Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a bit more info or to confirm details on this as information in English is not so easy to come by and is pretty much all in a news article published on the Latvian FA website. I quite fancy traveling to this one and going to the six matches so trying to get an idea on confirmed venues to make arrangements, and indeed to find out whether or not they decide in the end to pull the plug on the tournament though that's unlikely.

The six games and potential but as yet not 100% confirmed cities (as far as I'm aware) are as follows:

28/05/16: Lithuania U21 v Estonia U21 (Palanga)
29/05/16: Lithuania v Estonia (Klaipeda)
31/05/16: Latvia U21 v Lithuania U21 (venue TBC)
01/06/16: Latvia v Lithiania (Liepaja)
03/06/16: Estonia U21 v Latvia U21 (venue TBC)
04/06/16: Estonia v Latvia (Parnu)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Baltic Cup

Hi Holyjoe,

Great to see your interest in the Baltic Cup, we will be the official media partners for this years competition and all information will be available in English...

We are meeting next week to finalise the details of the media pack and then we can confirm the venus. You can follow us on www.onenilup.com for all the info you need, including travel and game info.

Its highly unlikely / impossible that the tournament will be pulled, the biggest attraction of the Baltic Cup is that its Europe's oldest football competition, they like that and would run it, even if it was two teams :D

So, if you need a anything else then check us out or feel free to contact us

Cheers,

Graham (OneNilUp)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ha ha,

Well its the best chance of winning a trophy any of the three countries have, maybe if they took it more seriously the results would be better ;)

I do think it needs a fourth nation to make it more interesting however...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Apparently they didn't feel it was advantageous for them, I guess last years tournament was enough to put them off...Again had they taken it more seriously, their results and feelings might have been different

In a dream scenario we could get more from the Baltic Region, imagine a tournament that contained;
  • Poland
  • Sweden
  • Norway
  • Finland
  • Estonia
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
For example :musik:

·
1st Tier Poster
49,712 Posts
UEFA and FIFA might have issues with it then...the only reason they're okay with the current one is that it interests nobody and has no significant money involved

·
Registered
5 Posts
Of course, I know the Latvian Football Federation worked hard to get this tournament recognised by UEFA and FIFA, that was the first step for them...It does need 4 teams as a minimum though, maybe Belarus as it used to be in the Soviet days..?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts