Xtratime Community banner

161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
47,963 Posts
The Jurassic World. Even in Imax 3D it wasn't really that huge of a spectacle. only the beginning when they were introducing the park was somewhat enjoyable...as soon as the "action and suspense" part started it became pretty stupid and far-fetched (especially the whole "using the raptors as military weapons" part which was also quite central to the plot so there was really no way to ignore it). 4.5/10

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
yeah, I liked how they just left the T-Rex at the end and just forgot about it like it's not a problem and can just roam around!

·
extraterrestrial
1,859 Posts
The Jurassic World. Even in Imax 3D it wasn't really that huge of a spectacle. only the beginning when they were introducing the park was somewhat enjoyable...as soon as the "action and suspense" part started it became pretty stupid and far-fetched (especially the whole "using the raptors as military weapons" part which was also quite central to the plot so there was really no way to ignore it). 4.5/10

Didn't watch Jurassic world, you figure reboot of old classics is getting as old as dinosaurs by now

But the recent Godzilla installment, was just something else, it went from bad, to worse to disgrace in the span of 30 minutes or so, suddenly Bryan Cranston is killed off, Godzilla was teasing his human audience with
hiding his/her face behind buildings, with the occasional wink:smileani:

And beyond 50 minutes, i realized i was stuck with current generation fan favorite Aarn Taylor-whatever for the rest of the movie, i attempted to save what ever is left of my dignity by walking out of the theater:wallbang:

Cloverfield was the last monster, dinosaur, giant invading mutant, that was done right!

watch?v=z8wRyimbzW8

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I avoid these movies like the plague. Horrendous... when you solely rely on over the top CGI that lowers the stock of any modern movie (quality wise). The fact that Jurassic Park appeared more realistic says it all.

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
They just can't be worse than Noah , sorry .
well its just because Taken was sooo good that it kind of ruined that so is why Taken 2 is my number 1!

Noah was always going to be terrible, and although Taken 2 was obviously never going to be better than the first one, it should never of been soooo bad!

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
yeah, I liked how they just left the T-Rex at the end and just forgot about it like it's not a problem and can just roam around!
Yes, they basically ended up in the same situation that was the worst possible disaster in the original Jurassic Park...:shakepalm:

That film was just incredibly badly written any way you look at it. Gotta love the dinosaurs, though.

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
Yes, they basically ended up in the same situation that was the worst possible disaster in the original Jurassic Park...:shakepalm:

That film was just incredibly badly written any way you look at it. Gotta love the dinosaurs, though.
haha yeee

and the woman sprinting around in her heels!!:howler:

special effects were superb, and Chris Pratt is great and all, but yee wasnt great

·
extraterrestrial
1,859 Posts
I avoid these movies like the plague. Horrendous... when you solely rely on over the top CGI that lowers the stock of any modern movie (quality wise). The fact that Jurassic Park appeared more realistic says it all.
It was a forced showing tbh, one of the few times, I'd justify going with the mistress to the cinema, for the enhanced sound effects, and so forth,

But surprisingly that was the last time, i been to the movies

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
haha yeee

and the woman sprinting around in her heels!!:howler:

special effects were superb, and Chris Pratt is great and all, but yee wasnt great
I'll never buy Chris Pratt as an action hero, though. I've seen too much Parks and recreations for that...

Of course I didn't expect the movie to be any good, I just wanted to see the ****ing dinosaurs. I owe that to my dinosaur-loving eight year-old self whose high point in life was seeing some crappy 80s fibreglass dinosaurs.

But still, did they have to make it that stupid? Velociraptors for the army? They could have their silly adventure with the usual wholesome mix of white people surviving the carnage. But at least try to have some sense in it and not just fast-forward to the special effects. The original Jurassic Park was like that. A childish story, but harmless enough that it won't annoy you while you enjoy the dinosaurs.

With this one, I was just pissed off for most of the film.

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
ha yeah true, cant shake Andy Dwyer from mind when seeing him!
-vMpfbuI9FY

·
Registered
23,828 Posts
I saw some bits from Pompeii, it was about as bad as you can expect. The entire population was killed in ways that Pompeii historically didn't really kill people. And the hero prioritised everything but survival, hell even the bad guy was more interested in fighting the hero than actually surviving.

·
Registered
29,298 Posts
Lol, lame topic for a movie.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Fantastic Four.

Save your money and time, don't go see it.

161 - 180 of 206 Posts