Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barça striker Patrick Kluivert scored 4 goals against Yugoslavia. A record! I think now he showed what he's made of. We must not allow him to go to Juve....

·
Registered
271 Posts
He was awesome, just like i always knew he is. :)
Although Patrick himself admitted that he din't touch the ball for his 3rd goal, so it may still only be a hat-trick for the dutch superstar :(
Also, until Overmars' 2 efforts, ALL dutch goals had been scored by barca players.
And they say that we're full of "2nd rate dutch rejects"? :)

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He admitted it indeed. But The ref's form said he scored it, so officially it'll be 4 goals by Kluivert, and a record :)

We have (until now):
-EURO2000 topscorer: Kluivert
-Scorer of the most beautiful goal of EURO2000: Figo
-The only player scoring from a free kick: Frank de Boer

All our players show why they are good enough to play for Barça.

·
Registered
271 Posts
We no longer have the only free-kick scorer :(
But we have, in Abelardo, the only player to win 2 penalties i think. lol :)

D

·
0 Posts
UEFA will decide on Sunday wether or not Kluivert will be credited with the goal. I think he will, even though he didn't get the final touch, there would be a lot of critism on UEFA should they decide otherwise and should whoever touched it didn't touch it, Kluivert will defnitely have scored, in such a goal-scoring position a touch by the oppposition isn't required. ;)

I doubt Inzaghi, Henry, or even Nuno Gomes or Djorkaeff will still catch up to Kluivert. :D

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AND THE UEFA DECIDED....

Kluivert didn't score.... :(
But they're right.
Three goals in one single game isn't that bad either, but it's no record.
Abelardo getting two PK's, is indeed another record :)
Too bad he won't cause more :(

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm sure that Kluivert would score more goals if he was not being rested, it's unluckly that he couldn't make the history. Cocu should score a goal, it's also so unlucky that the ball hit the bar twice, and he hit himself towards the bar as well, hope that he is not hurt.

BARCA players are making history, and they are playing great in EURO 2000 now. I hope Kluivert would be the top scorer, and please don't go to Juv, stay at BARCA!!!!!!!!!
HOPE PORTUGAL VS HOLLAND IN THE FINAL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I

·
0 Posts
I hope Holland's performances have banished once and for all the accusations that Dutch players are no good and that Spanish players are superior. I'm not exagerating when I say that if they are at their best, the Dutch, they are the best and most exciting team in the world. Their football is how football should be played...attacking, passing, pace and as a team. Brazil are exciting but they are a group of individuals, not really a team. France are looking more and more vulnerable (but still one hell of a solid outfit that don't seem to have a weakness)and Holland are getting better after each game. But for attacking football's sake, I agree I'd rather Portugal-Holland than France-Holland....the worst that could happen is if Italy get thru....I'm sure all true lovers of football would not want that.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Iqbal> I absolutely agree with you. And Figo vs. the Dutch guys would really be the best game of the tournament.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
i must say that i disagree with the two of you when you say that Holland is the best team. I still have to say that France stands above anyone else. Although Spain gave them a hard game they came off with the result and with "relative" ease. The thing that most impressed me with this team is its depth. They brought in a team of reserves to play against the Dutch and played quite uninspired and still managed to lead twice in that match. The way I see it is that France has the best back four in the tournament, good strong ball winners in midfield, the most skillful creative TEAM player in the world in Zidane and Henry, Djorkaeff, Anelka providing the finishing touch. I believe they are stronger then the team that won the World Cup, and they have more skill then the Dutch. Don't misread my comments, the Dutch are great but i don't think they are as good as the world champions. For me its not even that close. I'm sorry that Italy may end up bringing us a very boring semifinal and it would be a shame to see them go through playing so defensively.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We only said Holland vs Portugal would be a great match to watch. Even better than Spain vs Yugoslavia. As far as Oranje (and Barça also) and being the best: until Oranje has shown to be the best (by winning EURO2000), I will never say we are the best. I won't get any more positive than "we have a realistic chance". :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts