Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think should be our best bet for the right hand side, either in midfield or in attack (depending on the formation)?

Four of the leading contenders currently claiming ownership of that position, in my opinion, are:-

- Camoranesi
- Semioli
- Marchionni
- Esposito

Who do you think is the best choice? Maybwe we should make a poll out of this one after we brainstorm more candidates. :excited:

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
In a 442, 3412 or 4231 formation Camoranesi is pretty much the only choise available.

In a 4312, where more focus is placed on the wing-backs, I don't see Camoranesi necessarily playing, but rather a natural defensive mid supporting a deep playmaker a la Pirlo.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
4-2-3-1 Marchionni is the BEST suited one. He is more dangerous then Camoranesi and is a better crosser. He likes to run at spaces (for instance if you could see versus Inter, too bad that he couldn't stop the ball properly).

4-4-2 Marchionni is best suited if you want just crosses.

3-4-1-2, a deffensive one is best. Like Fuser back in the days

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Valdrin said:
4-2-3-1 Marchionni is the BEST suited one. He is more dangerous then Camoranesi and is a better crosser. He likes to run at spaces (for instance if you could see versus Inter)
That's probably only due to the fact that Coco struggled the entire time with his lack of match fitness.. but Marchionni did have a terrific game.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Sorry but Marchionni has been all over his Right flank regardless of his opponent. It's not that Coco wasn't matchfit but Marchionni is REALLY good but I guess that's the price he has to pay for playing for Parma. There are really no other better right wingers in Serie A. None that I can think of. Cafu, yea, but he plays the typical Wingback which Marchionni doesn't.

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
I'd prefer to see a 4-2-3-1 with wingbacks [ Italy have quite a few quality ones ], and instead of AML or AMRs, attacking minded midfielders who constantly change positions.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
He switched over when Mancini took off Coco. I think it was Mijhavolich who came on, I'm not really sure who replaced Coco but Zanetti did play on that side at the end of the game.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I may be alone in this but I do think that Semioli has been playing well all season. The few times I saw him he has been really pacey and his crossing ability impressed me as well. Am I alone in this? :D

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think we should talk about the 4-4-2 since lippi seems fixed on it. Camoranesi has played fairly well this season. I still dont completely like him as a player. Marchionni is a player i like, and one which i would like to see get more of a chance. lets face the facts, if he was at juve, milan, roma or inter, he would be in the NT. i really dont understand why he isnt there.

but if i had it my way, i would have the 4-3-1-2 formation with gattuso on the right side of Pirlo.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
CUG said:
i think we should talk about the 4-4-2 since lippi seems fixed on it. Camoranesi has played fairly well this season. I still dont completely like him as a player. Marchionni is a player i like, and one which i would like to see get more of a chance. lets face the facts, if he was at juve, milan, roma or inter, he would be in the NT. i really dont understand why he isnt there.
Well spoken my friend :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Lets face it, people only prefer Marchionni beause he is actually Italian even if Camoranesi is th better player.

OK Marchionni plays well for a team in 17th place, it doesnt mean hes better than Camo.

I do think it depends on the formation though. Still in the 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 I would play Camo but in the 4-3-3 then Esposito is a decent choice.

Apart from being Argentinian I dont undertsand the hatred towards Camo. He is a class act and a class player. Marchionni and Esposito are more direct and that can be a benefit with the current Italy team. Camo would probably look much better in the Argentina team.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Deano said:
Lets face it, people only prefer Marchionni beause he is actually Italian even if Camoranesi is th better player.
You've only heard that from Verdi, NO ONE else so making a statement like that is pretty bald.

OK Marchionni plays well for a team in 17th place, it doesnt mean hes better than Camo.
Ain't that a hypocrycy? You're so damn quick to point out that Parma are in 17th place as an argument of Marchionni isn't good. I guess Gilardino and Frey are playing rather "well" right?

Apart from being Argentinian I dont undertsand the hatred towards Camo. He is a class act and a class player. Marchionni and Esposito are more direct and that can be a benefit with the current Italy team. Camo would probably look much better in the Argentina team.

Camo has NEVER been class act. He will NEVER BE either. Neither at Verona or at Juve. he DID have some great periods, this year at the start of the season, last year same time. Then he became average as the player he is!!

Marchionni has always been our power, offensive power bar his first season when he was too young.

And it's even more absurd claiming Esposito should get a chance, you obviously haven't seen Parma this year nor last year.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Why is Esposito absurd? The guy has score 12 oals this season and is clearly suited to the 4-3-3 formation, as aan out and out right side midfielder then yes Marchionni is better but clearly I did state the 4-3-3...

Camo is more of a class act than Marchionni. My judgements of this are not only from this season (in which Camo has been one of Juves best players) but also the previous 2 better this.

