Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly guys, as much as i hate to admit it. I seriously doubt Italy will win the world cup. Here are a few reasons why i think so. This is my opinion

1> Italy go into the world cup as clear favourites to reach the final itself esp. lookin at the draw.

2> Everyone sees Italy as 3rd favourite and this is never good when Italy are favoured.

3> Euro 2000 was a time when there was great Unity in the camp. Lazio had just won the scudetto and it was one of those championships like the next when Roma won it. Everyone was basically willing Lazio to win it save the Juve players. Iuliano Conte Del Piero and Inzaghi. Not very influencial players in teh squad at all. But now...

4> There is absolutely no unity in the squad. None. I think the rivalry and infighting in the Azzurri is back especially in terms of inter team fighting plus the fact that there are bound to be two camps in teh squad now pro-Baggio and anti Baggio.

DiBiagio Maldini and a few others will all have been in the in the Baggio side of teh field.

5> I think if Toldo one of the most passive and non controversial members of Nazionale actually said what he has been reported to say i think its a sign of things to come.

It has been reported that Buffon said Buffon is teh best keeper in Italy and Toldo said "Well if he thinks he is number one well that's his opinion but i showed who was the best at Euro2000"

:eek:

Fighting already? And the reason i believe this is because of what Toldo is quoted to have said after

"I think i am as good as Buffon just like i think INTER is as good as Juve" Pretty nasty huh?

6> And that brings me to my other point.
C.Zanetti.................Zambrotta
DiBiagio...................Del Piero
Materazzi.................Iuliano
Toldo........................Buffon
Vieri

this does not make for pleasant reading.

My playeyrs are especially bitter. I think it can be heard in the comments coming from all out players. I honestly think teh club rivalry has reared its head again in Nazionale. I can't see Buffon and Toldo getting on nor Del Piero as captain of Juve and Materazzi getting on. Iuliano and Materazzi will be direct rivals for first defencive change and while Vieri is unrivaled.....

......we all know how Vieri behaves when he doesn't get the ball to his feet as he likes or in the air. Remember what Vieri said about Del Piero at the last world cup?

"I prefer to play with Baggio, he gives me the ball exactly where i want it, he is like no other strike partner i have had"

7> Where the phuck is Baggio

8> Del Piero is an almost definite starter....HA!!!!!!! Great at Juve and he sucks otherwise in Nazionale.....its the story of his life

9> Most importantly themidfield. C.Zanetti and DiBiagio are my boys. BUT come on......they cannot stand up to Vampeta Emerson and Rivaldo or Zidane Viera and Petit farless SImeone Zanetti Veron and Aimar. Tomassi has returned to that old mediocre player we once knew a few years ago. And him being guaranteed aplace in Italy's starting line up his hilarious. Gattuso is another joke. he seldom directly confronts great mature players in Serie A. But whenever he does he is embarassed. Once such meeting was a year or two ago against INTER when he played right wing against il Capitan. What a joke....Gattuso was an embarassment to the Milan shirt on that day. Imagine that is the whole summary of the Italian centre midfield.

Tomassi......a mediocre player nowadays once again. He's back to his old rubbish play. Hopefully he can step up for the world cup.

Gattuso.....As Glen likes to say......nothing but a headless chicken

DiBiagio.....a decent midfielder but no where in the class of the midfielders Italy have to face to win this world cup.

C.Zanetti......yes a truly classy midfielder.....But he's phuckin 24 man. How can u expect a 24 year old to stand against the likes of Brazil Argentina or France

And friends friends friends......Where TF!!!!!!????? Is the great Massimo Ambrosini. As much as it hurts me to say it esp. after his gloating over INTER losing.....How the hell can trapatoni carry any of these four players above and not carry Massimo Ambrosini.

Massimo is twice the player of all those above put together. Massimo has the class the running and the intelligence that is lacking in all of the above save prob. C.Zanetti. But C.Zanetti is still not as good as Massimo if you ask me.

I....I....i am at a loss...DiLivio? How about Liverani? I..i...cudn't believe it when i saw it. Delvecchio is serving no purpose with Montella and Inzaghi there also. DiLivio is a waste

and last but not least.....:D:D:D

10> Materazzi's attitude :D

Believe me.....materazzi is not backing down on the scudetto. That's all he's thinking about. Trouble in the camp

So here are teh ravesties of Wordl Cup 2002 for Italy

Di Vaio........straight swap........DelSH!TTIO

Baggio................I can really understand leaving Baggio at home but.....i wouldn't have done it to Baggio. What kinda reward is that for what he has brought to football. I was flabber gasted when Baggio was left out. Think back on Baggio. Think about what he has done for Italian football. How could Trap do this to him. This is just evil guys :D:D:D Evil. How could u do this to Roberto Baggio.....Roberto Baggio. :eek: Un be phukin leavable man

Liverani........straight swap.......Di Livio

Ambrosini............just had to go no matter who stayed at home Gattuso probably.

Four of the most dedicated players around...treated disdainfully by trap.

I still hope Italy wins but i find myself not too distracted by teh world cup this time around.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Your Inter bias is showing:rolleyes:

DiBiagio is sh!t, crap, merda:yuck:

Ambrosini should be in the world cup instead of sh!tty, crappy, garbage, old DiBiagio:yuck:

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you even read what i said?

I am Ambrosini's biggest fan on this site.

Your ignorance which is synonymous with AC Milan fans is showing buddy....

read what i said....my INTER bias.....HA!

My INTER bias would not allow me to say Ambrosini is twice as good as DiBiagio and C.Zanetti put to gether would it? WOULD IT?

read buddy......R.E.A.D.

Originally Posted by TAZZ

DiBiagio.....a decent midfielder but no where in the class of the midfielders Italy have to face to win this world cup.

C.Zanetti......yes a truly classy midfielder.....But he's phuckin 24 man. How can u expect a 24 year old to stand against the likes of Brazil Argentina or France

And friends friends friends......Where TF!!!!!!????? Is the great Massimo Ambrosini. As much as it hurts me to say it esp. after his gloating over INTER losing.....How the hell can trapatoni carry any of these four players above and not carry Massimo Ambrosini.

Massimo is twice the player of all those above put together. Massimo has the class the running and the intelligence that is lacking in all of the above save prob. C.Zanetti. But C.Zanetti is still not as good as Massimo if you ask me.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Some truth in some of the points but i would say some points aren't really valid either. I'll try to comment them.

1. We aren't favorites at all, the favorites are France and Argentina, we are a team that has been predicted to go far, but when was the latest time we didn't? the truth is you can never count out italy.

2. isn't this the same point as # 1?

3. hmm ok maybe we had players from more diffrent club teams 2 years ago, but still we have influential players from many teams. Inter(Vieri, Zanetti) Lazio(Nesta) Milan (Coco, Maldini ) Juve( Zambrotta, DP) Parma (Canna) and Roma (Totti, Montella ) what more can we ask for? I still think there's a decent unity in the camp and the most important players in the NT comes from very diffrent team now aswell.

4. Same point as 3 i think, but when a big cup starts we'll always change from a mediocre team to absolute worlclass, The players will fight until the end no matter what. The thing with Baggio won't make an big impact. He didn't even participate in the qualifications so i think it will be better for the team if it stays the same even in the wc.

5+6. There will always be some rivaly but the players gotta except Trap's decisions and don't act like primadonna's. The only thing that bugs me is that DP is always untouchable even if he sucks in the NT. The keepers are very close, Toldo was fantastic in euro 2000 but Buffon seems a little better right now.

7. Yeah he should have played. But Trap didn't want to change anything from the qualifications and he knew that the media would be all hyped if he would been nominated. Trap want's control so he prefered not calling Baggio. That's how it goes when your the country's most popular player of all time!

8. commented it before.

9+10. we don't have a better midfield then Arg, Fra or Por, but Vampeta, Emerson, Petit come on? We are not that bad. If we let Totti play as a playmaker we'll have some creativity and that will help. And if everyone stays fit in our midfield's first lineup we should make it...Tommasi, DiBi, Zanetti are far from bad players, Gattuso is taht kind of player you put up to erase Vieira, very effective hardworking ballwinner, not really a goof player but important. Zanetti is 24, so what? other teams have young midfielders too, it shouldn't be a problem, he has showed in the league how mature he is.

Liverani was awesome last year, not really as good this one, but still a good player. Ambrosini should have been in the team, he's better then DiBi and Tommasi put together, what a shame he wasn't chosen,. Delvecchio and Di Livio haven't done a crap this year so they shouldn't be in the team, but you know Trap used to coach " Il Soldatino" and DelVecchio is seen as the perfect replacement for Vieri, let's pray to god Vieri will stay fit.

Anyway you seem too negative Tazz, but i know you man, this is nothing new. Better critizise the team then call the champs before they have won the cup, that's right :D I don't see them as favorites either and i don't think they will win but REMEMBER never count out Italy. I think we have a decent chance of winning actually ;) But i predict Brazil as champs instead...

FORZA ITALY (3 weeks left to the cup)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Baggio................I can really understand leaving Baggio at home but.....i wouldn't have done it to Baggio. What kinda reward is that for what he has brought to football. I was flabber gasted when Baggio was left out. Think back on Baggio. Think about what he has done for Italian football. How could Trap do this to him. This is just evil guys Evil. How could u do this to Roberto Baggio.....Roberto Baggio. Un be phukin leavable man

Well said! It really was phucking evil of Trap for doing this to such a great footballer. A man who sacrifised lucrative foreign offers just to play in Serie A so he could earn a spot in the national team. He gave his heart and soul for this goal. Baggio would die for wearing his beloved Azzuri shirt once again.
Trapattoni can phuck off for being such a damn fool.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Sounds Scary, Tazz.

These guys are professionals. They have to operate with mutual interest, and I think they have it there. Some of the players are swtiching clubs so I do not believe that it is so extreme. They will not bring the club flag along with them to wage war.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
This mean u are back tazzy? ;)

I agre on the baggio issue.....**** U TRAP!

the mids another great point....ambro aint there and gatusso is, hell i am a MILAN fan and i know gatusso sucks.

LEts just hope Doni starts in the centre..yeah right :rolleyes:

can anyone spell catennciao (cause its obvious i cant)

Lav

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Catenaccio? :D

I hope that's the correct spelling. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
also guys what about corini,a man who has had a phenomenal season and also asta,who was not even given a chance to really impress. both these players cold have rejuvenated the mid., an area that everyone knows italy is lacking,all but trap of course. and the comments about baggio,its a crime not to have included him.one thing i never understand is why the italians don't create a 'b' squad for the nazionale during friendlies.this way we can really see the potential of asta liverani corini perrotta oddo bonera pirlo manfredini and others to name a few?

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
We should use San Marino as our B-team and then play guys Like Corini, Manfredini, Oddo and Pirlo there. Im sure we could have had 2 world cup teams by now. There are just too many good players coming from Italy to only pick 22 for a wc squad.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Tazz, i agree with points, but others are a little far fetched.

i mean, which teams havent got rivalary?? i'm sure Argentina would, so would France.

I'm sure there is trouble between players in every camp.

Materazzi is a fool and he will get over it.

The other players like Vieri, DP, Di Biagio and so on have all been team mates before and i'm sure that their main objectives are to win the WC.

Remember, there will be nothing better than to win the WC, i'm sure the Inter players will forget the scudetto faster than Carl Lewis use to run the 100 metres.

I dont blame Traps for not choosing Baggio as i believe he isnt fit enough and he hasn't had enough playing time to prove himself. remember we are at the WC, we need all our players to be 100%.

But saying that, why was Maldini chosen then?? he is in the same boat as Baggio one would suggest.

also, Traps theory on old players. Baggio, Ferrara and Hubner are to old to make the squad. but its funny how Di Livio made it and he's older than all of them :rolleyes:

Di Vaio was the biggest shock for me, i mean i would have liked for Baggio to make it, but i believe Di Vaio deserved to make it more than Baggio, Inzaghi and Del Vecchio.

And i really thought that Fiore would have made it. i dont see what Di Livio can bring to this side. Fiore has many talents and is very versitile, wasted really.

i would have liked this:
Di Livio out for Fiore
Gutusso out for AMbrosini
Del Vecchio out for Di Vaio

that makes more sense for me. and maybe i would have liked to have Oddo in there for a back up to zambrotta, although Panucci is very as well.

the Del Piero comment surprised me really, i would have thought that after his season, you people would have realised what he can bring to our side.

you are still living in the past, the past wont win you the future.

if Del Piero shouldnt make it due to his misses in the euro or WC, then Baggio shouldnt of been a chance to make it for his penalty miss in WC94. see, its just plain stupid suggesting a player shouldnt be there due to their past.

thats about it for now.

·
Registered
13,104 Posts
Actually there's a big difference: Baggio has performed brilliantly w/ the Azzuri. Del Piero hasn't yet. :depress:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Tazz,

Don't worry be happy....put a Brazil shirt on if you want to smile for 4 straight years, and just wait your hand with 5 fingers to any tosser you see in the street!!!:D :D ;) ;) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whaddup Za.....you promiscuous son of a B!tch

Gotta chek out the brazil forum

:D

As for Brazil....sounds strange coming from me but i really hope R9 kix France's arrogant ass in the 1/4's I still remember Lemmere's words

"Italy haven't beaten France for 20 years"

France will do very well with that nonsense defence to stand against Brazil. especially if Scolari were playing with a back four. Luckily for France Scolari is playing with a back three which cuts down attackingmidfield options

But honestly

Denilson Ronaldo Rivaldo......Lebouf :D:D muhahahhahaha

And the question has also been raised if Brazil can stand up to France. I dunno but for me Brazil's defence is masterful compared to 4 years ago. Remember this is not Jr. Baiano. and a 4 man defence its a 3 man defence of Lucio Edmilson and only one semi good defender in Roque jr. also it fast becomes a 5 man defence with R.Carlos and Cafu coming back from midfield so.....this is no walk over team guys :D

Anyway even if France get past Brazil and some how get past Argentina magically.....as disjointed as this Italian team is :D:D we won't lose to those peeg phuckers again

Italia Italia Italia

riasni

As much as it would pleasure me to see Italy win the world cup with C.Zanetti and DiBiagio at the heart of the defence i know Ambrosini is ten times the player DiBiagio is. For me however if you want to take out aplayer its gotta be DiLivio or Delvecchio first. Cos Vieri doesn't need anymore cover with Montella and Inzaghi already in the squad. and DILivio is just hilarious.

Ambrosini in for Di Livio or Del ****tio

Trap had teh gaul to say AMbrosini didn't have the time to rcover and how he is sorry for him.....PHUCK TRAP!!!!!! What is the purpose of leaving our best midfielder at home under the pretences of insufficient time to recover from an injury when Maldini nor Totti haven't played 90 minutes of football for momths huh. And I can understand Totti but Maldini is 34 he's know kiddie he's a full blown man,

Trap prob., wanted to leave Maldini home too but he knows that the Italian public would lynch his @RSE so he had to.

S.O.B.!!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
riasni said:
Wake up Trap!!!!

DiBiagio out for Ambrosini!!!!
I agree. I have been saying this for some time now.

DiBiagio is sh!t, crap, merda

Ambrosini should be in the world cup instead of sh!tty, crappy, garbage, old DiBiagio

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
For as much as I read, how deep your sympathy to Ambrossini and really against DiBiaggio.. just face it.. Ambro can't join the NT.. It sad and really bother everyone just like Baggio can't make it to the NT.. but, it's how can we make it to the champion in the world with well... the squad we have right now..

Don't phuck on Trap.. that's so nasty :)..
But, I think Dino Zoff is a lot better person than him... and I would loveee if he can be Azzuri coach again :)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Tazz,
Could not agree more with you about France. Also, i don't know if you have noticed but France and Argentina have already won the world cup...... but their biggest mistake is that they have forgotten to tell the other teams about that! Specially to Felipao.

Actually, concnering the 3 men defense, i know is not good for RBazil etc..etc..etc.. BUT it will be very difficult for a team to score agaisnt us witha 3 men defense AND an EMERSON (as much as i hate this guy) and Giberto Silva in the middle. Speically when you consider Henry.....his speed will be overshadowed by Lucio and his skill, well his skill is average if you compare to other players, specially BRazilian ones. Emerson can take care of Zidane, and as Felipao is a violent man, he will tell each player to give Zidane a tough tackle in every 10 minutes of playing time.

I see us going all the way tazz....specially cause the world is underestimating us so much. Plus the variety of tactical options we have is imense, with Denilson cmoing in the second half for the place of the horrible Roque Jr. Edmilson will definitly earn a place inthe team during the cup.! Remember, Denilson will always need 2 men marking him, plus ROnaldo, plus R. Gaucho pluys Rivaldo.....with Edilson, Luizao , Kaka, a J. Paulista on the bench we are looking VERY GOOD!!!!

Just one guy missing....the GENIUS, THE COCKINESS OF THE GREATEST CENTER FORWARD EVER........... ROMARIO!!!!:proud: :proud: :proud: ;) :cool:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Tazz,
Could not agree more with you about France. Also, i don't know if you have noticed but France and Argentina have already won the world cup...... but their biggest mistake is that they have forgotten to tell the other teams about that! Specially to Felipao.

Actually, concnering the 3 men defense, i know is not good for RBazil etc..etc..etc.. BUT it will be very difficult for a team to score agaisnt us witha 3 men defense AND an EMERSON (as much as i hate this guy) and Giberto Silva in the middle. Speically when you consider Henry.....his speed will be overshadowed by Lucio and his skill, well his skill is average if you compare to other players, specially BRazilian ones. Emerson can take care of Zidane, and as Felipao is a violent man, he will tell each player to give Zidane a tough tackle in every 10 minutes of playing time.

I see us going all the way tazz....specially cause the world is underestimating us so much. Plus the variety of tactical options we have is imense, with Denilson cmoing in the second half for the place of the horrible Roque Jr. Edmilson will definitly earn a place inthe team during the cup.! Remember, Denilson will always need 2 men marking him, plus ROnaldo, plus R. Gaucho pluys Rivaldo.....with Edilson, Luizao , Kaka, a J. Paulista on the bench we are looking VERY GOOD!!!!

Just one guy missing....the GENIUS, THE COCKINESS OF THE GREATEST CENTER FORWARD EVER........... ROMARIO!!!!:proud: :proud: :proud: ;) :cool:
Very wishful thinking pal !!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Go ahead guys......keep under estimating Brazil

Za.....tell me is this Gilberto the same one who was at INTER..cos i have always thought he had great great skills and just another talent wasted on European football and incompetent coaching.

Imagine Marcelinho cudn't make it in Europe :eek: Some IDIOT COACH!!!!! Vampeta met another idiot at INTER phukin idiot s.o.b. Tardelli

And one more thing Za....didn't Scolari play Vampeta and Emerson together in midfield?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts