Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys Senol Gunes said that he will stay with the National team until 2004. This is bad news, do I need to say more ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
why is this bad news????he is a good coach.he led turkey to the semis when everybody said turkey will get elimanated in the group stages.i am happy he is gonna stay.i think you all will agree he is better than denizli...

go turkiye
go besiktas

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
All i can say is I defnitely prefer him much more than Denizli. Denizli is just awful.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I HATE HIM SO MUCHHHHH ... SENOL GUNES SUCKSSSS:devil:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Let´s get Bielsa from Argentina if he gets sacked. Hell, I would go with Bruno Metsu than coban Senol. He aint the one who took us this far...it´s the players. Let him stay at the hotel and we will win against Korea. Man.... I have never seen such a low life coach as Senol Gunes....he don´t know which players who suit which tactic. Sending Tayfun home...playing hakan........and of course the biggest misstake of all.......substituting Yildiray in the first game.

He has no carisma whatsoever....the players don´t like him and neither does the fans.

·
*the drum drum*
42,895 Posts
Senol Gunes' stupidity was at its most evident in the South Korea game...

For the first 6 games, he refused to give Hakan a strike partner (Ilhan or Arif)...
Against South Korea, he finally gave them a start together, and what happened?
11 secs - Ilhan passes to Hakan who scores...
13 mins - Ilhan passes to Hakan, who passes back to Ilhan who scores..
35 mins - Ilhan to Hakan, back to Ilhan who scores again...

Hakan - 1 goal, 2 assists
Ilhan - 2 goals, 1 assist...

Istifa!!! :devil:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I thought the parntership between Hakan and Ilhan was superb. It was a shame they were not field earlier. This could be the last time we see them parnter together. Hakan gonna retire form International scene. Maybe the future partnership will be between Hasan Sas and Ilhan. Wonder they will reap the same fruit as Hakan and Ilhan partnership?

·
*the drum drum*
42,895 Posts
A future partnership will probably involve Fenerbahçe striker Serhat....Or at least hopefully :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
The people who slag Günes off are very missguided IMHO, sure he's made mistakes, but has shown that he has learnt from them! He now has the experience of leading us to the world cup and taking us to 3rd place!

My criticism of Günes has always been the fact that he played Hakan up front, ALONE. I think that Hakan's poor performances are partly due to him not having a striking partner... Just look at how brilliantly Hakan played with Ilhan against S.Korea, scoring the fastes goal in WC history and setting up Ilhan's two goals!!! But I can see Günes's reasons for the lone-striker tactic, he was cautious and didn't want to concede goals. I just wish he would'f been braver and played Hakan and Ilhan together against Brazil!

Anyway, I digress... If you don't want Günes then you should be putting across an argument as to why and provide another argument for who you think should replace him with your reasons... Don't say things like "Günes is useless" as that doesn't mean anything and certainly doesn't help!

Briefly, I personally want Günes to stay because:
1. I want a Turkish manager (the reasons for this should be obvious).
2. He has acquired a wealth of experience from the world cup (from the qualifiers to 3rd place).
3. He has a bond with the players (again reasons are obvious).
4. He has proven that he is tactically clever (we've never lost badly or been outplayed by anyone, even Brazil!)

For all those who don't want Günes, let me start the ball rolling, why don't you make an argument for us to take on say, Hiddink? He's a good manager with a proven record and he's available!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts