Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice idea, I've heard from older people there were really some great matches among these teams. At least there would be real matches, not like in France' 98. May be there should be one similar cup for the professional teams also.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Ok,you can let Greece out because it will have no interest,we will win it every year... :)

Seriusly now,if Greece and Turkey are included it will be quite a competition.

Serbia
Greece
Croatia
Slovenia
Bulgaria
Romania
Turkey

All the teams are about the same range,it will be quite a battle...

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

G

·
0 Posts
When I was looking up old records of the (former)Yugoslav national team, I saw that they regularly participated in the 'Balkan Cup' involving Yugoslavia, Romania, Albania, Bulgaria, Hungary...

So why not have this same thing now? With Croatia, Yugo, Romania, Bulgaria...(obviosly not Albania :))

I think it would be a good idea, they could play a sort of Mini-tournoment every year. It could even be a qualifing tournoment for the European Cup...

M

·
0 Posts
I think that would be a great idea.It would be interesting and they could be good games for preparing for qualifiers and Tournaments.I dont know about them being Euro qualifiers though.

L

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a good idea to me. It certainly would be good preparation matches for Euro or World cup. Not to mention it would boost our international record.

G

·
0 Posts
Well, technically Greece(I think) and Turkey aren't in the Balkans...but, I suppose we could let you play :)

It would be kind of boring though, having a Yugoslavia - Croatia final evey year :)

D

·
0 Posts
Greece and Turkey are part of the Balkans...
Personally I think that it would be much better if this was done at a club level...
think of this...
Crvena Zvezda (Srbija)
Partizan (yugoslavia)
Olympiakos (Greece)
Panathinaikos (Greece)
Hajduk Split (Cro)
Dinamo (Cro)
Levski (Bulgaria)
CSKA (Bulgaria)
Galatassary (Turkey)
Steua Buchurest (Romania)
Maribor (Slov)
one more Romanian, one more Turkish and one more Slovenian and 2 tams from Hungary and you've got a 16 team tournament...four groups of four, with the top two teams in each group moving on to the second round, 2 groups of 4, then inter-group play, home-away legs and the top two from each group go into the semis and so on and so forth all the way to Zvezda being crowned Balkan Champions....
that would be amazing, if it didn't start a war...imagine 5000 Zvezda supports going to Zagreb or Split to support their team in a tournament like this...wow....it would be chaos...
nice to dream though....

------------------
Zvezda je zivot ostalo su sitnice!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I DONT THINK IT WILL MAKE A GOOD CUP BECAUSE THE TEAMS ARE NOT AT A GOOD LEVEL EXCEPT GALATASARAY OF TURKEY. i MEAN BE REALISTIC, IT IS NOT GONNA BE FUN AT ALL.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
PAOK and AEK from Greece should participate too.

Carlito,I dont care if you are a Galata-Saray fan or not but Olympimpiakos is a decent team and would beat Galata.Also the other three greek teams would be able to beat you.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
amoroso, no offense,, sorry i did not see anything about the geece teams. I think olimpiakos andf aek are as good teams. but the rest woulnt make a fun compettion. am i right?

G

·
0 Posts
carlito, it may not interest soccer fans in Western Europe, but it sure as heck would interest us. And dont be so sure Galatasaray would win it, as Amo said, Olympiakos is a very good team. Probobly a much better team then Galatasaray are :)

And Delijam, yeah it probobly would mean caos, especially when Dinamo play Partizan(Grobari would be out for revenge :))

As for the Balkan geography thing, I dont know, I always thought that Turkey & Greece werent part of the Balkans. Damn New Zealand schools! :)

M

·
0 Posts
It would be good if it changed every year,so one year its balkan clubs and one year its international and that way Eastern European countries can get practice at club and international level and bring up the standards.There is only one problem and that is that this tournament will be done in the summer but the World cup and Euro are on every second year so this Balkan Cup could only be done every other year.

M

·
0 Posts
:) Sounds really good...

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.crvenazvezda.is-here.net/

www.dejanstankovic.co.yu
" TARGET=_blank>http://www.crvenazvezda.is-here.net/

www.dejanstankovic.co.yu
</A>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts