Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This article comes from www.soccernet.com a site that I believe to be very factual.

By John Greechan

Arsene Wenger's loyalty to Arsenal will be tested by an offer to replace Louis van Gaal
at Barcelona. The Catalans will dismiss their head coach tonight, and Wenger - who this week pledged to stay at Highbury until 2002 - is high on the list of potential replacements. Several candidates have been approached but the process will be slowed by a battle for the club presidency following Josep Luis Nunez's decision to stand down.
Sir Alex Ferguson would be seen as a prize catch, while Johan Cruyff would love the
chance to recreate his DreamTeam.

Can anyone back me up with information from any other source. I believe that any of these coaches would be a great acquisition, although i think i read somewhere that cruyff may not be interested in coaching at the moment. Let's hope he would!!

D

·
0 Posts
Cruyff may to do it, but many times he's been considered to coach a team and he refused it. Should the Barca coaching job be open then it's now or never for Cruyff, he may nver get a chance to coach Barcelona again, and probably will never coach Holland or Ajax either.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Please no Alex Ferguson...
We already had VG with his 3-year long-term project....
AF will have a 16-year long-term project, which includes getting Beckham to Barça....

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Wenger is always loyal to a contract, he will never break it.
If you can wait two years....

I would go for Cruyff. He knows the house, his qualtities don't need to be mentioned.

Ferginson would be another cold analysing coach. He's to arrogant anyway to stay longer than a half year at Barca.

I have the feeling the supporters want the real Barca spirit even more than some kind of major throphy. So no cold persons.

ADRIAAN
_______

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,658 Posts
I agree with Adriaan. What people at Can Barça want more than anything is spirit and attacking football. One more thing Adriaan, sorry about Atleti, goodbye to those brilliant matches between our clubs. Hope you're back soon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts