Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been in the news lately (Marca). Should we buy this guy just to prevent Barca from getting him? To be honest ESPN only broadcast 2 Betis games all season so I don't have much of an idea how good this guys is. But from what I'm read from you guys (R&Bfan and Labas specifically), this guy is a crack! Is he, really, guys? If he is, then for all I care, sell Anelka and get this guy in! I wouldn't want Barca to get their grubby hands on a talented madridista just because our management saw it fit to put their faith on a talented alien instead.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Well this is a tuff one. I have seen Alfonso play lately and I can tell you he's on blistering form - don't worry dwMB! You'll see him soon enough at EURO 2000. I bet that if he makes an impact there, everyone will wanta bring him in. And what shall we do then? My opinion on the matter is we - REAL MADRID - can afford to buy this guy and not sell Anelka. I mean he won't be to expensive as I bet he has a release clause in his contract in case of relegation. The thing with Alfonso though is he's very inconsistant. We may say Anelka is a spoiled brat, that's wasting his talent, but the same can be said about Alfonso. The guy can be amazing, but so what? He's inconsistant as hell, and if we bring him in for Anel;ka, well we may just replace one problem with another?

I agree it would be terribvle if a Madritista, like him would go to Barca, and we know it's been happening more often than it should lately( Luis Enrique, Dani), but I'm sort of hoping a guy like him, who genuinally loves Real, will not go there. I mean Dani and LE, hated Real for not giving them a chance, but if I'm correct Alfonso spent some nice times here, so he should be cool and not go to Barca. Of course it's just speculation as we don't know if he's even taking that as an option. Like I said the situation with many people will be clearer after EURO 2000, because the whole world will be watching the guys in the Lowlands :)

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Once a Madridista,Always a madridista :) (With the exeption of Luis Enrique....)

Alfonso was topscorer TWICE with Real Madrid. But that is a while back, when Luis Enrique and Karanka used to play with us (1+8 too?)

Alfonso will realisticly be on the bench as first starter at Euro2000 behind UrZaiz and Raul but when he comes of that bench.....

Buy him!

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
So that means 1+8 and Alfonso were paired back then, i dont remember it that good.

Did anyone catch that show at EUROSPORT were they showed old CL contest?

Iam an idiot for not recording those!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts