Xtratime Community banner

Baltic league

783 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  lacom 
#1 ·
What do you think about Baltic fooball league?

I know Latvian Football Federation made project about it but Lithuanian and Estonian federations doesn't won to participate.

#2 ·
Pity !! It'sa a god idea ? There was also a project to make Balkan League (http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=146142).

It's my squad:

Zalgiris Wilno (LIT)
Atlantas Klaipeda (LIT) :) :) my favorite Baltic team
FBK Kaunas (LIT)
Ekranas Panevezys (LIT)
Skonto Riga (LAT)
Metalurgs Liepaja (LAT)
Dinaburg Daugavpils (LAT)
FK Ventspils (LAT)
Levadia Tallin (EST)
Flora Tallin (EST)
TVMK Tallin (EST)
Trans Narva (EST)

And 2 wild cards. My are:
Suduva Marijampole (LIT)
FK Jurmala (LAT)

#5 ·
Scandis have the Royal League, FIFA can't stop them. FIFA/UEFA can't explicitly stop such competitions, they just have a preference against them. Which is stupid, because all UEFA looks at is wanting to preserve sole authority when it comes to international club engagements.

#6 ·
Andrija PFC said:
Scandis have the Royal League, FIFA can't stop them. FIFA/UEFA can't explicitly stop such competitions, they just have a preference against them. Which is stupid, because all UEFA looks at is wanting to preserve sole authority when it comes to international club engagements.
That Royal League is just a friendly tournament between domestic league seasons. While the Baltic League project is actually meant to replace the current domestic leagues (at least that was the idea when it was first discussed several years ago), so that bigger clubs like Flora and Skonto would play only in there. And these kind of leagues are not allowed by FIFA/UEFA, I'm quite sure of that.

#8 ·
Code:
Baltic League 1990 Final Table

1 Zalgiris Vilnius            32 104- 11  58
      2 Sirijus Klaipeda            32  47- 19  47
      3 Ekranas Panevezys           32  62- 24  46
      4 Progress Cherniahovsk (Rus) 32  46- 33  42
      5 Jovaras Mazeikiai           32  40- 25  40
      6 Inkaras Kaunas              32  54- 25  39
      7 Banga Kaunas                32  45- 30  37
      8 RAF Elgava (Lat)            32  44- 37  36
      9 Sakalas Siauliai            32  41- 32  34
     10 Sport Tallinn (Est)         32  43- 39  33
     11 Neris Vilnius               32  27- 47  28
     12 Stroitel Daugavpils (Lat)   32  29- 45  23
     13 Torpedo Riga (Lat)          32  29- 45  22
     14 KKI Daugava Riga (Lat)      32  16- 49  21
     15 Pardaugava Riga (Lat)       32  24- 53  18
     16 Metallurgs Liepaja (Lat)    32  20- 97  13
     17 Suduva Marijampole          32  13- 69   7

TopScorer
     V.Baranauskas (Sakalas Siauliai)        18
     A.Narbekovas  (Zalgiris Vilnius)        16
     V.Ivanauskas  (Zalgiris Vilnius)        14
     K.Dranginis   (Inkaras Kaunas)          14
We dominated that league, and baby Skonto wasn't even born yet ;)
Lithuanian champions was decided by play-off of top 4 of Baltic League (that could be a solution now; if not old-fashioned UEFA) and top 4 of Lithuanian league.

Code:
1/2
        Ekranas Panevezys - Zalgiris Vilnius    2-0  0-1
        Panerys Vilnius - Sirijus Klaipeda      2-3  1-2

3-4     Zalgiris Vilnius - Panerys Vilnius       1-0

1-2     Sirijus Klaipeda - Ekranas Panevezys     0-0 (3-2 pk)

#9 ·
Ignas said:
small correction: they are allowed, but then the clubs would not be able to participate in European cups;)

There is no problem with UEFA, they just need to know the champions of each country. In reglament must be the sentence - best team of each state are champion of his country

The main problem is finances. G. Indrikson (presiden of LFF) said- To start this league we need about 2milj. Lats (~4m $)

#10 ·
There's a big proble with UEFA. Balkans wanted to make Balkan League and UEFA didn't allow them. Balkan League woudn't replace national leagues, but UEFA didn't agree even on this, so there's a little chance to make Baltic League, but it's a good idea :) :)

#11 ·
Poland-Cement said:
There's a big proble with UEFA. Balkans wanted to make Balkan League and UEFA didn't allow them. Balkan League woudn't replace national leagues, but UEFA didn't agree even on this, so there's a little chance to make Baltic League, but it's a good idea :) :)

No there is no problem with UEFA. I have some information about Baltic league project and I can say it again: There is no problem with UEFA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.