Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Know there is a lot of time before this match, but i still hope u guys will post ur thougts about it :)

I will visit the Nou Camp for the first time in my life, and im really looking forward to it. Ur stadium is one of those magic ones who a true football fan needs to visit sometime in his life :D

But i cant wait to see the Barca fans reaction to Michael Laudrup, when he enters the Nou camp with the visiting team.

About the match itself: There is a article on Barcas official homepage where Rijkard says something like: Barca need to be better to play against other teams who have less quality but more balance"

I coudlnt describe the difference between brondby and barca better myself, therefore i dont think that this match will be easy for ur team....

Good luck :)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Well, hello there. :)

Another thing Im looking forward to, is to see who wins the battle in the stands - an obviously not to loud home crowd, that cares more about waving with white hankies than supporting their beloved team in good and bad times, versus the, well, exact opposite and quite smaller crowd from Dinamarca. :tongue: :notlist:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Frederik said:
Well, hello there. :)

Another thing Im looking forward to, is to see who wins the battle in the stands - an obviously not to loud home crowd, that cares more about waving with white hankies than supporting their beloved team in good and bad times, versus the, well, exact opposite and quite smaller crowd from Dinamarca. :tongue: :notlist:
We'll pass over you over the pitch and in the stands... don't ever forget that if Barça is a big club and Brondby is little is because we are more, we spend more money in our team and we support them even in the bad times. So this battle is already won.

BTW, are your players going to play or not? I heard they were not playing because the club didn't pay them or something like this.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Koeman4 said:
We'll pass over you over the pitch and in the stands... don't ever forget that if Barça is a big club and Brondby is little is because we are more, we spend more money in our team and we support them even in the bad times. So this battle is already won.

BTW, are your players going to play or not? I heard they were not playing because the club didn't pay them or something like this.
Well, there might be a strike among the footballers in the danish league.
And the dispute is wether or not the clubs should get economic compensation for transferfree youth players.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
CarniVore said:
Well, there might be a strike among the footballers in the danish league.
And the dispute is wether or not the clubs should get economic compensation for transferfree youth players.
Okay... thanx for the info

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Frederik said:
Do you?

Where are the spectators? Where are the supporting atmosphere at the Nou Camp?

Sorry, I guess this is quite OT, but anyhow. :)
The team has set a record number of members this year. (I renewed mine :) ) Yesterday for a late Wednesday game in Kings cup against a 2nd division team and having lost the first game away, there were 40K people in the stands. A nice showing if you ask me, but when the stadium holds 90+ it looks bad. Not many teams bring 40K for this type of game.

The fans, after 4 rotten years are still there.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Frederik said:
I guess, you're right, I haven't thought of it that way. But the support, as I've experienced it, still lacks heavily!
The turnup for the games is good, considering how bad Barcelona play and the poor results. Another thing is the actual support the espectators give to the team once they are in the stadium. As Roger put it once, sometimes it is so quiet that you can hear a mobile phone ringing on the opposite stand. Many Barcelona ticket holders are well off and of medium or old age, hardly fans who are going to chant, clap or whatever. The basketball team is supported by younger fans and there I think the noise is pretty good.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Interesting, Angel_Culé.

Another thing I've been wondering about, is the empty stand behind the goals (well, perhaps only one of the goals). I thought this was the area of the "more hardcore fans" at the Nou Camp, or am I completely off here?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Eh.. Frederik... you're setting yourself up for a 'win' aren't you :tongue: ? In case Barca wins you will be able to say (propably) that your supporters won that contest (singing, coreography whatever).

This game will be the biggest game for Brøndby this season (unless they progress.. which.. well.. Barca have to suck for that to happen), and consequently everyone will be fully fired up.

For Barca however... the UEFA cup is somewhat of a humiliation to begin with, and until the final stages- every league game is as important or more so. You cannot compare. This game is one every Brøndby fan has been waiting for since the draw. Barca fans... I suppose it's rather different and this forum shows it ;).

Btw. I think there's also reason for fans to show their anger at times. One of the most pathetic moments in Danish football was when Brøndby was destroyed at home to Man.United in CL, and all the BIF fans just kept singing Brøndby lovesongs while the goals kept hitting the back of Mogens Krogh's net. That was not on!

Brøndby and Barca are worlds apart, and the Danish league is simply not strong enough for Brøndby to ever be in as much of a league predicament as Barca isin Spain currently. It's not like your fans are super happy when you lose at home to FCM for instance.. right :) ? If you were 7th in the league and lost almost as much as you won.. it would have an effect on attendance and support as well.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Glen said:
Eh.. Frederik... you're setting yourself up for a 'win' aren't you :tongue: ? In case Barca wins you will be able to say (propably) that your supporters won that contest (singing, coreography whatever).
Shh...! :angel: ;)

Glen said:
Btw. I think there's also reason for fans to show their anger at times. One of the most pathetic moments in Danish football was when Brøndby was destroyed at home to Man.United in CL, and all the BIF fans just kept singing Brøndby lovesongs while the goals kept hitting the back of Mogens Krogh's net. That was not on!
Well, of course there are - remember the whole Åge Hareide-thing. :eek:
No but of course there should be room and time for fans to show their frustration. We're just more interested in showing the team a good support and being the infamous "12th man". Call us naive if you want. :)

Glen said:
It's not like your fans are super happy when you lose at home to FCM for instance.. right :) ? If you were 7th in the league and lost almost as much as you won.. it would have an effect on attendance and support as well.
Nope, and did we stay as "happy" throughout that FCM-match ... obviously no. :stuckup:
An effect, yes, the support would not fade away though - the average spectator perhaps. Call us naive if you want. ;)

What I was trying to do here, was simply to "step on their toes", so to speak. That the thread developed into me making questions about their fans and such, is just a cool outcome of a silly post. :happy:

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Frederik said:
Another thing I've been wondering about, is the empty stand behind the goals (well, perhaps only one of the goals). I thought this was the area of the "more hardcore fans" at the Nou Camp, or am I completely off here?
The area behind has always been the "home" of the Boixo Nois, or the "wild boys" Laporta has declared a war against them and they have in turned declared a war back. Now they seem to boycott the games and sometime they show up and start singing against Laporta.

I rather see those stands empty, than see a group that does detah threats against the President.

Angel; I will add to your comments that the Barcelona crow is very knowledgable and they don't really like what they have seen lately. People in that stadium know their football and if its not good, then there is no cheering.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
barça said:
The area behind has always been the "home" of the Boixo Nois, or the "wild boys" Laporta has declared a war against them and they have in turned declared a war back. Now they seem to boycott the games and sometime they show up and start singing against Laporta.
I figured it was something like that.

It's really sad, I think, that such an influental group are missing in the ground, although I do understand why you'd rather see that section empty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts