Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aston Villa forward Bosko Balaban is desperate to leave the club after being left out of the Croatia squad for last month's friendly against Slovenia because of his lack of first-team football.

"I didn't come to Villa to earn lots of money and be on holiday," he told onefootball.com.

Croatia coach Mirko Jozic has made clear his policy of only selecting players who are playing regularly for their club sides and Balaban, despite playing a significant role in the qualifying campaign, has fallen foul of that after failing to start a league game for the Premiership club.

"They bought me for huge amount of money and after that they left me on the bench," the 23-year-old protested. "I played 45 minutes against Varteks in the Uefa Cup, and 50 minutes against Sheffield Wednesday in the League Cup and that's all.

"Sometimes I get 10-15 minutes but that's not enough for me to show what I can do. They are being unfair with me."

Balaban claimed to be confused as to whether he is on the transfer list or not. "I just don't know," he said. "In England it seems normal for half the team to be on the transfer list.

"The truth is that I am really unhappy, and I have asked my agent Zdravko Mamic to arrange a meeting with club officials. This makes no sense anymore, so I have announced that I will leave.

"I will talk with the club chairman and manager first and I will decide after that, but what is sure is that I don't want to stay if the situation remains as it is now."

What really frustrates Balaban is that he believes he has shown enough already to demonstrate he could cope in the Premiership.

"I have proved myself in training," he insisted. "I have no doubt that I can play in the Premiership, but I just need the opportunity and a little patience."

After six goals in his first seven internationals, Balaban is naturally disappointed to have been left out of the national team.

"I gave a lot in the qualifying campaign," he said, " and I would have liked a bit more consideration, but I will give my all to secure a place in the World Cup squad and show that I have not forgotten how to play football."

http://www.onefootball.com/index.phtml?page=fullstory&country_id=10&newsid=109225

Sounds like something should happen with Bosko pretty soon. He played again today, for about 20 minutes, with no real impact.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Jeez, I knew it would happen and the cookie will crumble, but not this late. I hope he's on the list to travel to Japan with us.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Villa just bought another striker aswell. He is an under 21 international I think called Crouch. Anyway he went straight into the starting line up in is first two games. So I really don't know where Bosko will get his real chance. :(

If he is sold where do you think is the ideal place. I think that for Cro players Germany is a good option. Most the time you will play and the league and clubs are very good.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Italy if possible, but in the very least not to another English club.

Nor Spain.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, Crouch scored today as a matter of fact. The guy is 6'7", he's huge. It's a bit more complex at Villa than that. Juan Pablo Angel, Villa's top scorer, is likely to leave. The other forward Vassell (also an England rep.), might be played behind strikers. I think they're still unsure about Balaban because he's some insurance if Angel leaves, so that they can pair him with Crouch.

Frankly, I can care less about Aston Villa. I've learned way more than I ever cared to know about them, thanks to this Balaban soap opera.

I agree with the Italy or Germany. Problem is Villa will lose money, since there's no way they can get what they paid for if they get rid of Bosko.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Let this be a lesson for future young croat players.. dont go to england or u may face the same fate.. their style of football does not suit our style.. guess biscan and balaban r learning the hard way.

Well maybe not the hard way considering how much they r getting paid :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Blackburn Rovers :D should buy Balaban.......the strikers that they have now aren't anything special, especially that Yordi..he is cr.ap.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
i doubt villa will want to sell some1 that they just bought at a big loss... maybe a loan would be good

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
i watched the Aston Villa - Leeds match on tv.....Peter Crouch played the entire match...let me tell you this guy is something special. No-one can give possession away like Crouch, his control is pretty bad and let's not mention his passing. Ok he is only 20 yrs or so, but for 6 million pounds i was expecting more than just a player who wins the balls in the air. Believe me Crouch can thank Prosi for him making the PL, i wonder how many of his 18 goals Prosi made....at least half i'd say.

Balaban didnt come on at all. They have a cr.ap side now and with this Graham Taylor as coach, i reckon they'll be in the relegtion battle next season. What i dont understand is that Villa have won only 1 in 11 matches and still Balaban is warming the bench.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
placebo, every english journalist is impressed by Peter Crouch and his Villa performances... I believe you might have an biased opinion there...

nevertheless, I cant see how Balaban cant get a chance to play a full match... i cant reason it out

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
We'll never know the internal workings of Villa's staff and players, or why Bosko doesn't get any minutes.

It's probably not as black and white as it seems, maybe he's preforming bad at training games and practices? Or maybe they don't like his haircut or accent or somethin'....

we can just speculate...

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
ero, I agree with you... but after Taylor (coach) said that he is confident that Balaban will go to a WC 2002, I got pretty pissed off... I mean, he wont get a chance play the play for full game once in Villa, but Croatian NT should bring him to WC? wtf? let me refrain of further comments

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
this was the first time i saw Crouch play, and based on his performance he would do well in the circus....or atleast in the Sydney United team.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Crouch had a lot of goals with Portsmouth...I never saw any full games only hilights but he can definately thank Bobi for having so many scores.

As far as how he'll do in the EPL, I guess time will tell.

Despite words of reassurance for Balaban, I think he's being lied to and won't get a descent run in the squad. It'd be good if he was sold but understandably, Villa don't wanna lose money on him so it might not be that easy to pull off.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Phuk Villa.
:mad:

There, somebody had to say it.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
here is the thing, I think that Balaban is now mentally ruined in Villa... he doesnt expect to get a chance... hence he doesnt train to get a chance, etc, etc... it shows on his whole level of play... he is a young guy, he needs to play... you can say look at suker, didnt play for a while, look at him now... but suker learned pretty much everything he ever needs to know about soccer already... balaban didnt... he needs to play... he needs to move clubs or his career might come to a stop

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
I agree spwolf, man, we're agreeing on almost everything at the moment, spooky.

Pity about our signatures :tongue: ;) :tongue: ;) :D

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Ero said:
I agree spwolf, man, we're agreeing on almost everything at the moment, spooky.

Pity about our signatures :tongue: ;) :tongue: ;) :D
heh... and then everything changes ;-)

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts