Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking through the spain team for this u-17 competition i found the following players that play for barca

Jesus Olmo Lozano (defender)
Aitor Martinez Medina (midfielder)
Antonio Corbella Yebra (forward)

spain r playin on wednesday against yugoslavia so we can find out more about these players. hopefully they will continue improving.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Nice. This tournament is going on, very close to me here in Denmark, and actually Denmark's doing really great :cool:. I haven't seen any of those guys in action though, as they're only showing our games :(.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, it was denmark 4-4 holland, must of been a great match. in england they show the england matches but as spain r one of the favourites im sure they will show then because they have already progressed.

denmark have england i think next so ill watch that. you have some promising talent from a thread in the youth talents forum

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Yeah, I wrote about those talents in that other thread :). We won 6-0 against Finland today, with Morten 'Duncan' Rasmussen scoring 5 goals :eekani:! And that other game was great aswell :). You might want to check out some of the guys I mentioned in that other thread, one of them has also been to training in Barça; Rune Lind :).

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow 6-0! sounds like quite a player. u think Lind will stay at barca? Denmark have 10 goals in two games! cant wait 2 see them an maybe theres a barca star 4 the future

what position is he?

how u rate him

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
He's playing for Esbjerg right now, and is on a contract there. However, he's been training with Udinese, Ajax and as before mentioned, Barcelona :). I rate him very high, he's a midfielder, his fav position is in centralmidfield, behind the attackers, however he sometimes throw too many balls away to play in that position. He actually hasn't been a starter for Denmark, but I'm confident he'll be big. Right now the central midfield is made up of Niki Zimling from Brøndby and some other guy.

It's a really great tournament to watch IMO, as a lot of goals are scored, and many of the players can do masses of cool tricks already. F.ex you should also check out Lorentzen and the leftwinger, Absalonsen, he's massive!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Nice to hear that Denmark are producing new "Laudrup`s" again!:)

·
Registered
526 Posts
The U17 team is already through to the next round, regardless of the Yugo match.

Youth players never really break onto the proffesional scene. They might make it but not as one would expect. Probably only about 5% of the youth NT's (U17,19,21) make it to stardum or even onto the senior NT. The only country that I see that bucks this trend is the USA. Most of their youth players tend to get into the senior team. Kind of off topic but I thought it interesting.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Well Juanele, think about that Portugal youth team with Figo, Rui Costa, etc that won the outh European Championship :). I don't think it's true that only 5 percent get further, and I truly believe that at least 7 of these guys will be big :star:'s :).

Yep Robban, let's hope we can get some of them here, hopefully the more loyal ones ;).

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
spain vs denmark in the quarter final.

may the best team win

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Yeah :).

I think I'll go see it, even though it's played at the crappiest stadium, with no view what so ever. More of a field than a stadium :crybaby:. I'd love to get a look at the great Danish players and Barça youngsters though *thumbs up*.

·
Registered
589 Posts
If you see the match please give us a match summary and watch the Barca players if they play...

The best players so far in the tournament are Jaime the spanish captain owned by Valencia and of course the true star Spains topscorer Jonathan "Jona" owned by Espanyol...

Good luck I really like Rasmussen by the way a true no 9...

:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts