Barca had a crisis (as always in November). We lost some games in a row. Then we won 2-1 with Gijon or Extremadura (last position anyway) but the fans were whistling all the time even right after a goal. This is not helping. We must be with the team in any situation. It is easy to be Real, Manchester or Bayern supporter nowadays cause these clubs have been very successful lately. Being a Cule is much more difficult because you actually never how they're gonna play this time( for example 7-0 with Bilbao and a big lose few rounds later). But this is real supporting. Well that's my opinion: we lack solidarity.

Another thing is our policy but that's a diffrent story and this post is long enough...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ahem...

While its true barca should have won the Champs league/euro cup many more times, we lost one final on penalties, and in total have been in 4 finals yet man Utd ahve only been in two finals, and i know they won them both and one in Barcelona but the annoying thing is that people say things like they're the greatest club in the world. Man Utd have never dominated europe. Ferguson is not as amazing as people think=
People compare his 90's team to the liverpool sides of the 70's to 80's yet they won the euro cup four times(in 5 finals they lost 1-heysel-i wonder y) in this period.Man utd did this once and got to one final and won.That is not a team which will go down in history as a great side .People compare fergie to some liverpool managers who won the euro cup more times than he did-crazy.
Barca-4Cup winners' cups(most ever)
1 euro cup
3 uefa cups
More spanish cups than any other team

Man utd-2 euro cups
1 cup winners cup

Barca have an identity as well(no shirt sponser) whereas Man Utd seem now to be money utd-how many kits have they had over the last ten years? Waht are all these visits to the far east for ? hmmm to get money from the Japanese-an untapped market. Reminds me of capatilist america with its starbucks and Mc donalds. Despite the money Money utd make only last season did they actually try to buy some amzaing players and started splashing the cash.

i recomend http://www.ihatemanunited.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts