Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Kristal in for sure. Some moments, he created just some pieces of genius. And maybe I would put in one of those pre-war strike legends instead Zelinski. Example Kuremaa, Pihlak or Eelmaa.

Its sad ofcourse, that its impossible to get place in XI for Estonia football history top5 player. I talk about Evald Tipner then

·
1st Tier Poster
49,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see how to fit Kristal in...Dmitrijev is needed as the only proper DM, Lindpere IMO a better player than Kristal as he has proven by his vastly superior club career and he's faster and covers more ground and brings more width to the formation.

Kristal's amazing amount of caps is also explained by our very limited selection of proper central midfielders back then...Reim and Kristal hanged around in Estonian league for nearly entire career and hence were always available for international duty.

I did not consider pre-war players at all, only those I've seen myself.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alternative version:

--------------Oper------

----------Reim---Vassiljev

----Lindpere---Kristal---Dmitrijev

U.Rooba---Klavan---Piiroja---Jääger

----------------Poom

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
My XI
------------------------Poom----------------------------------------
Jääger--------Piiroja (c)-----------Klavan-------Rooba
-----------Dmitrijev-------Reim------Vassiljev-------------------
--------------------------Kink-------------------
--------------Oper-----------------Zelinski------------------------

Kink club career has been better and he scored some important goals in Euro 2016. Comparing with Lindpere

And reserve squad too :) After re-independence then

-------------------------Pareiko-----------------------------
Allas------------Stepanov------------Lemsalu--------Kruglov
Zenjov--------Kristal---------Lindpere-------Vunk-------Terehhov
----------------------------Viikmäe-------------------------------

·
1st Tier Poster
49,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how has Kink's club career been better than Lindpere's? Joel's success in NY Red Bulls was pretty impressive, being selected the MVP of his team ahead of many world-famous names and MLS All Star twice .

and Kinky's simply not as consistent and good as Lindpere who usually has been quite reliable over the years and can play a variety of positions and provide decent defensive contribution.

Kink is a moody and selfish forward who has a horrible goalscoring rate (25 goals total outside of Estonia).

·
1st Tier Poster
49,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also Vunk in the reserves all-time lineup :D this must be the biggest compliment he's ever received. well, it's not easy to find somebody there, central midfield has been such a weak position over the years...but I'd rather put Taavi Rähn there as a DM. He had some decent years for the NT there, never liked him much as a CB.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts