Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Then what was the point of getting Essien? If Chelsea knew better they wouldn't invest in a player who is almost 30 years old. Let us remember that he is no Zidane.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O Glorioso said:
Then what was the point of getting Essien?
Lampard - Essien
Ballack

Makelele is no spring chicken.

If Chelsea knew better they wouldn't invest in a player who is almost 30 years old.
But they have limitless money to invest.

Why not put together the strongest squad they can?

If the do well in all comps there is alot of games in the season - im sure they will all get a game.

Let us remember that he is no Zidane.
Maybe not 5 years ago.

Would be better than Zizu today.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
But they have limitless money to invest.

Why not put together the strongest squad they can?

If the do well in all comps there is alot of games in the season - im sure they will all get a game.
Trust me, Abromovich doesn't like spending 100 million every year. Ballack will cost them 10 million or more than his actual price. He's not what Chelsea need right now. Chelsea can continue to win and do just as good by aquiring highly rated young talent. Remember, Abromovich is a businessman and along with throwing money at his club, he'd like to see some of it come back.

South_Melbourne said:
Maybe not 5 years ago.

Would be better than Zizu today.
What I was trying to say is that, I doubt he'll be able to play at such a high level into the age of 35.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Ballack isn't a defensive midfielder, i don't care who classifies him as one.

The better option is playing Essien as one.

But there is still gonna be a good deal of tinkering and rotation as Makelele still has a good couple of years left in him.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Ballack is just an upgrade on Essien in my view, Essien has hardly set EPL alight has he? Gudjonssen was much better last year, Ballack is kind a mix of the two.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Ballack is just an upgrade on Essien in my view, Essien has hardly set EPL alight has he? Gudjonssen was much better last year, Ballack is kind a mix of the two.
In what way has Essien not settled in? To be honest with you, I never thought Essien was as good as he was made out to be. Chelsea were better keeping Tiago the way Essien has played this season.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I'm sure hearing that Chelsea had a $100 million loss last year would make him think. Well actually, I hope it does because if not that would be very scary :dazed:

·
Registered
782 Posts
O Glorioso said:
I'm sure hearing that Chelsea had a $100 million loss last year would make him think. Well actually, I hope it does because if not that would be very scary :dazed:

Its all money laundering, for him 100 million is nothing. Wait until the summer and Chelsea start spending money, they will spend well over 150 million, they are going to go after some very good strikers.

Also heard that daily times, had a story that Chelsea offered 80 million Eur for Tevez.....anybody hear anything??? cause that would be crazy.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
Thoughts?

FM06 has him classed a Defensive midfeilder - natural
Are you taking the piss or are you really as ***** to talk about a player due to a football manager -06 attribute?

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
They don't need Ballack, they have Makelele, who is the anchor in the team.

But he will go to Chelsea due to the high money contract, and Abramovich will buy him to keep him out of reach of his rivals.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
vedz said:
Ballack isn't a defensive midfielder, i don't care who classifies him as one.

The better option is playing Essien as one.

But there is still gonna be a good deal of tinkering and rotation as Makelele still has a good couple of years left in him.
agreed....ifthey get ballack i would have thought the long term plan is essien as the DM behind ballack and lampard. unfortunately FM and CM dont always get it right...however they have predicted many a young talent!! saviola, riquelme, tevez, maschareno, d'alessandro, cech, kallstrom etc etc..kallstrom theyve changed from AMC/L to DM throughout the games!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts