Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parma director Luca Baraldi has expressed his concern over the number of teenage Italians moving abroad.

The Gialloblu lost 17-year-old Arturo Lupoli to Arsenal in the summer and Baraldi fears a mass exodus.

"At this moment in time there is a freedom of movement for these boys," he warned.

"Clubs who unearth these players should have the right to accompany them until they reach an age suitable to sign a professional contract.

"But that isn’t happening. After all, over the next few days I will meet the parents of a 15-year-old here who is wanted by a number of foreign clubs.

"This is a sad state of affairs. The national and international footballing institutions need to do something.

"We try to do everything in our power to keep them with all that we have available.

"Seeing players like Lupoli leave is disappointing but losing them is a real disaster in professional terms."

Parma also lost Lupoli’s former strike partner Giuseppe Rossi in the summer, when the attacker signed for Manchester United.
---------------

I'm worried as well...if youth players are going to be our life and blood from now on then we stand very little chance of making a successful go at it as things stand because every time one of our youth players rises up they can be so easily poached by other clubs e.g english clubs being able to offer professional contracts... :cry:

It's not looking good...footballing bodies need to get involved because I can see this becoming a serious issue in future...Barcelona have already been affected by this...

Instead of Parma giving their great players away like old times...they're now giving away their future and potential stars away... :scared: :cry: :( very scary thought...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Looking at the recent Italy Under 16 team parma have 2 players in it. One called Lorenzini and another beggining with C but cant remember his name. Could it be one of those or possibly even someone else :)

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Pietro Lorenzini, Francesco Pambianchi and Eros Corradini have already been called up for the italian NT, so it should be one of them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
pietro lorenzini

hi!
I´m a spanish girl and I would like to say somethings...
At first, I met Pietro lorenzini this summer in England, he travels a lot not only because of his football matches, also because he likes. He is a very good player and he loves football above all.
I don´t like football but I know how to recognise a good player when I see a match, and more over when he says football and parma specially is the greatest thing.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It's very sad and disturbing because the Italian League is one of the best and if players are moving for whatever reasons then this should be looked at seriously.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I didnt really understand what you meant with your last sentence, r-ana. Do you mean that Parma is the greatest thing for him?`
How comes there are already two girls (GillsGirl and r-ana) who met some of our youth players in England? Is it like - "yay the italian youth NT is coming, lets see if they are cute?" or what? :D
And if you are spanish, what did you do in England ana?

Sorry for asking, just curious...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts