Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hands up if anyone thinks Michael Ballack is holding out for more money that he can get for most likely his final big contract or that he's just looking for a much needed change and challenge.

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
if Man City offered £120,000 and Manchester United, Milan, Inter, Juventus, Barcelona, Madrid offered £80,000 he'd goto City no doubt

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I choose option C) A and B both.

He wants a massive contract and also wants a new challenge.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I think its a little bit of both. The Money he is looking for has been offered some places but he is not willing to take that challenge. While the challenge he is looking for is not offering the money he is looking for.

Just for example Money has been offered by madrid but he doesn't like the challenge. While he'd like to go to Juve but they dont want to pay him what he wants.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
He is that good , he can CHOOSE.

Why would anyone lower his own deserved Value. All are making a living. Unless he has a special interest in a certain league or Club.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Gordy said:
Just for example Money has been offered by madrid but he doesn't like the challenge. While he'd like to go to Juve but they dont want to pay him what he wants.
LOL!

You have inside information that nobody else does or something?

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
LOL!

You have inside information that nobody else does or something?
Yeah along with Ballack rejecting Madrid so did Del Bosque, he says he doesn't want to manage that bunch of comedians you have there at the moment.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Gordy said:
Yeah along with Ballack rejecting Madrid so did Del Bosque, he says he doesn't want to manage that bunch of comedians you have there at the moment.
del Bosque was FIRED, so obviously there will be sour grapes. He's a world class manager, though.

You didn't answer my question anyways.

You have inside information that nobody else does or that crap you wrote was just fabricated in your head?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Or maybe he will stay at Bayern.

I can't really understand this whole Ballack rush, he'll be 29 after the WC - only really three good years or so ahead of him. His best time would be in the past (at Leverkusen and then at Bayern)

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
del Bosque was FIRED, so obviously there will be sour grapes. He's a world class manager, though.

You didn't answer my question anyways.

You have inside information that nobody else does or that crap you wrote was just fabricated in your head?
What are the first 3 words in my second paragraph?

·
Registered
505 Posts
S'pose he ended up at Juve, how will there formation change, i mean our midfields got Nedved, Viera, Emerson, Camoranesi n chances are he'll be joinin us after we lift the CL so no1 mite be willing to leave just yet

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
He's turned down a massive contract at Bayern, the lad wants a new challenge at a different league.

Calling him a greedy mercenary is just low.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
especially if he joined M U lol Red Bed seems to have some hiden hopes.
But yea Ballack is 29 so money is an issue but the bigger issue is the lack of challanges he has at Bayern ,Bayern are likely to win the trophy in Germany even without Ballack if Bayern do win the CL I believe that Ballack will stay but same as Hennry he is likely to go because he seeks a club which offers him a larger chance to win the CL. Which is not always the best policy-just look at Owen

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Hidden hopes?

Teams like Fiorentina and Espanyol are after him now, I am certain he will be at Old Trafford next season if we make an offer.

·
Registered
866 Posts
especially if he joined M U lol Red Bed seems to have some hiden hopes.
But yea Ballack is 29 so money is an issue but the bigger issue is the lack of challanges he has at Bayern ,Bayern are likely to win the trophy in Germany even without Ballack if Bayern do win the CL I believe that Ballack will stay but same as Hennry he is likely to go because he seeks a club which offers him a larger chance to win the CL. Which is not always the best policy-just look at Owen
But how many of those clubs are there, really? Only three ATM for definite imo - and where would Ballack fit in Juve's, Barca's or Chelsea's line-up?

Ballack won't join Man Utd over staying at Bayern, if he has any ambition what-so-ever. He'd be better off joining Fiorentina.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
it is true that juve, chelsea and barca seem set with line ups, as does Milan for that matter. but teams like juve may lose names such as nedved while teams like Real may lose names like zidane in the near future. Therefore, i think the big teams could do with him.

It's not like he plays with a crap team now though, Bayern are a European giant so i think money is a huge issue, but so is exploring other leagues and countries.

I see him in Italy or Spain. I just can't see him playing for United for some reason.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
lazyyzal05 said:
Bayern Are offering alot of money, i think he wants a new challenge.
bayern manager uli hoeness was guest in a very popular football talkshow 2 weeks ago, and said they gave ballack time till mid of march, latest end of march, to finally make a decision.
the first contract that was offered to him isn't in the cards anymore and if michael wants to stay, he will have to settle for less money than he would have gotten if he had signed before.
he and his angent will have to completly renegotiate the deal.

a new, improved contract, was given to willy sagnol, who is a very popular player within the team and also his teammates asked hoeness to try keeping willy within the team at all costs as his importance is significant.

it's so hard to say what he will do and i wouldn't bet a single €uro on how this story will continue...
probably influencial will be on how far bayern can go in the champions league.

fact is that he has already won everything with bayern on a national level.
that might lead to him seeking new challenges elsewhere.

for sure he's no mercenary who's just looking for the fast money, at least not in the past.when he played for chemnitz former bayer leverkusen manager rainer calmund tried to lure him to bayer for quite a while, offering him a great deal, but ballack chose to stay a little longer at chemnitz and then opted for a move to kaiserslautern.before calmund finally managed to bring him to bayer, a lot of other clubs were after him aswell, among them bayern münchen, but he chose leverkusen.

fact remains that this (potential) next move or next contract will be a very good one, as michael is turing 30 in september, and he'll be looking to get out the most.
if he doesn't sign a new contract he'll be looking for a club where he has all the chances to win the champions league and earns some good money.
he's worth it anyway.great player!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts