Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a note, this is not a provocation post.

Well, after the terrible WC draw you guys had, and now with so many injuries, do you think someone has cursed argentina in the last few months?:confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
just a note, this is not a provocation post.

Well, after the terrible WC draw you guys had, and now with so many injuries, do you think someone has cursed argentina in the last few months?:confused: :rolleyes:

Could it be Brazil?

No i´m joking, the draw has nothing ti do with it, it was juts luck, after all our group in 98 was really the easiest of all, and look how we did...

about the injuries, well we are reincorporated our players little by little, so the bad luck is going away, i hope....

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
The draw is the draw. Like S.Zeppelin said in '98 we had an easy draw and look at how things turned out. The situation regarding our injuries has certainly improved. Everyone is almost back. Simeone returned last weekend and he was out since last September.

Look at England they have been dogged by injuies and now Beckham may miss the WC with a broken foot. A number of other teams have sufferd from some injuries as well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes ... I agree.

Does anyone out there think it is significant that Beckham's injury was due to an Argentine defender, Pedro Duschler ? I mean in the forum we have bitched about the bad luck to the Argentine players. Bet the English fans are saying the same thing and they could concoct some theory about Duschler's role. Duschler says it was unintended and he was later red carded for some later tackle.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Philander said:
Yes ... I agree.

Does anyone out there think it is significant that Beckham's injury was due to an Argentine defender, Pedro Duschler ? I mean in the forum we have bitched about the bad luck to the Argentine players. Bet the English fans are saying the same thing and they could concoct some theory about Duschler's role. Duschler says it was unintended and he was later red carded for some later tackle.
i think it was just a coincidence, Duscher isn´t even in the Argentina Nt, so i don't think he wanted to injure Bekcham, it was a misfurtune, i'm sorry for the English, it must be a tough blow for them.

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Much as I think that Duscher's tackle was unintentional, I believe he is really a butcher. Whenever I see him play, he seems to go hard on all the players he is tackling:rolleyes:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah, looking at England, Argentina in comparison have it good. I hate it when people talk about bad luck. Argentina have a such a large squad that no player is bigger than the team, which is to the detriment of teams like England (Beckham).

Whats this about a tough group? It maybe tough for Sweden, Nigeria or England, but for Argentina its gonna be a piece of piss. If anyone is serious about them winning the WC, and in style, then they should fly through this group. There's only one team I can see as a threat to our destiny and thats France.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
leg100 said:
Yeah, looking at England, Argentina in comparison have it good. I hate it when people talk about bad luck. Argentina have a such a large squad that no player is bigger than the team, which is to the detriment of teams like England (Beckham).

Whats this about a tough group? It maybe tough for Sweden, Nigeria or England, but for Argentina its gonna be a piece of piss. If anyone is serious about them winning the WC, and in style, then they should fly through this group. There's only one team I can see as a threat to our destiny and thats France.
i agree on paper Sweden and Nigeria don't seem as much of a threat as say England, and we should win this group with not much sweating if we want to win the Wc.

But beware...it won't be easy, we can't understimate anyone, because on any given day anyone can beat you.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Really unfortunate about Duscher being involved. Now his name will forever be linked to Beckham's just like Marcio to Zico and Gentile to Maradona. Bet you the commentators on ESPN this WC will take every opportunity to mention Duscher's tackle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts