Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
President: ``Daum will stay``
12.03.2005

President Aziz Yıldırım said "consistency is very important" and therefore the stay of Christoph Daum "will happen", according to the man at the top of Fenerbahçe.
Speaking in the Annual Financial Meeting, Yıldırım assured the members that Daum will stay beyond the end of his current contract which expires at the end of the current season. He said: "Daum will stay. He`s also made mistakes but he will correct them. We constantly talk to him. As long as this unity continues and we have trust in the coaches and the players then success will come.

"Fenerbahçe will be successful in Europe in two or three years. We will take our success to better levels from today. We got nine points in the Champions League this season. This could seem like success but we don`t think so. We were the most upset at being knocked out to Real Zaragoza. We don`t have experience but we`ll gain everything in time."

Daum often notes the help of the board and Yıldırım spoke of how much work they put in, "thinking into the early hours" of how they can improve the club.

"After Şükrü Saracoğlu and Faruk Ilgaz, I`m the third president which has been in power for seven years. This has brought consistency.

"We will sell season tickets for all stands which can be paid for in installments. We`re workng with banks on this matter."
-----------------------

This was the best news our president could have given us at this moment. This will be a great boost for both our players and Christoph Daum.

For the first time in maybe 25 years Fener has stuck with the same coach for almost 2 years now......it's a record!:rollani:

Anyways, great news.....and big thanks to the greatest Fenerbahce president ever! :)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,724 Posts
But thats the exact problem Fener is avoiding by announcing that they're staying with Daum. Are there better coaches in the world, sure. But do they all want to come to Fenerbahce and stay? No.
Why put the club through another bunch of rumors, when the club is having success. They may not be winning everything, but they're building a foundation to do that very soon. And keeping the manager so that the many young players on this squad can continue to grow (not take a step back by re-learning things differently from a coaches) is great news!
Thank you Aziz Yildrim from making the club something we can be proud of that doesn't just chase after the trend of the moment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
983 Posts
Yeah, consistency means much. He is not so bad. Therefore he must stay and bring the club one step higher every year. Slow but sure....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cihan007x said:
Consistency is good but not with Daum becuz he is not consistent...
Isnt playing for the title 2 year in row consistent?:D


But i know you people wish we had a coach like Lorant or Ridvan Dilmen instead.....if that was the case you would want us to keep him even if the results were bad!

Kuduradurun....:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
983 Posts
Cengo said:
Isnt playing for the title 2 year in row consistent?:D


But i know you people wish we had a coach like Lorant or Ridvan Dilmen instead.....if that was the case you would want us to keep him even if the results were bad!

Kuduradurun....:D
And this is this months post..
 

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
Joined
·
3,578 Posts
Cengo said:
Isnt playing for the title 2 year in row consistent?:D


But i know you people wish we had a coach like Lorant or Ridvan Dilmen instead.....if that was the case you would want us to keep him even if the results were bad!

Kuduradurun....:D
bro if playing for only tukish title is enough for you than u cant find better than daum. ;)

Honestly i think that daum is the worst thing in fener. even i can do better with such a squad. common cenkcim you have the strongest squad ever in turkish leagues. and winning a league title shouldnt be enough for you... pls dont get me wrong u know me ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beast said:
bro if playing for only tukish title is enough for you than u cant find better than daum. ;)

Honestly i think that daum is the worst thing in fener. even i can do better with such a squad. common cenkcim you have the strongest squad ever in turkish leagues. and winning a league title shouldnt be enough for you... pls dont get me wrong u know me ;)
Not you too....i think our sucess hgave made you guys confused!

Yes, for me winning the title is enough because that will give us the chance to play in the C.L......but the thing is that GS fans want success for Fener in europe more than Fener fans.....dont you think that is a little strange? ;)

It doesnt matter what this team does.....it's always not enough. If we win the league....than people like you come and say.....hey winning the league is nothing.....you have to proove yourself in europe.

When we make good results in the C.L......9 points is very good rresult for a Turkish team in the C.L.! But this wasnt good enough either.

When this team scores 7 goals....the team we played against is a "gariban"!

It doesnt matter for you whatever this team does....because you try make yourselves feel better by convincing yourselves that Fener isnt good enough....i think it makes you people sleep better at nights.

But facts tell that Fener rocks big time.....yes with Daum as coach.;)

Dont you think you are being a little too biased when you are expecting Fener to do wonders in their first campaign in europe with Daum.....is Fener really that good?

You keep saying Fener isnt playing any good football.....but still demand success in europe.....isnt that a VERY BIG contradiction?

I really couldnt care less if you dont find our team successful....what mattters is that i enjoy bashing Turkish teams.....and hopefully winning the title this year again.

Honestly, what did it help GS to win the Uefa Cup.....did it make you a bigger and better club.....is that why GS isnt playing in europe this year?

And is that why GS is in such debt.....and should be closed for good if the government didnt help you out year after year?

Who do you think are happeir today....Fener fans or GS fans?


Daum is the best that has happened to Fener in the past 30 years.....because it was exactly 30 years ago Fener won two championships in row.....anyone saying anything different is just too biased to see this or he has personal problems with Daum.

And lastly, can someone please tell me why Fener has to be succesful this fast.......why did you have a longer patience with Fatih Terim.....because as far as i remember it took him 4 years of very bad C.L. campaigns before he did anything worth mentioning in europe!

Why are the demands on Daum tougher....especially when you all say the quality of Turkish football has hit bottom this year?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
well,cengo you might see it all very positive now,, but you guys havent won the title yett. + what did gave the uefa cup us? oke maybe not much money.
But it sure as hell gived our Club a lot of Recognition all over europe + respect,and still does..And you know things like that are also important,maybe they are even one of the most important things.

money alone doesnt make anyone happy ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
*G*S* said:
well,cengo you might see it all very positive now,, but you guys havent won the title yett. + what did gave the uefa cup us? oke maybe not much money.
But it sure as hell gived our Club a lot of Recognition all over europe + respect,and still does..And you know things like that are also important,maybe they are even one of the most important things.

money alone doesnt make anyone happy ;)
Who said we have won the championship.....i said im satisfied with winning the championship in Türkiye....i answered a question that was asked to me!

According to you the only reason why Fener should be successful is because we get recognition and respect, is that so?

So, even if you run your clubs finances to the bottom.....fail to qualify to any european cup.....you are satisfied with "recognition and respect"?

If i asked you who won the Uefa Cup in 1999 or in 2002.....i doubt you will remember it without checking it up?

Football is not only about recognition and respect.....it's an industry these days....clubs are considered succesful if they can sell more jerseys and attract more fans to the stadiums. A club with good finances is a succesful club...of course it's important to win trophies but what good will a trophy do you if you cant pay your paychecks to your players?

According to the new Uefa criterias you cant participate in any european cups if your finances is not good enough.....the way GS is going you wont be allowed to play in europe.....is that also recognition and respect?

So, please spare me the money is not all talk.....because money talks.....there isnt a single non-Fener fan in Türkiye who wouldnt want to have a board and a squad like ours! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
you didnt read good,I said respect and recognition is important not everything.
And yes we have bad years,and nobody can then be happy with only this or only that.cause every fan wants succes isnt it?
or as you put it, where you happy with only Money? in the miserable years of Fener??

and you talk about money like that is everything,and now we are in a Finicial problems we are suddenly nothing? NO doenst work like that.
Galatasaray is indeed and will always be something big with or without money because its recognition in Turkey or europe,just like Fener has to.

And no I wouldnt want youre board, but you could give me youre budget money :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,136 Posts
I admit. I would love to see Galatasaray management as savvy and smart as Fenerbahce's. But unfortunately you can't have everything... some get good management, others get two european cups and brand recognition :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
*G*S* said:
you didnt read good,I said respect and recognition is important not everything.
And yes we have bad years,and nobody can then be happy with only this or only that.cause every fan wants succes isnt it?
or as you put it, where you happy with only Money? in the miserable years of Fener??

and you talk about money like that is everything,and now we are in a Finicial problems we are suddenly nothing? NO doenst work like that.
Galatasaray is indeed and will always be something big with or without money because its recognition in Turkey or europe,just like Fener has to.

And no I wouldnt want youre board, but you could give me youre budget money :D
On the contrary i read it very well.

Ask anyone here what i was writing about when Fener had their miserable years......!

Despite us playing crappy football i saw Aziz Yildirim's visions.....when the majority of Fener fans were unhappy with him....i stuck with him because he knew what had to be done to achieve success in the future.

2 years later Aziz Yildirim is one of the most popular president ever in Fenerbahce history....

There is a "En büyük kim?" thread in the main Turkish forum.....that topic was opened in early 2003 or late 2002.....you know when Fener had one of it's crappiest season ever....please read it and tell me if i was miserable or if i was seeing a bright future thanks to Aziz Yildirim's projects.....!

GS fans insisted that money doesnt bring you success.....i laugh about that. What would chelsea be without oil money from Russia?

What would Real Madrid and Manchester united be without their jersey sales in Japan, Korea and China?

What would Barca be without their 100,000 members who pay an annual fee to their club?

I can easily say that the way Fener is going GS will be 10 years behind in infrastructure and projetcs that will increase the club's incomes!

Yes, GS has won the Uefa Cup.....and i was as proud of it as any Turk.....but it looks like it was a one-time incident.....it will take a lot of radical decisions and efforts for GS to repeat that whilst Fener has a foundation that will help us stay at the top once we reach the same success as Gala in europe.....that's a big difference.....;)

We want the "respect and recognition" to last forever.....not for 1-2 years....;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And one more thing.....how come Fenerbahce is worth almost twice as much as a club who has won two european cups and earned a brand recognition?:D

Does people remember GS's Uefa Cup more....or when players like Anelka and Alex sign for Fener....:D

That's brand recognition my friends....:shades:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
I have to say the non turks I know,know fenerbahce as a club with yes money and show transfers but also as a club who never ever can perform something in europe,in contrary to Galatasaray.
They know that Galatasaray is the only club from Turkiye who can perform in europe.

And If I have to choose between all that money of yours of a price like the Uefa cup,,I choose definitly the Uefa Cup.

Cause afterall what have you won with all that money in Europe?
So yes Money isnt everything like i said before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are asking what Fener has won....im asking you how much you know about Turkish football history.

Do you even know that Fenerbahce is by far the most successful club in Türkiye......we have more league trophies than any other club....but unfortunately some smartass came up with the idea to count the league titles from 1959.....but besiktas cried and they count -58 and -59 as well.

But please update your Turkish football history about which club has been the most successful.

But if you think that winning an Uefa CUp (which is very good imo) makes you the greatest club ever in Türkiye.....then this means that Gencler, Denizli, trabzon are greater clubs as well considering they have achieved more in Europe.

Remember that GS achieved it's best result in the C.L.the year they bought Jardel.....and if im not mistaken you didnt trade him for sheep and cows.....he was the expensiest transfer ever in Turkish football history.....so yes....again....money talks.....and one time incidents are easily forgotten if they are not repeated!:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
again you didnt read good. because I didnt ask was has fener won?
I asked what have you won with all that money in Europe??

we dont have to talk who is the biggest or most succesful club in Turkiye because I know what you think and you probaly know what I think on that subject. or did you ever heard a Galatasaray fan said yes fenerbahce is the greatest ? :D
I say Galatasaray is the Greatest like you say Fenerbahce is the greatest.
maybe its even good we think like that,,because else our rivalry wouldnt be that big and exciting.

And on the money thing,I meant that when we won the uefa cup for example we didnt have as much money as you have,,we even had debts but still won. you get my point? im not saying a club can get without money cause ofcourse everyclub needs money,,but Galatasaray will always have enough money to let say perform, just as Fenerbahce will even if they are over 10 years in 230 million dollar debt.
Simply because Galatasaray and Fenerbahce are just to big for that in Turkiye.And even with not much money currently we dont have a bad team at the moment,and standing 2nd, so Imagine over some years when we are more healthy again ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
*G*S* said:
again you didnt read good. because I didnt ask was has fener won?
I asked what have you won with all that money in Europe??

we dont have to talk who is the biggest or most succesful club in Turkiye because I know what you think and you probaly know what I think on that subject. or did you ever heard a Galatasaray fan said yes fenerbahce is the greatest ? :D
I say Galatasaray is the Greatest like you say Fenerbahce is the greatest.
maybe its even good we think like that,,because else our rivalry wouldnt be that big and exciting.

And on the money thing,I meant that when we won the uefa cup for example we didnt have as much money as you have,,we even had debts but still won. you get my point? im not saying a club can get without money cause ofcourse everyclub needs money,,but Galatasaray will always have enough money to let say perform, just as Fenerbahce will even if they are over 10 years in 230 million dollar debt.
Simply because Galatasaray and Fenerbahce are just to big for that in Turkiye.And even with not much money currently we dont have a bad team at the moment,and standing 2nd, so Imagine over some years when we are more healthy again ;)
Actually.....you spent a lot of money the year you won the Uefa Cup....hence 144 million dollar debt....it's not like you built a stadium or any other facilities that made you loan this much money. you had players like Hagi, Tafarel, Popescu in the squad that had huge salaries....you had the best Turkish players who were wanted by many european clubs.....it costed a lot to keep them at GS year after year.....so again....GS would never have achieved what they did without spending tens of millions of doolars....maybe more than Fener!

Did you even know that Özhan Canaydin spent over 30 million dollars on transfers that Fatih Terim wanted during his last period at GS....over 20 players were bought.....again you didnt do this for free. But yes....this was a case where money didnt bring success....:D:pp


But i agree with the rivalry thing.....i doubt i will hear a die hard GS fan ever say Fener is the greatest or vice versa......but i have at least said, several times, that GS had the best squad ever when they won the Uefa CUp....and they played the best football ever in turkish football history.....so im not that biased as many might think! ;)
 

·
Master Debater
Joined
·
20,800 Posts
I think Fener has the talent to take in a trophy like the Uefa Cup within the next few years. I also think Fener has the stable financial infrastructure to stay on top once they get there.
Two things needed to get there
1. Experience
2. A tactical guru of a manager.

Just my humble opinions.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top