Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Credit where it's due: this exercise was inspired by this thread on the Serbian forum, created by SerbianPatriot. ;)
--------------------------------

1) Best player on the team (overall):

2) Most skillful player:

3) Most overrated player:

4) Most underrated player:

5) Heart-of-a-lion player:

6) Best goal of the qualifying/friendlies:

7) Best substitute:

8) Most easily replaceable starter:

9) Most unforgivable absence from the squad:

----

10) WC Predictions

Vs North Korea:
Vs Ivory Coast:
Vs Portugal:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
My answers:
1) Kaka, both for his contributions inside the pitch and for the fact that we still haven't found a real alternative. Diego flopped again and again and again until Dunga gave up on him; Alex didn't impress when he was tested (and he didn't get as many chances as Diego); Alex from Fenerbahce was never tested by Dunga at all :mad:, and now we're apparently stuck with Julio Baptista. Which means that if Kaka gets injured we're fvcked. :stress:

2) Looking at the squad, it's probably Daniel Alves - a reserve. Which is a disturbing thought. :mute:

3) Robinho. I honestly hope he's left out of the final list. Luis Fabiano-Nilmar-Pato-Adriano FTW. :stuckup:

4) Elano. He is better than most people give him credit for. :thumbsup:

5) Lucio: Still a monster after all these years. :proud:

6) Brasil's 3rd goal in our 3x1 victory against Argentina in Argentina - a masterful pass by Kaka, and an outstanding finish by Luis Fabiano. :star:

[tub]4ypPILgAIBQ[/tub]

7) Daniel Alves, who would be a starter in any other team in the world.

8) My first thought was Gilberto Silva, for whom Josue is a good reserve, and then I thought of Juan, for whom we have class subs such as Thiago Silva and Miranda; but in the end it has to be Maicon, whose reserve is Daniel Alves. :happy:

9) I'll be absolutely biased here and say that Leandro Guerreiro from Botafogo would be 10x better than Gilberto Silva. :D :drunk: That's my drunken answer and I'm sticking with it!, at least until I'm sober. :err:

10) If I have to guess, here it goes:

Brasil 4x0 North Korea
Brasil 2x1 Ivory Coast
Brasil 2x2 Portugal

:shades: What do you think?

·
Hexacampeão
1,462 Posts
1) Best player on the team (overall): Júlio César (wouldn't be surprised with Fabuloso, Lúcio)

2) Most skillful player: Kaká, I guess.

3) Most overrated player: Robinho...:(

4) Most underrated player: Elano

5) Heart-of-a-lion player: Lúcio

6) Best goal of the qualifying/friendlies: Luis Fabiano's goal vs Argentina. I'm probably missing a better one, but this was the most memorable for me.

7) Best substitute: Dani Alves

8) Most easily replaceable starter: Robinho (for Nilmar)

9) Most unforgivable absence from the squad: Anyone for Gilberto Silva :howler:

----

10) WC Predictions

Vs North Korea: 5-0
Vs Ivory Coast: 1-0
Vs Portugal: 2-1

·
Hexacampeão
1,462 Posts
LOL, we pretty much have the same answers.

BTW, you didn't answer #9 and made #10 into #9. Still hungover after the title? :p

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW, you didn't answer #9 and made #10 into #9. Still hungover after the title? :p
If by "hungover" you mean "drunk" then yes. A lot of booze was required to get me through that last match. :D

But I'll correct that mistake right now.

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
Diego flopped again and again and again until Dunga gave up on him
Not true at all.

Diego never had the same amount of chances in a row than other players who played much worse than him. Fact.

As soon as Dunga will be sacked - that means after the World Cup - Diego will be starter for many years to come :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
1. Best player on the team = Julio Cesar

2. Most skillfull player = Lucio :smileani:

3. Most overated player = Fabiano

4. Most underated player = Lucio (people dont give him enough credit!)

5. Heart of a lion = Lucio

6. Best goal in qual = Robinho's Goal against Venezuela

7. Best sub = Daniel Alves

8. Most easily rep starter = the left back position :rollani:

9. Most unforgivable absence = any midfielder who can replace Gilberto Silva

10. World cup predictions =

Brasil 3 - 1 North Korea

Brasil 2 - 2 Ivory Coast

Brasil 1 - 1 Portugal

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Credit where it's due: this exercise was inspired by this thread on the Serbian forum, created by SerbianPatriot. ;)
--------------------------------

1) Best player on the team (overall):

2) Most skillful player:

3) Most overrated player:

4) Most underrated player:

5) Heart-of-a-lion player:

7) Best substitute:

8) Most easily replaceable starter:

9) Most unforgivable absence from the squad:

----

10) WC Predictions

Vs North Korea:
Vs Ivory Coast:
Vs Portugal:
Re Robinho.........this is when I believe you really do not know what you are talking about.

