Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Roberto Baggio will not join Lazio because, as he said, there is an internal fight in the team. One wonder how can he know that? Perhaps his old friend "El Cholo" Simeone has told him all the secrets of Lazio's dressing room? Or has he read some boxe reviews recently reporting the match between Fernando Couto and Sinisha Mihajlovic about who will be in the starting 11 next season? Baggio will not join Lazio for two reasons:

1) There's no room for him in the Lazio starting 11 and at the moment he's just a third choice behind "La Brujita" Veròn and Baronio. If he joins Lazio, he must be ready to spend most of the season watching the games from either the bench or the stand.
2) He still wants to play at the World Cup 2002, and to do it, he needs to be in the starting 11 of some teams to make some impression on Giovanni Trapattoni.
Those are the real reasons he will not join Lazio.

So Baggio should not come up and talk lies about internal fight at Lazio. And even if there's an internal fight, which world he comes from? Don't forget that last season he was at Inter, which is not exactly what you may call the "Land of Love and Peace" (remember Panucci, Recoba, Seedorf, and all the Lippi's rages) so he must be used to internal fight. I have absolutely nothing against Inter and Baggio himself, but he can't say that he doesn't join Lazio because of internal fights.

True, Lazio have a lot of good players, but last season Eriksson has showed that evry player has his own share of the pie. Eriksson can't say Baggio "You will surely be in the starting 11", because that's not the truth. If Baggio ever comes to Lazio, he will have to spit blood to get a place in the starting 11. And not because of an internal fight, but for all the hard work it takes to be in the starting 11 of the Italian Double winners. If he wants to get a comfortable place in the starting 11, he better joins Reggina or Udinese.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Don't knock Baggio, he could get into the starting 11 of any team in the world. He is still one of THE best attackers and at 33 too.Inter showed him no respect and he still got their asses into the champions league with those 2 brilliant strikes against Parma. Age means nothing, quality means everything. I hope he returns to the Azzuri to retain the position he owns from that pansie Del Piero. I hope Baggio goes to Udinese, there he will show Trapattoni that he is still the one of the best.
FORZA Baggio, ritorni nella squadra Azzura!

·
International
6,519 Posts
But we don't need Baggio anyway, do we ? :mad:

And, yeah, what does he know, he will never play for AZZURI on WC2002, that's just his dream...

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Toro, I really can't see how Baggio could be in Lazio's starting eleven...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Hey you guys don't call one of the best italian players in the history a liar. In his prime he was better than Crepso, Veri, Ronaldo, and Raul put together. Ofcourse he is old now but he still has the quality and the magic. You would be lucky to have him.

Some of you should show a little respect.

Think smart, think psitive, think success, think Juventus

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
>>>In his prime he was better than Crepso, Veri, Ronaldo, and Raul put together

Couldn't agree more with Malcom

sorry about the gun stuff in that other topic, read my last reply there.

But when thats said I don't think there is any place for Baggio at Olimpico, he should sign for Udinese.

http://www.pro-paul.net\baggio

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
If Baggio could've been a Lazio player, he was our 5th Striker! i'm sorry.
1st and 2nd) Claudio and Crespo
3rd and 4th) Salas and Inzaghino
5th) Baggio.

I think Svennis would rather pick Mancini from the bench instead of Baggio, don't you think?

Every player who doesn't think Lazio is "not too good" for him, shouldn't even be in our Reserve plans.

I'd rather put Carini as a striker....

I guess Piacenza is the club he can get into their 11 Toro.....

do Not overrate Baggio. He's not that bad like i made him, but he's not as good as you decribed him either.

J

·
0 Posts
I think that we need him: when Lopez&Crespo will go playing for Argentina we would have Inzaghi-Baggio as forwards, a good pair. But Aquila is right, he wants a club where will surely play: I think that he did a great mistake when he went to Inter, Baggio is great when is the leader of a team, as he was in Fiorentina and Bologna.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Baggio is the best player ever for ME, everyone else can say what they want to .

In football world I put Baggio in front of everything.

But I'm also sensible and know that Baggio never would have said something sh!t about Lazio , why should he??
it's just the press f***** with our heads.

Forza Baggio

http://www.pro-paul.net\baggio

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
It's a fact, Baggio could get into ANY starting 11 in the world. He is still great. People say that Del Piero is a good player and well worth his salary and Baggio is much much much much better than Del Piero. Lazio is already has too many players for Baggios position so he would not get much playing time with us, but at Udinese he will get to show that he still has brilliance. People in here must not judge players by age but by QUALITY. Look at Hagi and Blanc they are older than Baggio and still starters for their national team(not any more though i think). Baggio must be included in the Azzuri, **** Del Piero off and bring in Roberto.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Roberto Baggio doesn't want to play for Lazio?? That's fine for me, we don't need him anyway.
He should just find a club which give him an opportunity to play more.(Udinese?? or Reggina??)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts