Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it might be out of the question, but can you imagine Barca being crowned with their 18th Liga title this year???

Consider this....

As long as we keep our excellent form, and win every match left.

Real Madrid will play Bilbao next week, considering the way they played Zaragoza last night, and the strength of Bilbao, they might lose this one.

Also, they have a match at the Riazor, against Depor, hopefully they will lose that one too. Then come April, we will play Madrid, and hopefully beat them, I know we will. That will have us tied with Madrid. hopefully they have an ugly tie somewhere, and voila Barca your new champs!!!

Some of u might think I am out of my mind, but have faith people!!

I know Valencia are having a run at the title too, I'd rather have Valencia win it than Madrid.

·
Registered
69,729 Posts
Nah, our target in the league is to reach (or to keep) a CL spot. If it´s the second place, it would be a great success (after our "fantastic" first half of the season).

To be champions is not impossible, but it´s really a dream.

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
Ét would be monumental but its impossible,not just because Madrid ain't gonna drop so many points,but because i don't think we 're going to win every game till the end,we're on a good roll but not that good yet

I'd say we'd better save our hunger for next season

·
Registered
859 Posts
Yes, I was the 1st to suggest it, but people didn't take it seriously. Barca will be 9 points from Real if we win this match against Murcia. Then we'll have a match against Real which we WILL win! and they will have a match against Deportivo which will be difficult and maybe these 2 matches will take us 3 points behind Real if everything goes our way. After that, everything is possible, but everything will have to go our way these coming weeks. I almost feel sorry for madrid fans right now, I feel they deserve to be happy and some wins in La liga after the tragedies which happened there.:(

So I feel a little divided here.:depress:

·
Registered
69,729 Posts
tricolornr1 said:
I almost feel sorry for madrid fans right now, I feel they deserve to be happy and some wins in La liga after the tragedies which happened there.:(

So I feel a little divided here.:depress:
Football and that tragedie are different things. But I get your point.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
one thing is true, before these 8 wins, we were thinking about to get the 4 post and we were fighting against, vila-real, osasuna, atlhetic and atletico for this 4th post, now we are in the 3rd post, i don't think anybody thought about this posibilty before these 8 wins, and now we are talking about to get the 2nd position, where is now valencia and even the first position, rm, and they are not osasuna or vila-real, is true that maths say we can, but althought rm has to go to bilbao, to el calderon a to riazor barça has to visit sevilla for to play against betis, madrid and a hard place as zaragoza, and valencia doesn't have an easy calendar too, is true that is not also to dificult, but 9 points are still too much, maybe 4 like valencia has but 9?, well 3 against bilbao, 3 against depor and 3 against atletico(a derbi is always a derbi) are 9 points, now if they win us there then we will be behind there 3 points and if we win there then we need still one more point.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
nrk said:
before these 8 wins
True. The thing is how many more wins can we expect FCB to strin in a row. At some point, the law of averages has to catch up no matter how good a team is.

9 Points is a lot in 10 games.

This is fun though. :)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Very unlikely. :(

I'd love to give Real Madrid a run for the title but quite honestly, how long can we keep this winning streak going for? it would be really unfair to expect the a run for the Liga title from these players because we were in just too deep of a hole. Let's hope for a CL spot, if we can atleast just close the gap between us and Real to 6 points then i'll be satisfied.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
I cant see us winning La liga myself and would be very happy to hold onto 3rd place.

9 to make up out of a possible 30 is too much considering we just made up "only" 5 in the last 24 we got.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I am quite sure Real will drop 9 points, especially if we keep going in the UCL. What I'm not sure is Barca will win all 10 remaining games. If you do win the 18 (10+8) in a row though, you would be quite deserving champions. Another thing is you're looking for 2 teams ahead of you to slip up considerably. That is quite unlikely.

Just get ready for a rocking La Liga next season. :star:

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,658 Posts
I've been thinking about this for 2 or 3 weeks now. I've always been one of those never say die folk and it's not over yet by all means.
So come on! Next week 7 points and stil lots to play for.
Visca el Barça!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I wouldn't like to brag, but if Barca keeps their players healthy and fresh, we are unstopable.

If Ronaldinho, Saviola, Davids, Xavi, and Puyols stay healthy, we might just do it. Madrid will be playing without their top scorer, so that's a disadvantage to some point. If Madrid lose the Copa del Rey two things might happen: 1) They might sink into a hole that has been dug since the attacks on the city, or 2) They will bounce back up with much more determination (like Barca did).

Statistics say that it is very difficult, but I believe Barca will do it. Barca has already beaten 2 of the top 3 teams in la Liga (Valencia and Depor). Madrid still needs to play Depor. And remember that the little teams always screw up Madrid's runs in the past. As long as Barca plays every game like they are playing, plus the interesting addition of Kluivert to the attack, miracles can happen. Just have to believe.

Hope Kluivert finds the net like Saviola is when he returns now that the team is playing much better, even Luis Enrique can shine as a striker.

JC

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
too much ground to make up with in a short time, all real has to do is at least win 4 matches in the next 9 to virtuall make it impossible while you would not be afforded any slip ups

·
Premier Player
1,269 Posts
Roger said:
I've been thinking about this for 2 or 3 weeks now. I've always been one of those never say die folk and it's not over yet by all means.
So come on! Next week 7 points and stil lots to play for.
Visca el Barça!
Agreed Roger the never say die attitude is the most important one in sports and even tough It will be extremely though and its unlikely we will be champions you always gotta believe....

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Barça has to play match by match as we are doing now. Barça plays against Real Sociedad on Sunday at home, then we must focus in wining this match. If we win, then we can see what Real Madrid and also Valencia have done. Real Madrid plays in San Mamés and as you know they have problems in those North stadiums. Then we'll see the new situation... until the next weekend. That's the way.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
I really wish the players wouldn't mention such things. It's bad enough that there has been a little criticism of Celtic after the first leg, and recent history has proved that badmouthing Celtic before a second leg tends to blow up in your face. Mentioning a possible title challenge is foolish and just asking for a loss in our next game. If the players want to believe it's possible, then sure. But keep it within the club. I'd rather they stick with the focus on a single match at a time, like Koeman4 said.

In 3 or 4 weeks time, then they can look at the situation and decide whether it is a realistic outside possibility or a hopeless dream.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts