Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, is the match next week being showed an our earlier than usual?

The reason i ask is because every site i look up the tv time for here in the US it is an hour earlier than usual. Anybody have an idea why that might be or is this some mistake they are making. I've checked a number of websites and they all say the same.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that's what i figured. For some reason they're playing games with me though. I just want to make sure I don't miss this game.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
CarlosMiguel said:
Hey guys, is the match next week being showed an our earlier than usual?

The reason i ask is because every site i look up the tv time for here in the US it is an hour earlier than usual. Anybody have an idea why that might be or is this some mistake they are making. I've checked a number of websites and they all say the same.
In Spain, we're going to change the hour time next weekend. On Saturday night, at 2 AM we'll pass to 3 AM. I don't know what happens in Portugal though, but I think it's a European thing. I don't know if it has anything to do with it though. In Spain, the game is at 20:45, like always.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
its what called summer saving time, they add one hour to the time in Europ and in America they don't do so as far as I know!

for us here, we follow GMT+3 thats why we don't use the one hour saving time, maybe Americans don't do so, there for you notice that they have 1 hour earlier that the websites in Europ.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know we have the daylight savings time, but I was sure it was later in the year. So i guess the match will be on at 145 instead of 245 than??

Any US Barca fans can confirm this news for me??

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I've just read on a daylight savings time website that the the EU always changes their clocks on the last Sunday of March. In the USA the clocks are changed on the first Sunday of April. The Barca-Benfica match falls in between this period where there is an extra hour difference between the two. Therefore I believe that the match will indeed begin at 1:45 in the US. Just a heads up for all those Barca fans in the states.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts