Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another one from Worldsoccernews.com just came in

FC Barcelona want to follow up the purchase of Juan Riquelme with a coup for Fabio Cannavaro.

The Italian centre back is in the Catalan capital today and is expected to meet Barca president Joan Gaspart.

Barca are to confirm the signing of Boca Juniors play maker Riquelme soon and have now turned their attention to trying to wrest the Italian international defender from Parma AC.

Cannavaro has been the subject of intense interest from Inter, Juventus and Milan in recent weeks but Barca are now rivalling the Milan clubs to sign the Naples-born star.

The signing of Riquelme is expected to be confirmed on Monday. The deal was two years in the making for Barca with the Catalan giants spending £13 million to sign the 25 year old.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
its from worldsoccernews so its probably wont happen

but you never know

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
i still have my doubts about the whole riquelme thingy let alone cannavaro - but it would be a bloody dream if we got both of em !

cheers

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Rumours is the suitable place for this news ;)

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Hi again everyone.
Indeed, Cannavaro is at the Camp Nou at this very moment (21:00 CET) negotiating a transfer to Barça perhaps in a deal involving Rochembach + cash. This news is on the Catalan TV3.
It was Cannavaro who lifted the Gamper trophy last year after captaining Parma and scoring one of the goals, talking of which, will be played against San Lorenzo de Almagro.
Cheers

·
Premier Player
1,269 Posts
Wow Roger please keep us updated on the Cannavaro situation!

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Cannavaro in Barcelona - exciting. :)
Canna in our central defense, that really would be something.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Personally I can't see Canna in Barca.
The amount of money we want for him is so large that only some Italian clubs are interested. And hardly that.
As Barca don't seem to have much money to splash out I hardly think he'll go there.
A bit sad because I'd rather see him in Barca then Juve.
Canna also wants to win the scudetto. Not very likely in Barca for obvious reasons.

·
Premier Player
1,269 Posts
So he´s not coming:depress: :depress: :depress:
To bad with him and Riquelme would have a great team I think is it really no chance of him coming???:(

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
i doubt it.... canna is def. in the 20million plus category... and barca has been very unwilling to spend that kinda money....

tjo anderson-cannavaro central defensive pairing would be a dream come true.... with a decent left back we could have the best defense in la liga and with the rivo-saviola-riquelme combo - i fail to see how we could lose !

cheers

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
It seems that Cannavaro was followed by journalists to CN and has now got on a plane to Lanzarote. Everyone at the club denies it, but these people are such born liars that when they say something is black it often turns out to be white so you never know.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Cannavaro himself said that he was in Barca only for vacation and absolutelly nothing else. You judge.

If you would want him I think you would have to fork out something like $25 m+ Rochemback.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
The transfermarket has collapsed it seems....
Clubs can't afford to spend so much money on players. Not even Real Madrid.....
So I guess Parma is asking way too much....

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
As you say clubs cannot afford to pay these kinds of amounts. Most clubs still havn't come over the economic backclash of last summers crazy mercato.

The only club is seriously interested in paying such money for Canna is Juve. So it's either them or he's staying in Parma.
The milano clubs could maybe also snatch him, but I don't think any foreign club is interested in paying such an amount on a player that can't give much back in revenue and PR.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts