Xtratime Community banner

Balbo denies Boca talk

233 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  cytyx 
#1 ·
Balbo denies Boca talk Tuesday 9 April, 2002

Roma striker Abel Balbo has denied that he is set to have a trial with Boca Juniors next week.

Reports in Buenos Aires had suggested that the former international would fly to his homeland in order to try to earn a move to the club.

But the Argentine denied that a transfer was about to take place. "I don’t know where this story came from at all," he said.

"I have had contact with Argentine officials but for personal reasons it is highly improbable that I will play for Boca."

Meanwhile, a South American that looks certain to leave Italy is Parma’s Claudio Taffarel. The Brazilian ‘keeper is being linked with a move back to his birthplace.

The Gialloblu star, reserve to Frenchman Sebastien Frey, has admitted in the past that he would prefer to play more often and Atletico Mineiro are set to offer him a deal.

Taffarel will be available on a free transfer this summer after his one year contract at the Tardini expires.

The 1994 World Cup winner spent three seasons with Atletico Mineiro between 1995 and 1998.

See less See more
#4 ·
Well it looks like he's moving to Boca juniors this weekend, after all he's rotting in the bench, because he´s not Weah.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.