Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luca Baraldi also spoke about one of Parma’s top players, Marco Marchionni: ‘He is maturing and giving great performances with a great personality. He did very well on Saturday and against Juve as well. A player with these characteristics can be very useful at the National level.’

31 January 2005 18:13
-----------------------------

Couldn't agree more :stuckup:

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Obviously his rival is Camoranesi ... when Camoranesi is at his best, i believe he is better than Marco, but from what I've seen he blows hot and cold. I think Marco is a lot more reliable and consisten. I think within the next uear he'll be called up for a friendly, and within maybe 2-3 years might earn a place in the squad. He deserves it.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Camoranesi is a cheating bastard who's not even Italian... He doesn't even look Italian. He looks like a south american indian or something. The choice should be simple.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
The next friendly comes within a few weeks if I'm not mistaken. Marco should be there. -- I really want to see il tridente giallorosso playing together in the NT btw. It must be a great fun!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I don't want our players to play friendly games. 1/2 of the time Totti & co aren't willing to play, so why should we risk our players? Marchionni deserves the NT, but in games that count..........

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I agree. I prefer Marco not to play in the NT anyway, otherwise he will be get more attention and will get more offers then now.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Very true Djet. Marco seems to be our quiet superstar. There's a lot of hype around Gila, Bonera and Frey, yet very little around Marco, and i think Marco is as integral to our team as any others. I haven't really heard of ANY clubs being interested in Marco .. which is both outrageous and pleasing :D But yeah, i imagine once he has a few NT games up his belt the hype will rise. Maybe he will be our gila / bonera of next year. Morfeo's similiar, but he's too old and has been around for so long and with so many clubs that he's not going to really speculate any transfer rumours.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Camo is average, at best he can be good, very good which is very rare

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I've seem Camoranesi play extremely well for Juve on many occasions this year. I guess it all depends on the kind of players he's playing with also. I guess playing along Nedved and Emerson will be a lot easier than playing along side Bresciano and Vignaroli.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Valdrin said:
Camo is average, at best he can be good, very good which is very rare
Are you serious? Camoranesi has played a great first part of the campionato, together with Emerson and maybe Ibrahimovic he has been the most important figure in Juventus' succesful season. I rate him higher than Marchionni if both are in good form...

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I'd rather Marco doesn't play for Italy, for a number of reasons.
1) I support Scotland, not Itay
2) I don't care for Italy so don't care if they field a weakened side, but do care for Parma
3) Fear of injury.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
VERDI said:
Camoranesi is a cheating bastard who's not even Italian... He doesn't even look Italian. He looks like a south american indian or something. The choice should be simple.
:thmbup: :D :dielaugh:

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Djet said:
Are you serious? Camoranesi has played a great first part of the campionato, together with Emerson and maybe Ibrahimovic he has been the most important figure in Juventus' succesful season. I rate him higher than Marchionni if both are in good form...
That I agree, but NOT the whole first part, only the starting part, pretty much like last year and the year year he first joined. I remember him scoring some wonderful goals but come on he is just plain average mostly. The reason he works well is cause Capello has made a Lima out of him but much more technical gifted. Marchionni is surely better as the winger and as attacker. He has better record then Camo for that (sorry too lazy to check it up right now ;) ). Remember last year at about this point? We had MARCHIONNI beeing our ONLY deadly weapon upfront, he was the only one to deliver the goods (copyrighted by Dagoose).

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Camoranesi has had his best season in Italy this year and deserves to be Italy's first choice right winger. Whether Marchionni deserves to be on the bench of the NT depends on a persons opinion. I personally would only call 2 wingers, 1 being Camo and the other Langella (no one diss the guy, he is much more of a threat with pace and power than Marchionni, especially at the moment), if I had to call another then Marchionni and Esposito would be the choices. Maybe Esposito only suits Cagliari's style so Marchionni could be a better option for now.

If Marchionni was not given a call-up Im not sure many people would cry, but still he deserves the next friendly at least.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Yeah, Langella... One season wonder like Eriberto/Luciano and Manfredini at Chievo? They looked like world beaters there but failed ever since.

I'm not saying Langella is another one but at least Marchionni is doing well for his second consecutive season.

Langella played Serie C1 only a few years ago and will soon turn 28 years old. This is in fact his very first season in Serie A. Obviously he can be a late bloomer like Hubner but often these older guys only get one good season.

Esposito is soon 26 years old and had played 3 Serie A games before this season. His case is similar to Langella. It can be the tactic at Cagliari that makes these two look this good. Just like Luciano and Manfredini at Chievo...

I'm not saying Marchionni is the second coming of Maradona either but he's been an absolute key player at Parma for the last couple of seasons and he's still only 24. He's a great assist man.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
He's been a great scorer this season too. I believe he would be the second highest. He's scored about 4 hasn't he?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Players do become good out of Serie B, although of course many flop aswell.

If you look at Langella's record in the lower leagues he seemed to have been very good but just never givent he chance.... until now. He is the most powerful balanced winger Italy have. Any he is also a left winger which is why Id call him over Marchionni. 1 left and 1 right winger. Former U21 internationals dont necessarily become better than other players you know....

As for Espositio, he scored 17 goals in B last season so what hes doing this season Im sure he would have done to a good level last year in A...

Marchionni is a key player for Parma but this to me does not mean he deserves the NT because of that. If Italy call him, it is only because we dont hav much depth on the wings. Marchionni would probably be like 8th choice on the Spanish wings.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Luciano is a very good player still. He just isn't in match shape. He came off the bench against Inter and almost scored and was a constant threat. He was just oozing class, power, and pace. Once he gets match fit again he will turn heads again. Langella also a very good player. He is also powerful, and fast and he also has decent technique I even like him better than Camoranesi as from what I have seen from Langella this season in comparison to Camoranesi is that he is more consistent and more of a threat down the wing. Marchionni I like to and he will go to a bigger team eventually but the game against Udinese might be a little decieving as he was playing against Felipe who had no idea on how to stop a pacey winger same as the guy who replaced him (Koldrup?). Of course I think Marchionni should get a chance on the National Team.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts