Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 Hristo STOITCHKOV (Bul) Barcelona (Spa)
1995 George WEAH (Lib) Milan (Ita)
1996 Matthias SAMMER (Ger) Borussia Dortmund (Ger)
1997 RONALDO (Bra) Internazionale (Ita)
1998 Zinedine ZIDANE (Fra) Juventus (Ita)
1999 RIVALDO (Bra) Barcelona (Spa)
2000 Luis FIGO (Por) Real Madrid (Spa)
2001 Michael OWEN (Eng) Liverpool (Eng)
2002 RONALDO (Bra) Real Madrid (Spa)
2003 Pavel NEDVED (Cze) Juventus (Ita)

For the past 10 years :
1 winner was from EPL
4 from serie A
4 Spain
I Germany

Now a serie A winner. For what: Because the guy scored 24 goals last season in serie A. Henry scored more in the league and europe. Players were working their ass off in euro and copa when he was in vacation. His team got humiliated by Depor when they had a big lead. Seriously this award is a joke and should be cancelled.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
The fact that Sheva had never won it until this year, despite past humiliations of Nedved's juve, Ronaldo's, Figo's and Zidane's Real Madrid, shows that it might at last be getting sensible.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Deco being 3rd is most bizarre, he is just a good player, you wouldn't pay money to go and watch Deco would you ?

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Nedved was on fire last season, Zidane won a WC in 98, Figo had a great year in 2000 and Ronaldo came back from a 2 years injury to win a WC. Other players could have won, but I don´t see whats wrong with most of the nominies for this award.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Attila_the_Nun said:
The fact that Sheva had never won it until this year, despite past humiliations of Nedved's juve, Ronaldo's, Figo's and Zidane's Real Madrid, shows that it might at last be getting sensible.
Ohh, so now this is a consolation because he was robbed previously. Besides scoring goals against teams like Reggina, he hasn't done anything. This Ukraine team that he is supposedly carrying can't even make it to a single tournament. Deco won a UCL, a league and his portugal went to a euro final. Where was the overrated Sheva when people were sweating their ass off. Probably in Jamaica on vacation. Adriano was carrying Brazillians B team to a copa cup. Henry scored more goals than anyone in europe. And a guy just scores 24 goals against teams like Sampdoria and is the "most deserving". :rollani:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Deco being 3rd is most bizarre, he is just a good player, you wouldn't pay money to go and watch Deco would you ?
let it go :embarass: to me it should have been either Shev or Deco. This award is not to rate only technique, but the whole package! And Deco has been great this season, just the way he managed to secure a spot in Barça playing great football from day one shows he deserves this award.

To me he has been the best player at Barça, not saying he is better than Ronaldinho talent wise, but he is very fundamental. He can score, defend and assist.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Liternit said:
let it go :embarass: to me it should have been either Shev or Deco. This award is not to rate only technique, but the whole package! And Deco has been great this season, just the way he managed to secure a spot in Barça playing great football from day one shows he deserves this award.

To me he has been the best player at Barça, not saying he is better than Ronaldinho talent wise, but he is very fundamental. He can score, defend and assist.
Belletti secured a place in Barca from day 1 too, where is he ?

to me Deco was a passenger in the Euro's and he often disappeared in Porto's games that i saw, the odd nice pass isn't enough for me, i think he has been overhyped for two years now.

Maniche was much better than Deco this year.

·
Registered
869 Posts
CMBurns said:
Ohh, so now this is a consolation because he was robbed previously. Besides scoring goals against teams like Reggina, he hasn't done anything. This Ukraine team that he is supposedly carrying can't even make it to a single tournament. Deco won a UCL, a league and his portugal went to a euro final. Where was the overrated Sheva when people were sweating their ass off. Probably in Jamaica on vacation. Adriano was carrying Brazillians B team to a copa cup. Henry scored more goals than anyone in europe. And a guy just scores 24 goals against teams like Sampdoria and is the "most deserving". :rollani:
obviously you're a liar

juventus, barcelona, real madrid, inter, lazio, roma, ajax, turkey, spain et cetera have all suffered his goals..
you are messing it up with henry who scores just against fulham or southampton (no disrespect in this statement)

shevchenko has proved his talents against any kind of defence..that's because you're a manipulating liar

plus remember that teams like sampdoria defend much more better than the average bunch of EPL teams

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Belletti secured a place in Barca from day 1 too, where is he ?

to me Deco was a passenger in the Euro's and he often disappeared in Porto's games that i saw, the odd nice pass isn't enough for me, i think he has been overhyped for two years now.

Maniche was much better than Deco this year.
Beletti is about to lose a spot to the youngster, his performances have been nothing but okay and lets not forget he had to replace Reziger while Deco Davids, Deco came in the team scoring and assisting making everyone forget Davids.

Just watch the games, because Deco is the type of player that makes a team work. And far from a choker, if Henry had half his will he would also be a winner. (not talking about EPL) :smileani:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ballon d´Or is an ok award. The award that is a popularity contest is the one that Fifa hands out. You can already sign up in your little notebooks that the stupid National Coaches who chose Zidane last year, :howler: what a joke, is gonna chose Ronaldino this year. Double :howler:

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GioCurvaSud said:
that's because you're a manipulating liar
:mute:
plus remember that teams like sampdoria defend much more better than the average bunch of EPL teams
Those same EPL teams that can't defend have been kicking the living hell out of serie A teams for 5 seasons now in UCL.

Its things like this that make undeserving people get this kind of awards. So scoring 24 goals in serie A is enough. He doesn't have to prove himself anywhere. He can't do sh*t with ukraine. When he happen to score one odd goal for unkraine, guys like you are all over the place saying how good he is and that he is carrying Ukraine all by himself :rollani: He can't even do sh1t in UCL. Has never been top scorer in UCL. He is just lucky to have 9 team mates who sit behind the ball the whole time and his one odd goal is usually enough to get a win in serie A.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
CMBurns said:
You are going to get tired. Believe me ;)
Sperm Donor :D Donating to who? Your sister :howler:
you´re too young to know the difference between orgasm and sperm?

Sperm is that think you keep taking in your cavities, while orgasm is something you will never make anyone feel. Unless you count your goats :)

And yes I´m tired of making you look even more stupid and I thought that was impossible :embarass:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
GioCurvaSud said:
you are messing it up with henry who scores just against fulham or southampton (no disrespect in this statement)
And Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool, Inter, Juventus, Roma, Leverkusen, Bayern Munich, Deportivo etc. :rollani:

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
CMBurns said:
Ohh, so now this is a consolation because he was robbed previously. Besides scoring goals against teams like Reggina, he hasn't done anything.
Two in two games against Barcelona don't count then

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Attila_the_Nun said:
Two in two games against Barcelona don't count then
Don´t bring that game up, he will probably cry :(

·
Registered
869 Posts
Shevchenko has become top scorer of Champions league at 21 y o with the world class likes of Dinamo Kyiv, and led them playing a match Henry can just dream so far with much more better players behind, then after a bunch of months he merely became the top scorer of serie a, a league where maradona and van basten played few years before..PEANUTS

IN THE MEANTIME, at the same age and in the same years roughly Henry choked miserably in the same tournament(Juve was a better team than Milan in those seasons)

They had the same age, they were in the same tournament and one choked while the other was top scorer

The difference between the two clearly explained

1 - 20 of 126 Posts