Xtratime Community banner

Will West Brom go back too the Premier League at the first attempt

  • Yes

    Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

    Votes: 4 33.3%

  • Total voters
    12
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At the end of the last season I was thinking that it will be a bussy summer as it was expected that likes of Gera, Ina, Robinson, Ellington, Greening, Davies... leave. I thought it will take time to rebuild the team and this season might be a waste.
Robson did great work, he kept the team despite many offers that came since the first days of summer, I have no idea what did he do to convince Gera and Davies to stay, both of them where close to leave, especially Davies for whom teams offered double of price that WB payed last summer to Luton.

With recent transfer (Shittu) defence problem is solved, there are 2 players for each position:
RB Albrechtsen & Watson, also young Hodgkiss
CB Davies, Perry, Shittu, Gaardsoe, Forsyth
LB Robinson, Clement

Midfield looks good aswell:
RM Gera, Chaplow
CM Wallwork, Quashie, Carter, Inamoto, R Davies
LM Greening, Kamara

Only thing remains attack, another striker should be signed in case of possible injuries, or if Ellington will be out of form as he was most of last season:
Hartson, Ellington, Nicholson, Nardiello


With this team it shouldnt be a problem to end in top 3 this season, I mean even with the reserves WB would still be decent (likes of Hodgkiss, Clement, Gaardsoe, Inamoto, Chaplow, Kamara, Carter, Nicholson)



1st ? :shades:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,104 Posts
Well when the poll comes up...yeah 1st :)

Word of warning, the team I have tipped to win the league have not even made the play offs for the last 3 seasons ;)
 

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
12,813 Posts
Ellington will be sold to Wigan in the next week so the rumour goes.

He has said he doesn't want to play for us again.

So striker position is a desperate position for us at present.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,104 Posts
Balis-of-Steel said:
Ellington will be sold to Wigan in the next week so the rumour goes.

He has said he doesn't want to play for us again.

So striker position is a desperate position for us at present.
What a tit this guy is, it will be just right if you go up and Wigan come down this season, it'll show what a complete idiot this guy is when choosing where to play his football :howler:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,966 Posts
That's pretty annoying from Ellington, but I guess players can be like that sometimes. However, I think we can bounce straight back up, as we have kept most of the squad together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Robson wont let him go :hopefull: ....I belive he'll stay, at least until january, it would be a risk to sell him now in the beggining of the season and when there's nobody else to play with Hartson in front.


PS. please add a poll to this thread, related to the thread title 'will WB go back to premierleague'
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,104 Posts
Tifo AC said:
PS. please add a poll to this thread, related to the thread title 'will WB go back to premierleague'
There you go :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,966 Posts
Tifo AC said:
Robson wont let him go :hopefull: ....I belive he'll stay, at least until january, it would be a risk to sell him now in the beggining of the season and when there's nobody else to play with Hartson in front.


PS. please add a poll to this thread, related to the thread title 'will WB go back to premierleague'
Couldn't Kamara also play up front in a pinch?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jimbo :thumbsup:
that 100% result looks very good :D

Naervod
Kamara is out for at least one more month I guess, and I dont know... he didnt look a good finisher last season, he does it all but cant score, he fits better as a winger IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,070 Posts
West Brom have a very good team this season, it's got the look of a Premiership team not a team in the Championship. On paper you along with Birmingham have the best squads in the division IMO and are favourites to go up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
Robson is a idoit shouldnt of sold earnshaw and he kept ****ing around with his strikers last season Ellington should of been playing every week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ala duba doi said:
Robson is a idoit shouldnt of sold earnshaw and he kept ****ing around with his strikers last season Ellington should of been playing every week.

He wasnt at his best last season, actually he still isnt at his best.

Yes... Earnshaw now would be better choise. The money from his transfer was supposed to be used this summer.


----------------
7:1
more votes plz :hopefull:
 

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
12,813 Posts
I'm annoyed abut the lack of strikers, but I really fancy that Nugent from Preston, he scored in Englands U21 game last night too. He would be a great signing IMO.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,104 Posts
Balis-of-Steel said:
I'm annoyed abut the lack of strikers, but I really fancy that Nugent from Preston, he scored in Englands U21 game last night too. He would be a great signing IMO.
You got plenty of cash to splash?

I'd guess it'd take 3 million to get Preston too sell.

Looks like Lupoli is deffo coming to us :D
 

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
12,813 Posts
yeah cos apparantly we couldn't guarentee him 1st team footy.
What and Derby will? yeah right.

Don't suppose its got anything to do with us not selling Davies to them ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,104 Posts
Balis-of-Steel said:
yeah cos apparantly we couldn't guarentee him 1st team footy.
What and Derby will? yeah right.

Don't suppose its got anything to do with us not selling Davies to them ;)
Well currently standing in his way of a first team spot at Derby as 2nd striker is...the invisable man :lala:

I'm sure his mate Ryan Smith had a word as well...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If its a loan what we'r looking for than it better be a veteran striker, Radzinski for ex, but when it comes to spending money for long term solution than a younger striker like Nugent or McSheffrey would be better

...so you can keep Lupolli :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,104 Posts
Albion said:
...so you can keep Lupolli :D
We will, because you've got no chance of getting McSheffrey and little of getting Nugent, the only way I see either leaving is straght to the Premiership.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top