Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BAKKE BACK TO HIS BEST

Tuesday 30th December 2003

Eirik Bakke feels he is in the best shape of his career after his comeback from a knee operation.
The Norwegian international has just returned to the Leeds line-up after an extended spell on the sidelines.

Bakke injured his knee on international duty after putting off surgery to play for his country in the Euro 2004 qualifiers during the summer.

"I have never been so well trained as I am now," he stated. "I have sometimes trained for eight hours a day."

Bakke also admitted his frustration at constant media attention back in his homeland about his drink driving conviction.

The midfielder was found guilty of the offence and was given a two-year ban from driving, as well as a £5,000 fine.

"There wasn't anything made out of this in England," explained Bakke. "While in Norway it was blown up completely.

"It has not been tempting to go back to Norway since the case, sometimes I have felt like it has not been possible to live a normal life."

-------------------------------------

And nice to have him back aswell. He has always been loyal to the club and a hard worker. I hope we see him back for the game against Newcastle...

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Great to hear. Has allways liked him!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts