Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roberto Baggio may be heading for Chelsea to join up with former Juventus team mate and now Chelsea coach Gianluca Vialli.
At Chelsea, Baggio would also be working with several other Italians such as Roberto Di Matteo.
If Baggio moves to England then it will look more and more likely that Gianfranco Zola would return to Italy to play for the team that launched him into soccer stardom, newly promoted Napoli.
It is known that Napoli have already enquired over the availability of Zola.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Baggio interests Arsenal ««
It is reported that Arsenal, along with Premiership rivals Chelsea, are showing an interest in Inter star Roberto Baggio.
The Italian ace will be available on a free transfer under the Bosman ruling with his deal at Inter expiring this month.
It is reported that both the Gunners and Chelsea have headed out for discussions with the agent of the man once nicknamed the "Divine Ponytail."
There is no doubting Baggio's pedigree. The 33 year old has played at the highest level, both for Italy and for top Serie A clubs, and the striker was particularly impressive in USA '94 despite his penalty miss in the final against Brazil.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
I think despite the offers from Arsenal and Chelsea, Baggio would stay in italy. I hope he goes to Naopli, because they are rebuilding their team and looking as a new serious contender in Serie A.

I think Baggio wants to stay in Italy as well, he wanted to get another naional call up again from zoff, but thats not possible anymore, but anything goes.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to see him stay as well..With Napoli i am sure that he would make a great impact..
I think Napoli is the 1 out the the four teams promoted to serieA that seem to be real serious for next season..I think they will cause some suprises next season.

S

·
0 Posts
i think if napoli doesn't bring in some young guys, they're gonna last two seasons at the most.....but i'm a die hard fan, and i have faith in them!!!
They are here for good coz they'll make some smart signings this season......

FORZA INTER, FORZA NAPOLI!!!!

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Well if you ask me and if i were a Napoli fan i would want them to sign Baggio and i guess he is the only person besides Zizou Figo and Rivaldo worthy of Maradona's old shirt.

But for the future i would also take a look at Gaentano D'Agosto and also Rabito two players who might not fancy their chances any time soon at the Olympico or the Meazza.

Also another guy that they could look for is Locatelli or Fiore...two very very good players......a move to Napoli could really boost their careers.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought his career would end staying in ITALY..I hope he signs for NAPOLI or some other italian team..
According to some report I read a way back is that Napoli had approached Baggio before and he refused so now Napoli is real hesitant on signing him now..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts