Xtratime Community banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Bad is understatement. He actually has been awful all season long and it is a crime that he will get picked up ahead of Destro or Immobile.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
No doubt he is, always has been. Still living off a Cassano cross and one good hit outside the box in the same match. Absolutely useless footballer most the time.

·
Registered
46,041 Posts
Almost 30 yo and yet another flop, in his city, in the club who lauched Luca Toni's career and relaunched Robi Baggio's. No comparison, he doesn't have what is needed for the success, which means first of all a 100% commitment. The failure at Brescia has been certified yesterday by Cellino, who commented the fact that Balotelli didn't joined the training session two days ago (he did yesterday): "Maybe the problem is not so big as we make it. Mario is a particular boy and it is predictable that his head is no more with us. Nothing different from what it has always been". Talking about his performances up to now: "we can't blame him alone, but there is disappointment. Perhaps he is disappointed too. All of us is disappointed".

·
Registered
69,180 Posts
He's been linked with a move to MLS, think it wouldn't be smart unless he comes at a discount price (not the top earning category)

·
Registered
44,712 Posts
Certainly one of the biggest wasted talents of the last decade.

When watching a compilation of all of Inter's goals during the Treble season, it's clear that the guy was already around a world class level. Anyone watching that without knowing what happened next would assume that he went on to be awesome (barring injuries). His attitude at the end of that season, his decision to leave Inter (driven by the same attitude), the snowballing complacency that followed all worked to kill off his career. The only exception was the temporary awakening during his first stint at Milan...and even then, he wasn't trying that hard.

I guess he's the footballing equivalent of a grunge band?

·
Registered
46,041 Posts
He's been linked with a move to MLS, think it wouldn't be smart unless he comes at a discount price (not the top earning category)
I don't know the MLS well enough to know his impact on it.

As regards Brescia I was pretty sure it would be a failure. Brescia had a good team for serie B which would struggle to stay in serie A without Balotelli, but in my opinion could have a bigger chance without him. Balotelli is not the icing on the cake, he is not a leader, he is a guy who scores the random goals (5 up to now, not many tbh) but is also a tactical ballast for the other players of the team. They had Donnarumma-Torregrossa who had scored 37 goals together in serie B in 2018-2019, I wouldn't have changed that attack.

·
Registered
46,041 Posts
Cellino is done after the very last injustified absence of Balotelli and has started the procedure which will lead to the sack.
The football career of Balotelli in Italy is pretty much over. I have no doubt he will get chances worldwide, if he cares to start a new experience abroad.

·
Registered
44,712 Posts
:(

Come on, Balo. There's still time to have a nice career.

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
Balotelli is what we would call a "head case". They are almost impossible to manage except without a Chuck Daly/Michael Jordan type of personality.

·
Registered
44,712 Posts
"Balotelli got that haircut once. Oh, so that's how it is? That was all I needed. From that moment on, I knew I had to dominate him and drop 50 on his head". - MJ

21 - 37 of 37 Posts