Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 442 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first leg was 0 - 0.
A score of 1-1 in barcelona sees benfica go thrugh. Can Barcelona make it?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
What the hell, someone fix the title, we have a system here...

RoBi; thanks for your concern regarding Barca, but don't you have other things to worry about...

·
1st Tier Poster
48,845 Posts
The first leg was one of the best matches I've seen this season despite being a goalless draw. All that matters now is that we put up a similar performance in the second leg, only with some goalscoring. :D

Damn what a good team we have right now, it's such a joy too watch it in action.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Andy Christ said:
The first leg was one of the best matches I've seen this season despite being a goalless draw. All that matters now is that we put up a similar performance in the second leg, only with some goalscoring. :D

Damn what a good team we have right now, it's such a joy too watch it in action.
Just wait until Xavi gets returns and gets match-fit and the joy will get amplified. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Leckan said:
Just wait until Xavi gets returns and gets match-fit and the joy will get amplified. :thumbsup:
been matchfit doesnt mean he would be in form...

Ask Motta...

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Falastini - I guess i could just wait in silence. But my anticipation for this match is unlike no others.

Moe - You are right. Lets wait a little bit, and talk about this game at a later time. ill be back tomorrow. (oh wait it is tomrrow 2:21 am). I guess Falastini is right, i don't have anything better to do.

Ronaldinho#10 - Thats right. But more than a nice guy, i am somone a who enjoys a good match or two.

Andy Christ - I feel you man. This is going to be some match as both teams have similar football. Important to note i used the word football as opposed to ballet.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
RoBi dont worry about it.

Were all really excited about the game, just the Madrid game is on Saturday so I wouldnt expect too much response before that.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Man, our finishing has been horrendous as of late. If we continue this lack of killer instinct, Benfica will win. They know how to counter attack and take their chances.

I hope Messi can start, but he shouldn't be forced to play.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
As you said our inability to score goals from open plays has been scary in the last 3 games.
Liverpool got punished at home for not being clinical in front of goal and i'm afraid another similar scenario will happen if we can't finish our chances on Wednesday.
This is really getting serious.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
the real scary thing is, Liverpool did 3 games in a raw of not taking their chances, and then got Benfica knocking them out of Europ!!!

now we'll have to deal with something like that, if the midfield don't start scoring goals, we'll be in big trouble specialy if Ronaldinho, Eto'o or Larsson isn't his day to score goals!!

BTW : any news about Puyol ?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I saw Nuno Gomez crying out of injury in Benfica's game in Super Liga. I think he is out of the game. Any news about Puyol and Motta? Motta's injury looked bad! hope puyol will feature next wednesday...

hope we will get something like this:

Valdes
-----------------------------
Oleguer Edmilson Puyol Gio
Iniesta
MVB Deco
Messi Ronie
Eto'o

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Nuno Gomes should not play wednesday.....nevertheless he would not start...

If our asshole coach doesnt mess around as usualy...we should play with tree defensive mid(Petit,Fernandes and Beto) with Geovanni as right winger,Simao as left winger and Miccoli in front....

·
Registered
925 Posts
Miccoli scored a howler yesterday. Whoever plays in defense against Benfica has to keep him at bay.
I don't know how about you guys, but I've got a baaad feeling before Wednesday. If we get a 1-1 again, we'll be out.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Yeah,Nuno Gomes will out for about tree weeks at least.... :frownani:

1 - 20 of 442 Posts