Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Romario, Baggio linked with Saudi giants Al-Hilal
RIYADH, May 19 (DS) - Transfer news on the Saudi Arabian football scene:

Brazilian ace Romario and Italian veteran Roberto Baggio are topping the shopping list for Asian Cup-Winners' up holders Al-Hilal of Riyadh, according to Sunday's edition of daily Al-Jazirah here.

"The club should start next season on a flying note," honorary club member Prince Bandar Bin-Faysal Bin-Abdullah told the daily paper on Sunday.

"We have won the Cup-Winners' Cup last term, and another prize at the start of the new season can only boost the players for the new Champions' League competition."

Now that Al-Hilal have extended the contract of Colombian manager Francesco Maturana, the newly-elected Saudi league champions are more than ever favourites to land continental silverware in the upcoming new season.

"I have been in personal contacts with the likes of Croat forward Davor Suker, David Ginola of France and Mexican striker Hernandez...all of them have shown real interest in our genuine offers, with only Baggio and Romario preferring to move on a loan basis to compete in the Super-Cup," added Prince Bandar.

Al-Hilal, Super-Cup reigning holders, are scheduled to face South Korea's Samsung over two legs, the first one to be held in Seoul.

"Experience at the highest level of the game is what both Romario and Baggio are enjoying, and this is what we are exactly looking for in the Super-Cup. The game throughout Asia is moving at a fast speed, and we should not be taken by surprise, and left behind the runaway train," concluded Prince Bandar.

·
Registered
46,338 Posts
Baggio will never go to Al Hilal, be sure.
99.99% he will play in an Italian team next year
0.01% he will play in a J-League team

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Nothing in the local news about those cheats Hilal going for either player.

But i read they are going for Balbo maybe.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
If Baggio leaves it will be for a club close to home up in the North,The grapevine has it that Roby could be heading back to Bologna with Mazzone also going there stand by.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I would prefer to see Baggio stay in Italy and finish his career there. He's still a top player.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts