Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Baraldi speaks about the market, part I

This is from the official site but for once it's very refreshing and open. Baraldi speaks without using cliches. In fact, it's so good that Calciomanager.it have about 8 small articles from the interview. :D

Luca Baraldi, the general manager of the Parma has spoken about Parma's transfer market. Here are the moves, from Di Vaio to Nakata.

Luca Baraldi is together with Sacchi in the front line of Parma's transfer market. He says that right now there are no great moves on the way.

About Nakata and other japanese players: "I can confirm that Hidetoshi will stay at Parma. He will be one of the pillars of next year's Parma. We are not surprised that he's having such a good world cup. We expected that after his good ending of the season with Parma. As far as more japanese players go I exclude it as nobody fit our technical plan for the future. We want more italian players right now."

Probable arrivals? They say it can be a central defender or a midfielder...

"The team, as the president has said on numerous occasions, is already made. Then the market will concur if Fabio Cannavaro can be allowed to leave. If that happens there's still Djetou, who is an important player Parma have made a great investment in and one we trust for the future, if we can't get a good solution on the market for us. Therefore, we don't have any particular deal for central defenders lined up.

For the midfield we have taken full ownership of Matuzalem and he's a player we think has a great future. I don't know if he will be in the starting 11 as this depends on the trainer but he's for sure one of important players to construct next year's Parma with."

And if Cannavaro and Lamouchi will leave?

"We have never denied to be very interested in Brighi, and we have declared that on more than one occasion, if Cannavaro would go to Juventus. Likewise we have never denied to be interested in Donati in case Cannavaro would end up at Milan. Clearly the arrival of one of these two players would lock up other negotiations on players we now consider fundamental. Right now Lamouchi is one of these. The market is always changin."

If a Cannavaro goes, the other will remain?

"Paolo Cannavaro is for sure a part of the next year Parma. Therefore a Cannavaro is certain to play for us. If then Fabio has to go and there would be a possibility to aquire interesting players we will estimate the situation."

Di Vaio?

"Di Vaio wants to stay at Parma. A lot more today than two months ago because we have now made important things on the market. Di Vaio has understood that our plan can be good also for him. The Adriano-Di Vaio pair will be one fantastic partnership next season. However this doesn't exclude that if a good offer comes along that also fit Di Vaio we can discuss it. But they must be of the very highest level. Otherwise Di Vaio will remain in Parma.

But if Di Vaio leaves, could Mutu arrive?

"While we hope that Di Vaio does not leave I can say that Mutu is one of the players we are observing with maximum attention."

Rapaic?

"It's a realistic name because if the Almeyda's move to Fenerbache goes through there's an opportunity for Parma to take this player. Then it will be down to the manager to say if Rapaic should stay in Parma."

Almeyda seems allowed to go?

"I believe that he thinks this is a great opportunity for him. Fenerbacho is rich, a Juventus of Turkey, and will play in the Champion's League and they can offer Almeyda an important stage."

Sartor?

Nobody is untouchable, but Sartor is an important player on which we have trusted in the past years and one we hope to count on also in the future. At the moment there's no offer for him. But in a marriage it takes two and if Gigi tells us that he wants to leave we will try to please him as long as it meat our requirements. But I underline that Sartor is an important that can play in many roles. It would take much for us to sell him.

Falsini?

"He is a player who appeals a lot to our traine and one that is popular at the club. Therefore it's probable that Falsini can be a part of Parma. Then, as I always say, we don't have players who can't be sold, except Adriano of course. Therefore we will always estimate important offers."

The papers speak a lot about Appiah...

"Stephan is a player in which we believes a lot in, but he hasn't showed his value yet because he needs to mature, or in other words, to play. Therefore we could give him on loan to a team that value him him and assures that he will play."

I will continue later... Was such a long article... :D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Beatifull. Marten, maybe I should do the translation word by word from Italian? :) There are many interesting things there. :happy:

Just give me some minutes. ;)

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Wow, this is a friggin goldmine for a transfer-junkie like me! :lick:

Very interesting reading. I'l post a longer reflection on the article when I've read the rest too, but so long what's most interesting to me is what he spoke about Djetou who I didn't think had a future here, and also about the trade Rapaic-Almeyda.
I don't see what Rapaic could do in Parma and if we where to immediately trade him away, surely Almeyda must have a higher market value?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Director, there are many rumors about several Japanese players. Are they true? And will Nakata stay at Parma?
As far as Hidetoshi is concerned I confirmed that he will be one of the cornerstones of Parma next year. We are not just content, but delighted that he has a world cup of this high level: it was our expectations after the end of his championship with Parma. As for other arrival of Japanese players in this moment I exclude it because none of these are in our plans for the Parma of future. Now, we trust more on Italian players than foreigners.

Probable arrivals? It is said about a central defender or a defencive midfielder...
The team, as the president has said in several occasions, is done: then, if the market allows Fabio Cannavaro to satisfy his desires we will be happy too. At this point, as far as the central defender is concerned, there is still in the team Djetou, an important player Parma has made big investiments and on who we are thinking to trust, if there arent solutions in the market satisfying for us. So, under this view, on central defenders at the moment we have no type of particular movement. For the midfield, by taking Matuzalem, we have added an important part. He is a player we consider to have a great future. I dont know if he will be a starter, this depends on the coach, but he is certainly one of the players more usefull to construct the team of Parma next season.

And if Cannavaro and Lamouchi leave?
We have never hidden that we are strongly interested in Brighi, and we have stated it in more than one occasions, in case Cannavaro goes to Juventus, the same as we have not hidden that Donati is very liked by our coach, in case Cannavaro approaches Milan. It is clear that if one of these two players arrives that can leave space for transfers of other players who at the moment we consider funtamental. Today Lamouchi is one of these... the market is always under movement.

If one Cannavaro goes away, the other stays?
Paolo Cannavaro will surely be part of Parma's squad next season: This means that at least one Cannavaro will be. If then Fabio Cannavaro leaves and there is the possibility to examine interesting players, already experienced, at good terms, we will examine them.

Di Vaio?
I believe that Di Vaio has desire to stay at Parma: a lot more today than two months ago. That's because he has seen that the club has realised those ideas we had stated we wanted to evaluate. He has seen that Parma is the only club at the moment, or among the very few, that has made investiments in this market. He has understand that our project can give worth to him as well. The Adriano-Di Vaio duo will be a fantastic partnership in the coming championship. This however does not mean that if offers that satisfy both Di Vaio and us come we cant discuss them. However, they must be offers of the highest profile and of the highest level. Di Vaio, in my opinion, will stay at Parma also next season.

But if Di Vaio leaves, could Mutu arrive?
We hope that Di Vaio won't leave. If that is the case, I can say that Mutu is one of the players we observe with most attention.

The case of Rapajc?
It is a realistic name, because in the operation that consists of the eventual transfer of Almeyda at Fenerbahce, there is the opportunity for Parma to get this player. Its an option we have. Then, it will be up to the coach to decide if Rapajc will stay at Parma or if he will be used in other market operations.

Almeyda seems willing to go?
I think he is thinkign about it. It is a big opportunity also for him. That club is rich, it is the Juventus of Turkey, they will be in the Champions League, and they can offer Almeyda an important salary, in a situation where football, at international leve, is deteriorating.

Sartor?
Noone is untouchable, however Sartor is an important player on whom Parma has trusted these years, and on whom we can count on also in the future. At the moment we don't have any kind of request. It is clear that it takes two to tango (Amo waxing poetic here :D), so if Gigi expresses the wish to leave Parma and it is satisfying also for our plans, we will try to satisfy him. However, I underline that Sartor is an important player, who covers many roles; we will think a lot about it before we allow him to go.

Falsini?
He is a player that our coach likes a lot and that he has the trust of the club. So at the moment I believe that Falsini can be part of Parma's squad. Then, as I always say, our is a situation interesting, that doesn't have valuable pieces which can't be sold, apart from Adriano. So if important offers come, we will examine them.

The press talks a lot about Appiah...
Stephan is a player in whom Parma believes a lot and he hasn't expressed his value yet because there is need for him to mature, which means, to play. If offers from teams that can assure us of his worth in a serious technical project arrive, we will take them into consideration.

A bit like Inter did by giving Adriano to you...
The comparison is good. If there are teams that can guarandee us this about Appiah we could give him away for a year.

The press has written that Dabo, that you have taken back, and Appiah could go to Chievo in exchange for Marazzina. Is this a case?
I exclude that Marazzina can be of our interest. He is a player we havent negotiated for at all. He is absolutely not in our plans. However, it is true that Chievo is interested in Appiah, and Chievo could have the players that could interest us. (PERROTA! :happy: )

Open roads also with Verona and Bologna?
Of course. Although this season Verona will be playing in Serie B, and I believe our players deserve to be tested more in Serie A...

Same goes for Empoli?
You know that Grieco has gone to Empoli exactly for this purpose: the same operation that Inter has done with us for Adriano. Grieco is a player on whom we believe a lot, he is extra talented. He has chosen to go to Empoli for a year and then return to Parma to do great things.

Have you talked about Vidigal? Will he join?
No, we havent negotiated for him.

Pelizzoli to Parma?
A big lie...

Tarana (Modena) you have signed him?
I confirm that Tarana is outs. Also this is a youngster we believe a lot in and who will go somewhere to gain some experience. Other contacts? The moment Modena could be interested in a co-property, or at a loan to mature our youngsters we will be very willing, because Modena is a team that we consider good to progress within our project.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Very interesting stuff from Baraldi. Finally, we see some honesty for our management and we don't have to live through the lies the previous morons fed us. Baraldi is being honest, and if he lies, he presents things worse rather than better. He clearly states that Di Vaio, Cannavaro and Lamouchi could leave and under what conditions. He clearly says we're not interested in Vidigal, Pelizzoli and Marazzina. He clearly says Grieco is off to Empoli for a year and that Parma is also looking for a team to loan Appiah. He clearly says that Parma has signed Dabo and Tarana and that they look to loan them too. Then, he says that Falsini and Sartor will probably play for Parma, Matuzalem for sure, and that we are interested in Chievo players as well as he explains the Rapajc situation and makes clear we want Brighi and Donati. I wish some of these journalists had asked him about Seric and Adani, though, he does give some strongs hints about Adani.

I'm happy. I don't like the possibility of Di Vaio, Lamouchi and Sartor going away, but I appreciate his honesty.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Was a very enjoyable read. There was a lot of truth in that, and something I can believe in. Djet who none of us thought would stay/play seems important to the club still and it looks like Nakata is set to stay. I like the plans, and what Baraldi has said seems to make a lot of sense and sticking to his youth development plans.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
After reading the article again, the part about Djetou seems to not be as positive (for djetou) as I first understood. He(Baraldi) more or less says that if no other solution exists then Djetou will get the chance. So Djetou is something of an emergency last choice if Canna is sold, Adani has allready signed for another team and no other good enough defender can be bought for a low enough sum. Personally I'm not sure about Djetou in a zonal four man defence (sorry djet the poster :eek: )
As Baraldi clearly stated that Paolino will be here next season, we'll have the 3 U-21 defenders. Add an experienced defender to that and our defence is done. If you say that four defenders is too little then you'd probably be right. But I don't see who we should get as fifth choice and rot on the bench. We lack a "jolly", an allround player who can play at many different positions (no, not at the same time). Such players is very useful, but with Sensini and to some extent Bogho leaving, we don't have anyone.

The trust in Appiah from the management is, as I've noticed for quite some time (yeah, I rule) not there. I like Appiah and it would be sad to see him leave, but I don't consider him indispensible, especially if we replace him with someone like Perrotta.
And if we could loan Appiah to another club that would be great.

I don't really like the possible arrival of Rapaic and Dabo.
I don't see what Rapaic could do for us, especially since he isn't exactly the player you want for a project like the one Parma are in now. If we would ship him away somewhere else, then why don't we just sell Almeyda directly who surely has a higher market value then Rapaic?
About Dabo, it seems he's a talant that just couldn't develop the way that was expected. He has spent the last couple of seasons loaned out at several serie A clubs without making a big impact. I don't know how well he played in Atalanta this season, but if we are aiming at loaning him out again then I rather think we should sell him altogheter.

I like it that the situation on Di Vaio, Canna and Lamouchi is explained.
I'm confident that Di Vaio and Lamouchi will stay. After the WC I think serious bids for Canna will drop in so he's going.

Some other stuff in the interview was old news.

And could someone give me some info on the Tarana dude? Would be appriciated.

Finally I must give kudos to Baraldi for being so honest and explaining all the plans. Good work and keep it up! :)

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Our friend Bena who didn't get a new contract would of been ideal for defensive cover, he can play anywhere a long the back if he needed and could fill in and do the job well. Sad to see a true Parma legend leave :(

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Ok, I've done some checking on this Emiliano Tarana guy we apparantly acquired.
He's a centralmidfielder and can maybe play at left too. Born 1979 and has earlier played for clubs like Ternana and Perugia before joining Modena. The most interesting part though is that I think he came through our primavera, so possibly we allways owned at least a part of him.
Anyway he will as Baraldi said be loaned out, and I don't know if he'll ever get game in the Parma squad.
And don't ask me how good he is.
Probably just a fringeplayer and nothing else.

X

·
0 Posts
Well that was all a rather insightful & incredibly honest speech a member of our football club. That's a first:rolleyes:

If Appiah goes permanently, I'll go ape-sh!t on Sacchi, Tanzi, & who ever the hell else I can get my hands on.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
I don`t think that we are selling Appiah becasue the time he has played he has impressed a loth...He is in the plan for the future...:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts