Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
still no wonder season in career

he proved only one phenomenal performance in euro 2012 (against germany)

very inconsistent in career

sometimes he scored wonderful long-range goal but it is all

his total performance just suck for every 90 minutes in milan

always said only messi better than me:finger::yuck:

for example gilardino, adriano, kaka, cassano ... all of them had wonder season in serie-a at balotelli age:strong:

·
Registered
13,590 Posts
You speak truth here

·
Registered
10,108 Posts
Much more consistent than earlier in his career. He's not a complete player (yet) but he's been scoring a lot of goals since joining Milan and is very influential (just look at Milan's result and performances when he's been unavailable lately, truly depend on him to play if they even want to dream of beating a mid-table Serie A side), so at least you can say he's moving in the right direction. Not supposed to peak as a player until in 4-5 years anyway.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
To appreciate Mario, you need to understand what type of player he is. He'll never be the 30-goal-season centravanti. Mario is all about moments. With the 'professional' (?) mentality that he possesses and his natural skill-set, he has provided us with many moments. Can he be that Serie A 'MVP' - well he's still young, so we shall find out - he may well blossom in his early 30's like other famous rebels.

·
Registered
46,042 Posts
To appreciate Mario, you need to understand what type of player he is. He'll never be the 30-goal-season centravanti. Mario is all about moments. With the 'professional' (?) mentality that he possesses and his natural skill-set, he has provided us with many moments. Can he be that Serie A 'MVP' - well he's still young, so we shall find out - he may well blossom in his early 30's like other famous rebels.
Yeah, he is all about moments. I don't think this kind of player will ever improve enough to be serie A MVP, unless serie A becomes so ugly that a player like him is better than a bunch of mediocre ones. Unlikely scenario. I think that until serie A get at least the foreign big clubs rejects it is very likely Balotelli (who is a foreign big club reject too) will hardly be the MVP.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
'he is still young' was used years ago.

Cant continue to excuse him. They say English like to overhype their players, whats Italian then.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
He is young though - I respect Italian fans who appreciate the development of a player like a fine wine, the older the better, never too quick to judge a player so soon, and labour him with unrealistic goals. It is the English media climate that set unreal targets without understanding who the player is. Balotelli is Balotelli, I don't know why people are placing all these expectations on him - we can only judge him on what we've seen. Is he the most overrated player in the world? No. But he is a very important player for the Azzurri - possibly their most important player this summer, if Mario has a good World Cup I am sure Italy will too.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Even Gila and Luca Toni are doing better.

I hated how he stormed away like a ****ing **** after the Euro final loss, classless bastard. The rest stayed and shook hands with Spain.

·
Registered
17,518 Posts
That's Balo, he'll never change.

I don't think he's overrated, unless you rate him on the same level as the world's best players. I don't think anyone does.

But he'll always be among the top players at a club, but he's not the type you build a team around.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I don't see Balotelli as an overrated player. Maybe 2 or 3 years back he was, but now majority of people know where his level is at the moment. Even if he fully develops as a player, he could be a 20-25 goal a season man for his team but I think he'll always be inconsistent just because of his behavior and mentality on the pitch when he brings out his bad side every now and then. Still young so he could still turn things around, but it's a habit that he's never gotten rid of and I have my doubts that he ever will.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Ibra managed to do it
so maybe also Balotelli
but as You say the character of a player often remains,
kind of depends on whether he is satisfied where he is at
or wants more and then perhaps some luck.

·
Registered
398 Posts
i think what someone else said works best, balotelli is full of moments. he is frustrating and at times can be useless to say the least since his game is often detrimental if he is void of scoring goals.

but he is one of those players who will 'spark', you never know when this will be, but when he does; you forget all the bad stuff and love him for being mario. he can be out of this world on his day and the passion he brings is awesome, even though many may question his work ethic i don't think anyone can truly criticise his passion for milan and wanting to win. zlatan was different, as he was for the most part very consistent and a different player in his role. (both talented but i think zlatan is more naturally talented, probably one of the most gifted players ever).

i love both players a lot, both are easily top 5 (favourite) for me as far as current players go

1 - 20 of 37 Posts