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
1) Best player on the team (overall): Julio Cesar

2) Most skillful player: Robinho

3) Most overrated player: Julio Baptista

4) Most underrated player: Felipe Melo

5) Heart-of-a-lion player: Luis Fabiano

[tub]XujUHKXCREY[/tub]

7) Best substitute: Daniel Alves

8) Most easily replaceable starter: Elano

9) Most unforgivable absence from the squad: Diego

----

10) WC Predictions

Vs North Korea: 2-0
Vs Ivory Coast: 1-1
Vs Portugal: 3-1

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
We are predicting whos gonna be the best/worst players in the World Cup or we are just saying whos the best today?

Today = bold
In the WC (my prediction) = italic

1) Best player on the team: Júlio C. / Needs to be Kaka, otherwise we'll flop badly because of dunga's system

2) Most skillful player: Robinho / Ronaldinho

3) Most overrated player: Kaka / we can't predict this...

4) Most underrated player: Needs to Be G. Silva because everyone (myself included) thinks he sucks but he's our captain and we won everything with him on the team... / ...

5) Heart-of-a-lion player: Lúcio / Lúcio

6) Best goal of the qualifying/friendlies: 1 - Robinho putting Nesta to dance against Italy. 2 - Elano after a great triangulation between RG, Robinho and himself. (against Italy too) / ...

7) Best substitute: D. Alves / O Fenômeno :proud:

8) Most easily replaceable starter: Elano / ...

9) Most unforgivable absence from the squad: ... / Pato

----

10) WC Predictions
Vs Ivory Coast: 2-1
Vs Portugal: 2-3

As soon as Dunga will be sacked - that means after the World Cup - Diego will be starter for many years to come :thumbsup:
lol:howler:

sure..

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
Its no myth OBaixinho. If Kaka will fail again his national team career is basically over and he will be ruled out to make room to present a new era. And no other coach than Dunga will call Julio Baptista as his successor. :drunk:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
am I the only one who thinks we're going to win the three group matches?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re Robinho.........this is when I believe you really do not know what you are talking about.
Hey, if he's included in the final list I do hope Robinho proves me wrong. He certainly has the skills and technique to do the job brilliantly, as he has done many times. And having his position under pressure may be the ideal environment for someone with an ego as bloated a Robinho's. I guess time will tell.

Its no myth OBaixinho. If Kaka will fail again his national team career is basically over and he will be ruled out to make room to present a new era.
I find that hard to believe.

And no other coach than Dunga will call Julio Baptista as his successor. :drunk:
The fact that several other coaches before Dunga have also called Baptista for the NT suggests otherwise. Again, time will tell. I do agree that he can't be Kaka's "successor" - but assuming that we'll need a "successor" for Kaka so soon is a huge assumption.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Robinho´s ego never was a problem when it came to performing, his issues so far have been due to injuries. And as far as Adriano all you need to see is him against Gremio when he received a long ball from Petkovic on the right with the right side of the goal wide open and he tries to shoot with his left foot.

Not only he is packing extra weight but his right foot is nonexistent.

Unfortunatly Dunga has some issues with Pato (rumors) because we should take Robinho, Luis Fabiano, Pato and Nilmar. If Fabiano gets injured I trust in Nilmar to take the CF.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
1) Best player on the team (overall): Dani Alves - defense + attack + crossing + set peices. He's not the best right back, Maicon is better at that position, but overall Dani is a jewel because he goes anywhere.

2) Most skillful player: Kaka - no doubt about it

3) Most overrated player: Robinho - great player, but all his skills are overshadowed by his lack of brain

4) Most underrated player: Maicon - If it werent for him, we wouldnt have shot on goals sometimes.

5) Heart-of-a-lion player: Lucio - pure heart, and champ. great leader.

6) Best goal of the qualifying/friendlies: Elano against Equador after that Robinho hocus pocus circus trick. Absolutely love it!

7) Best substitute: Dani Alves

8) Most easily replaceable starter: Robinho. Nilmar or Pato are just as good.

9) Most unforgivable absence from the squad: Pato. He used to be average, but his form is greatly picking up.

10) WC Predictions

Vs Ivory Coast: 1-1
Vs Portugal: 2-2

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
Robinho was overrated 1,5 / 2 years ago... Nowadays I can't find a single robinho supporter. Somehow, even with the support of galvão/globo, he managed to turn away most of his fans. Everyone hates his 'circus-football'... How can he be overrated? Everyone that I know hates him.

Only Dunga overrates him.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts