Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a mail today saying Hungary will play France in a Friendly in Metz France on 31st May.

Metz is only 40 mins from Luxembourg !!!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

For any Francophones here's the news!!

Equipe de France : France-Hongrie
le lundi 18 avril 2005 - 11h40
Les Bleus à Metz

L'équipe de France disputera un dernier match amical cette saison, contre la Hongrie, le mardi 31 mai à 21 heures au stade Symphorien à Metz. Ce match remplace, à la demande de Raymond Domenech, celui qui avait été projeté début juin en Chine, annulé par la FFF pour raisons financières. Cette rencontre amicale sera le dernier rendez-vous de la saison 2004-05 pour les Bleus.

Elle aura lieu le lendemain du match de bienfaisance opposant, à l'initiative de Fabien Barthez, Toulouse (L1) aux champions du monde 1998 au Stadium de Toulouse. L'équipe de France aura ensuite un nouveau rendez-vous le 17 août face à l'Argentine, en amical au Stade de France, avant de replonger dans les éliminatoires de la Coupe du monde 2006.

«Cette équipe a besoin de faire des matches, pour se roder. On essaie d'en faire quand il y a des espaces (dans le calendrier). On a un groupe d'une trentaine de joueurs, ces matches-là servent aussi à construire à moyen terme», avait insisté le sélectionneur le 31 mars. Pas hostile à l'opportunité d'aller en Chine, début juin, le sélectionneur voulait un dernier rassemblement avant la finale de la Coupe de France, le 4 juin, qui marquera la fin de saison.

La Hongrie est actuellement quatrième du groupe 8 des qualifications pour la Coupe du monde, derrière la Croatie, la Suède et la Bulgarie, après 2 victoires (Islande et Malte), 1 nul (Bulgarie) et 2 défaites (Croatie et Suède). L'équipe de France jouera contre les Iles Féroé le 3 septembre avant d'aller défier l'Irlande à Dublin pour une rencontre qui s'annonce décisive.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just checked and I have my pass out! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You know, God is good!!! I was planning to go to Edinburgh the week before for the Leicester Tigers rugby Euro cup final (assuming they win the semi next Sunday). However my wife wanted to do something that weekend so I bit my lip and decided Edinburgh was out.

So I get rewarded with Hungary coming to town (or near as!!) :lick: :lick:

OK...one might say with the current team ...that's not much of a reward! :flirt:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bentex said:
Hungaria is right, we do have Mr Breaking news among us :D

Has the news already been posted? Or did I really break this news to the forum?

I don't have time to read all posts!

Bentex I noticed yo're bidding for a zaszlo on Ebay. As soon as I saw the match I started to look up flags and scarfs. I'll need to fly some colours. Anyone know where I can get a good scarf?

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Ultrafox said:
Has the news already been posted? Or did I really break this news to the forum?

we all already discussed it :D

Ultrafox said:
Bentex I noticed yo're bidding for a zaszlo on Ebay. As soon as I saw the match I started to look up flags and scarfs.
hehe, yes I am ....it will be my fifth zászló :D
I already have one the same, but I want one for above my PC ...... and one for when I go to see Gera play :cool:
another is in a frame on the wall- full of signitures, another is boksz events .... the other is too small. maybe that will go in my kitchen :thmbup:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bentex said:
we all already discussed it :D
Not a thread topic! :nono: Did you know this it would be played at Metz the nearest ground to me (apart from the Lux national stadium?). :rollani:

I've already raised a gang from work to come along! We're awaiting detals of when tickets go on sale..... but maybe you know that too! :sweeteye: :sweeteye:

So where can I get a good Hungarian scarf? :shades:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Máté said:
I can get one here and send it for free to Lux :)
You'd just have to pick it up from here:

:D
Seriously ? :happy:

I'll do it :thumbsup: What's the building?? Part of the Euro Commission?

Lux is so small I could get to anywhere at lunchtime! :howler:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so who's coming over???

Tickets will be sold via FC Metz outlets...usually Auchan, which is around the corner from me!

(Continued from State of the NT thread)

Bentex....from UK you could fly to Luxembourg and it only a 40 min drive.

Cheap options ...fly Stansted to Hahn Germany (ryanair) 2 hr drive, to Metz!

Paris to Metz is DEAD Easy!! I do it at least twice a year. The probably is the time.It takes 3 hours on a straight fairly quiet motorway.

I'll continue the debate on the new thread.

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Ultrafox said:
Bentex....from UK you could fly to Luxembourg and it only a 40 min drive.

ok, please give details .... do you still work at the airport?

please say they fly from east midlands! :)
if not Birmingham is okay....others I will see.

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
here is an exlusive pics of Raymond Domenech's new strike force in Training for their huge game againts us.

1 - 20 of 230 Posts