Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I increase my ball control?

I mean I really lack in this.
Players give me pass and the first thing I do is to loose possesion altogether. :eek:

Its a split second decision to what to do with the ball and If I take seconds to literally control the ball then we are gonna be playing football like golf :D

Anyone can help me out?
thanx

nEEbz

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Well if your control is that bad the first thing I suggest is to dribble through cones and just get a feel for the ball
The basic to start of with
Get a small skills ball (the kind of ball in the new commercial)

BTW a good mind trick is to imagine your not nEEbz
and that your Zidane, Bergkamp or one of your favourite players with great control

It boosts your confidence and confidence is vital to sucess in anything especially football

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Dribble around the house all day. That's what I do. I think I spend at least 20 minutes in all with a ball just dribbling around.

A good thing to do is to practice balancing the ball on one foot at a time. Juggle a lot too.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Sazón said:
Dribble around the house all day. That's what I do. I think I spend at least 20 minutes in all with a ball just dribbling around.

A good thing to do is to practice balancing the ball on one foot at a time. Juggle a lot too.
I was to say the exact same thing. When I was not out playing footy, I was playing indoors with a tennis ball. Also, it is nice when you have a dog who wants that ball and you can dribble your dog. Small children will work as well. ;)

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
hmm i think you have to know the flow of the ball, trap it will. move your feet with the ball and cushion it so it doesnt just spastically bounce off your foot.

with me i always try to be natural anf feel the ball, watching ZZ do this alot has really helped me. i sometimes do some crazy ball control. high lob passes and i just one touch and a beautiful sweet curving pass.

anyway
hope i helped

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Falcão83 said:
Do you mean ball control meaning touch or holding the ball when players try to get it from you? Cuz either one, its somethign you are born with it or not. I got it thank god.:) :D
yea that is true

great first touch can come naturally like for me also, however i dont see the problem in developing this skill.

just learn the ball flow. where it will land, and how it will bounce etc. and you should do fine. "be one with the ball" ;)

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah the point is that I get to control it.
My first touch should be where I want it to.

You won't beleive what stupid mistakes I do especially in case of ma first touch :D

Sometimes in creating a very very zidaneous smart move I just miss the ball altogether and end up kicking in the air ...cool eh? :D

There are two things when you are getting the ball.
1 > Take the ball in ur possesion. Meaning you know where the ball is going and your under control of it.

2 > Look around and see what to do.

I feel my second instinct is very strong ;)
But I fail in taking control of the ball.

and yeah one more thing,
I am quite weak too. My passes sometime don't even reach my fellows. Now what? :D

nEEbz

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Ok for stronger passing you have to have good technique and build up your ankle strengh
You can do this by practicing against a wall or with a friend

For control just follow the tips in this thread and have confidence like I said you have to imagine your a great player and not someone who can't control shit

You will improve better that way:)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Amantino said:
For control just follow the tips in this thread and have confidence like I said you have to imagine your a great player and not someone who can't control shit
Yeah, confidence is f***ing huge. If you don't have confidence, you don't have anything.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Sazón said:
Yeah, confidence is f***ing huge. If you don't have confidence, you don't have anything.
if got it right my frend, someimes just do something crazy and it might pull off.

other day out of the blue, the ball was just perfect, and i did a scorpian kick ( rise my foot backwards and kick it over my head and then control and i ran up the wing)

now, if any player did that on the big stage, i am sure it would be in the archives for a long long time.

however, it was me, and all i got was "OMFG!!!" from all the players on the field.

sure it was pretty fluky, but i did plan it and wat a incredible piece of first touch

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
put a lot of sand into your shoes and run from lions for 3 months ;)

or if they sell them, get yourself a pair of ankleweights from sport stores (but ask them if they have it first).

Ok for ball control, try to tap the ball from one foot to the next and keep doing it. Not nearly as easy as it sounds ;)

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
50 percent mental you gotta think you can do it

also kick a ball against a wall and just work like that work in tight spaces

1 - 20 of 40 Posts