It is clearly you who is more biased being a Parma fan. I think Im one of the only unbiased person on XT who doesnt actually think every one of my own players is some sort of God.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Deano said:
Why is Esposito absurd? The guy has score 12 oals this season and is clearly suited to the 4-3-3 formation, as aan out and out right side midfielder then yes Marchionni is better but clearly I did state the 4-3-3...
Does the name Doni ring ANY bell to you?

Camo is more of a class act than Marchionni. My judgements of this are not only from this season (in which Camo has been one of Juves best players) but also the previous 2 better this.
The 2 previous ones????? There is a difference in being good throughout the league and a difference in playing great for 5 games!

It is clearly you who is more biased being a Parma fan. I think Im one of the only unbiased person on XT who doesnt actually think every one of my own players is some sort of God.
Have I stated that he is a God? Please, you're the one who ALSO said that you don't rate Frey very high :rolleyes: . of course I'm going to defend him (and Marchionni) cuz what you say is simply NOT TRUE!! And then you even said that Pelizzoli will be better then frey :eekani: . Get real, you're not biased? *Corvia* does that name say anything to you? You worship him like he was the next big thing but NO ONE has seen him do anything. At least Sorrentino has scored a goal in Serie A yet no one has praised him but have waited to see (check the parma forum).

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Pelizzoli has been jinxed by me unfortunately but now I dont rate either goalie so high as many even if both are quality in their own right.

Corvia I rate as very promising but I do not remember saying he is anything better than promising. He scored like a billion golas in our yoth team which is why I rate him highly. Im hoping he will take that a step forward. To say I rate him any higher is just a lie.

As for Esposito - DOni it is true this can happen. Still Doni deserved his first call in which he scored, but also didnt deserve his WC call because he started to suck even before this. Its all about performance and Esposito has scored 3 in his last 2 so why doesnt he deserve the call at this current time?

Camo has played alot more than 5 good games this season and has been alognside Zlatan and Nedved, key to juve's attacking success this season. Considering these 3 + Zambrotta have been the only useful attacking players of Juve it shows all of them have done well till now this year.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Deano said:
Pelizzoli has been jinxed by me unfortunately but now I dont rate either goalie so high as many even if both are quality in their own right.
Don't tell me you believe in all that hocus pocus stuff? Pelizzoli has ALWAYS been average, bar his season at Atalanta. Then last year (was it last year when you came 3d ?) but that was mostly due to your defence/deffensive mid. Now that you're defence is exposed Pelizzoli is showing his true value.

Corvia I rate as very promising but I do not remember saying he is anything better than promising. He scored like a billion golas in our yoth team which is why I rate him highly. Im hoping he will take that a step forward. To say I rate him any higher is just a lie.
You have praised, either Corvia or Cerci, I've read that in Roma forum.

As for Esposito - DOni it is true this can happen. Still Doni deserved his first call in which he scored, but also didnt deserve his WC call because he started to suck even before this. Its all about performance and Esposito has scored 3 in his last 2 so why doesnt he deserve the call at this current time?
When I first asked the question I wante to "demonstrate" that betting on Esposito rather then Marchionni is far more risky. Marchionni has 2 great seasons under his belt, Esposito has 20 games! Not saying that he doesn't deserve it, the fact is that gambling on him is more risky then Marchionni.

Camo has played alot more than 5 good games this season and has been alognside Zlatan and Nedved, key to juve's attacking success this season. Considering these 3 + Zambrotta have been the only useful attacking players of Juve it shows all of them have done well till now this year.
In Juves midfield there is ONLY nedved and Camo who are offensive. Excluding the forwards that is. Camo hasn't been that influental to Juve as you may think. The only time he stood up like the rest is at the beginning, then he became kind of like Blasi. Blasi really sucks right now but he always plays cuz it suits Capello to have a guy who just runs his :ass: of without any contribution forward or what so ever. Not saying that Camo just runs but Camo is the one best suited that they have available.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
To downgrade Camo's performances this year to suit an arguement is unfair. Camo has been class. He is one of the reasons why Juve are top, especially with his performances up until december. His January may have not been so great but even the best players in the world have dips in form every season, but Juve have started to suck since a. Camo has dipped in form and B. Nedved has got injured.

I myself do not remember Marchionni being particularly outstanding nor paricularly poor in any game I have ever seen of him although I really liked the Marchionni of the Italy U21 side. Still I believe Camo on his best day is better than Marchionni on his best even if Marchionni is supposedly more consistent (even though I argue this)

Esposito scored 17 goals in B last year. I myself do nto think B is a great league to prove someone, but the fact he has now scoed 12 in A shows that he has had more than 20 good games... So it is not such a big risk! If Marchionni is the best RM in Italy then there are definitely problems with this NT, even though Marchionni is not so bad, he is just a normal boring RM which even Belarus and Slovenia probably have near his level. Luckily he is not the best RM, at least we have Camo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts