Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was never a fan of british football and i probably never will be. one of the main reasons: there disgusting fans. i'm the first to admit these turkish-supporters aren't sweethearths either but on other occassions there were never the trouble that are the case now.

from the heizel-drama over the leeds-story and now the riots in copenhagen. everywhere these vandals ('cause lets face those b**rds don't give a s***t about fooytball trhey only want to fight and destroy) go there is fighting.

today there is the UEFA-cup final with 2 attractive teams. this should have been something to enjoy. it turns out to be another disgrace to football.

england has succeeded in controling their philistines as long as it's about premier league soccer. as soon as they can come to the continent it explodes again.

as i'm living in belgium i know we will be a country under siege on the euro2000. since the draw authorties can't talk about anything but this game against germany. if only it were to interesting teams, then it would be worth it (or maybe a bit).

therefore i say just ban all english teams also the national team. we don't need this barbaric beheaviour from nobody. definitely not from because some overrated teams with their . they have had their chances and blew them all.

------------------
Always trying to be modest. And damn proud of it!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
This has to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on this site. I'm not one to point the finger, but hasn't all the trouble this season in Europe revolved around Galatasary?
I realise the English Hooligans ( I don't want to class them as fans as they are a minority) are as much to blame as the Turks. Yes they probably provoked the Turks.
What I have to say is how come the Turkish Hooligans (again the Minority) had knifes with them to stab the English fans? There is no other reason to take a Knife to a football match than to cause trouble. I'm sure that in most countries this would be classed as a premeditated act of violence?

To label all English and British Football fans the same is just as bad and racist as to label all Turkish fans the same. Each country has their problems, and I've heard of them from Belgium and Holland as well.
The point I am trying to make is that there are arseholes in every country, it just seems that the world media makes more of a deal out of the English problem.
I'm an Englishman, and I've been around the world without causing problems, I've even sat in a pub talking football to German football fans. According to you I can't do that, I should have not been able to have a sensible conversation with the guys because I am English, and should have attakced him?

Get a life, and don't condemn a nation for the acts of a few!

Razor

p.s Your post should have been in the Flamers Paradise

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
I think this time the English fans have a good reason.
I think the Truks should be banned, as they started it all. Putting banners in the airport like "welcome to hell" and things like that.
If they get beaten up , that's their fault!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Ze da Fiel, I disagree, there is no sense in violence at a football match. If UEFA doesn't take action against the hooligans, then we will go back 10-15 years and hooliganism will become widespread again!

My main point was to condemn a whole nation for the acts of a few mindless idiots is unfair and racist!

R

·
0 Posts
Galatasaray, Arsenal and Leeds should all be banned from Europe for at least two years.
This will let fans of other teams know what will happen when they go looking for trouble.
I don't think all English teams should be banned as other English fans haven't caused trouble in Europe over the last few years.
UEFA must act before violence at matches become common again.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
It has been 8 years since an English side was involved in any sort of trouble until this season, and the fact that the only time that the violence errupted was when each of the teams played galatasary seems a little suspect to me.
Rather than ban the teams, I feel the fans should be banned from away legs for both Leeds, Arsenal and Galatasaray.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
I disagree with you g0D. You can't just blame the English fans for being the bad guys. Turkey has some very passionate fans as does England, and tempers are going to flare. Banning all English teams from Europe would just degrade the quality of football as England has some very good clubs. The only thing that should happen is perhaps what RazorUK said, and that's banning the fans of the visiting team for the away legs, so that there won't be any trouble.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Razor UK i like your opinons ! You are mostly right i think.
But what i believe is ; english hooligans (NOT THE FANS) are real trouble makers and when we look at the history we can see it easily ! They alway do it.This was not the first and won't be the last.
Turks are guilty as well.Why they stab them ?
There is no excuse about it.But ,they are the first guys who really responded to English hooligans.
Everyelse were afraid of them.So i consider this as a hard response to English hooligans.But i prefer a football without fighting.
Brazilian Friend is so ridiciolus as well.I saw on TV and English hooligans were so miserable with bloody faces .

Not the English teams But ENglish hooligans must be banned...

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Thankyou Eclipse, I was beginning to think I was the only one that could see there were 2 sets of trouble makers. I think we all want the same thing, and that is a football match to occur trouble free. I think that the best way to guarentee this happening is to ban visiting fans from each of the three teams that have been involved this season, this would be an example set by UEFA. They should follow this up with a potntial ban for national team fans for any violence that occurs after this point as well.

Blackeagle, I agree with most of what you say as well, but I feel that you are pointing to just the English hooligans, my aim is to rid football of ALL nations hooligans, and whilst it harms the real football fan in the short term, it will encourage them to point the finger at the troublemakers.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Blackeagle, you also say look to History, but if you look at any violence over the last 8 years in European club football, then there is very, very little from the English. The ban seemed to harm the fans, and most have learnt a lesson. The problem is UEFA didn't make a tough enough stance after the incident in Turkey, and it has happened again 3 weeks later.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
You know what? I read somewhere 2-3 weeks ago that Galatasaray were selling tickets with extremly high prices (like 250-500 dollars) and they were defended themselves "In turkey everyone can not pay this + airline tickets and we don't want troublemakers to come to Copenhagen "
You understand ? They sold the tickets to rich people rather than the working class but it still did not work!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I agree that Galatasaray at least tried to stop the trouble makers going, but it is a sad sign of football that whatever the clubs do they will find their way there. In the UK before every match out of the country, the UK police check each and every passenger on their way out to the game, and stop any known trouble maker going. This I feel is good practice, but obviously there are going to be some unknown trouble makers who will slip through the net.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts