1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
you have to go a bit over the top to make a point, but everything he says is spot on. especially....

Therefore Iker Casillas' superb performances for Spain last summer, allied to his heroics during Real Madrid's title winning season in La Liga, mean that, if there has to be a winner this year, he has as strong a claim as Ronaldo.

these awards are absurd.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
you have to go a bit over the top to make a point, but everything he says is spot on. especially....

these awards are absurd.
He is right about about Casillias been saying for ages now he should win.Ronaldo done nothing for Portgual in Euros was a ghost vs Germany when his team needed him the most.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
So basically you guys are saying that the most scoring player in the EPL and the CL isn't worth winning?

That's absurd if something...
Yeah, I would love to see David Villa win it for being a major fact that Spain won the Euros, winning a cuptitle and the most scoring striker during 2008 but in the end, Ronaldo does deserve it because he's not a striker, not at all, but still scores more goals than any other striker did during the season. 42 goals in 46 games is not shitty really...

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
So basically you guys are saying that the most scoring player in the EPL and the CL isn't worth winning?

Yeah, I would love to see David Villa win it for being a major fact that Spain won the Euros, winning a cuptitle and the most scoring striker during 2008 but in the end, Ronaldo does deserve it because he's not a striker, not at all, but still scores more goals than any other striker did during the season. 42 goals in 46 games is not shitty really...
Hey you shut the fvck up, Henry did not win it in 2004:rollani:

·
Registered
8,506 Posts

What Ronaldo did last for his club was amazing no doubt but he failed for Portgual in the euros.And what big games last season against the big teams was he MOM in as well.There are no big performances that you can compare with in previous seasons.Like

Kaka vs man utd 07
Henry vs Inter 03
Ronaldinho vs Madrid 05

Tell me a big game last season where his performance was on the same level as the 3 players above i mention.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
so in your book you should only win an award which is based on your performance all over a season, on your performance in an isolated game. :googly: wheres the logic in that. how can anyone justify that, seriously. Bit ironic that an Arsenal fan talks about how a player did not perform in a big game and therefore shouldn't win an award. Sounds like they defended that so call argument not so far ago in relation to Henry, not saying there was anything wrong or unjustified in defending Henry. But if Henry should have won in 2004 (which he sohuld have), then Ronaldo has an even stronger case in 2008.

Ronaldo wasn't exceptionally irresistable in many big games, but what he was is regular. He was there in many of the key moment, his goals were there in the UCL Final. Against Liverpool, Arsenal in the league and so forth.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
What Ronaldo did last for his club was amazing no doubt but he failed for Portgual in the euros.And what big games last season against the big teams was he MOM in as well.There are no big performances that you can compare with in previous seasons.Like

Kaka vs man utd 07
Henry vs Inter 03
Ronaldinho vs Madrid 05

Tell me a big game last season where his performance was on the same level as the 3 players above i mention.
Well hello!!!!!, His name being included was a big shock, wasn't it:rollani:

What did his performance there gain Arsenal in the Champions League? Oh that's right, feck all.

While Ronaldo's so called none MOM performances against big teams where he still scored, gained him the top scorers award for the League and Champions League, as well as winning those two competitions. But of course, what does that matter when Henry gained a MOM performance against Inter...

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
lol at henryrules putting a CL group game alongside Madrid-Barca and a CL semi final.

henryrules must choose between his love for Henry or his hate for Ronaldo. Ronaldo 08 and Henry 04 outscored and out assisted everyone over the course of the season, but both sucked ass in the Euro's. Yet henryrules wants to have his cake and eat it.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Reason i am saying Ronaldo should not win because if this award is based on history then Ronaldo should win it.I am sure we agree that.

Zidane was the best in 01/02.

Henry in 03/04

Ronaldinho 05/06

All 3 players were the best players in the world in those seasons and went into those events as the best in the world.But after they flopped.None of them won any awards at the end of the season.So it should be the same for Ronaldo.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Well hello!!!!!, His name being included was a big shock, wasn't it:rollani:

What did his performance there gain Arsenal in the Champions League? Oh that's right, feck all.

While Ronaldo's so called none MOM performances against big teams where he still scored, gained him the top scorers award for the League and Champions League, as well as winning those two competitions. But of course, what does that matter when Henry gained a MOM performance against Inter...
That is like saying Nedved vs Real Madrid does not count because Juve lost the final.Or Ballack vs Liverpool in 2002.Because Bayer lost the final stop talking rubbish

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
That's some terrible logic you have there.

It's 3 diffferent seasons with 3 different players and you cannot apply the same rule to all 3. The Euros are not the only criteria by which a player is judged.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
That's some terrible logic you have there.

It's 3 diffferent seasons with 3 different players and you cannot apply the same rule to all 3. The Euros are not the only criteria by which a player is judged.
It is not my logic it is the way those awards went.Tell me i am wrong that those players were not the best in those seasons.You can't cos on those points i am right.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,813 Posts
Reason i am saying Ronaldo should not win because if this award is based on history then Ronaldo should win it.I am sure we agree that.

Zidane was the best in 01/02.

Henry in 03/04

Ronaldinho 05/06

All 3 players were the best players in the world in those seasons and went into those events as the best in the world.But after they flopped.None of them won any awards at the end of the season.So it should be the same for Ronaldo.
Who should win it then? There was nobody who excelled in EURO2008, whose individual performance was comparable to Ronaldo in WC2002 or Cannavaro in WC2006.

Fact is that realistically speaking there are only two candidates to the the best player in the world title right now: CRon and Messi. And the first one had a considerably more successful year than the other, scoring an insane amount of goals last season and winning the double. We can forget EURO2008 completely because CRon didn't do much there and Messi didn't play there. What Casillas, Torres or Villa did in winning the EURO certainly isn't enough to take them past Ronaldo or Messi.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
So if Ibisevic scores twice as many goals as the topscorer in EPL, he'll be the frontrunner for this award next year?
Well if Ibisevic scores 84 goals next season then yes, he will be a frontrunner. :D
But there is a big difference between the Bundesliga and the EPL.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts